I bought 5 of these rugs in different room sizes and at first I was very pleased with the quality and the colors of them. But I have had these rugs for about 5 months now and I have never experienced rugs that shed as much as these do. Every time I vacuum these rugs I have to empty my vacuum cleaner at least 3x for each rug. I am worried that in time these rugs will have shed so much that there won't be much of a rug left. I am very sorry that I bought these and if I had known this, I would not have chosen this particular rug. I would never recommend this rug to a friend.
I've had this rug for about 2 years now. I really liked it when I first received it. Over the past year it has begun to loose chuncks of wool in some places. Also, I'm always having to sweep underneath it b/c white dust particles collect underneath. I'm not sure if this is glue or what. As long as you don't mind replacing the rug in a few years or so, I would say this is a good purchase to make. The rug is very nice looking and very colorful.
When I first received this rug, I loved it. It does shed excessively. One year later, it has finally gotten better but another problem surfaced. The rug is tufted...which means the wool is glued onto a backing. Patches of wool are starting to fall out of the carpet. This rug also has a white residue that collects on the underside of the rug. This isthe glue residue. I also bought the runner. I have not had problems with the runner. Beware, of this purchase...it is beautiful but does have some issues.
I ordered the rug on Sunday and received it the following Tuesday...can't beat that! It's a nice rug, just what I was looking for. Did not notice the shedding (some of the reviews I read got me worried!). I did pick up an off smell though, my guess it is from the dye used. I'm hoping it will go away with time...Overall, a good buy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? slight;y off, a bit lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The rug is solid, I'm happy with the purchase. As other reviews note, it sheds a lot. I've had it about a month and it's still shedding. The little fibers stick to the dog and end up all over the house, which is a bit annoying, but should go away with time. The rug is lighter than the picture shows, but the colors look great. I would recommend pulling the trigger if you're on the fence. Also, shipping was incredible. I ordered the rug on Sunday and when I came back from work on Tuesday, it was sitting at my door. This thing weighs 90 pounds and it tough to move around by yourself because of its size, so plan on having some help getting it where you want it.
I have been looking for a wool rug for my dining room for months. This rug may be one of the best buys i have ever made. It is simply beautiful - a wonderful compromise between traditional and fun. The colors are beautiful. It is fabulous underfood. I am thrilled!!! Overstock is wonderful. The comparable rugs i have been looking at were at least 2x the price.
DO NOT BUY!!! If it had allowed me to rate 0 stars, that's what I would've done! I have had this rug for several months now. I can't say I like it any better than the day it arrived, but am getting used to it. For the size, it was a decent value. But don't be fooled by the pictures on here of any of the Heritage Diamond Bakhtiari rugs!!! The colors looked like an old world feel--which I wanted. Very rich, yet more muted colors and hues--kind of rustic. The rug instead has a bright burgundy and country blue, yellow, etc. The more I type this the more I despise my rug!!! Plus the shedding! It is awful. It creates the worst fiber/dust balls around the rug and walls. When I vacuum I have to stop and empty vacuum before I cover the entire rug. It will all disappear soon into the vacuum and maybe I'll be able to justify a new rug for the space! It is under my dining table and figured it's a good one to put there so not everyone sees it and I don't care if it's spilled on. Bring on the grape juice!!!!
We LOVE this rug. It fits into the room and ties together the colors of our tile floor, our stone fireplace, and all of the furnishings. We have had no issue with odor, it is shedding a bit, but in general holding up great to its first taste of our hard wear and tear. We have four dogs, two cats, and six grandchildren. My daughter remarked that it looks so good, she almost forgot it was new, everything just looks perfect with it. It is a lovely warmth that adds color and comfort to a big room. We also have the matching runner, and I'm really glad we did that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, beautiful, soft and makes the room
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely accurate
I bought this rug and the runner to match, I also got a braided Jute rug, love them all. This one is my baby though... It works best in the guest room w/ the decor, but I often find myself going in there just to admire it - it's definitely a pop of color, but it is muted a bit, still VERY colorful and like I said the thickness is right on, no pad needed and SOFT, my chihuahua loves it and if you have them you know how picky they are w/ things! GREAT BUY!!!! May have to buy new furniture to be able to enjoy it in my main living room!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better than i could imagine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. soft, thickness is great barefoot, elegant, yet still casual
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Really beautiful carpet: also exactly as it appears on site, with a range of muted colors - cranberry, persimmon, sage, gold, ivory, gray-blue, light blue . Complements my Restoration Hardware couch well (heathered silver sage). Nice and thick and sheds only minimally.
It took me nearly a month to hit the buy button for an online rug but I'm glad I did. The rug came well wrapped and looked great when I unrolled it. The colors are a lot more muted that the picture shows... the edging and border are a dusty burgandy and the rust is more a brick dust color and I am so glad. I've only had it on the floor for a day so I cannot yet speak to the shedding that other reviewers spoke of. So far, I am extremely please and will order my other rug immediately.
I've owned this rug for several years now. It is in a room that isn't used very often. I like the color which is lighter than the picture, but still saturated, and not bland. The main issue I have with the rug is that it sheds a lot. When I vacuum it the canister is full of fuzz. I haven't noted any pilling on the carpet itself. It may not be a good choice if you have babies rolling on the floor, but works well in moderately used rooms.
Great rug. Serves the purpose we need it for, which is to disguise stains under our kitchen table as our 1-yr old learns to eat. It does quite well for that and will last a long time. The only negative thing I can say is that it does shed quite a bit. It needs to be vacuumed daily in the beginning and at least 3 x per week after that. Colors are true, pile is very thick. The colors do get muted due to the shedding, but become more vibrant after vacuuming.
For the price they are very nice rugs. However, DUE to the price, of course they are not the highest quality. Shedding and tuft loss is a constant issue and must be vacuumed every 3-4 days to keep the colors shining through. They are very pretty rugs and I do love the colors. Very thick. I use the large area rug under king bed - can not imagine having a this rug, of that size completely open in a room due to extreme shedding. The runners and smaller rugs are manageable and beautiful on tile and wood floors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. semi good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The rug lies beautifully. The quality is higher than I thought it would be considering the price. Of course, it is giving up some of its fiber since it is still a new rug. However, the shedding is already waning. It's much thicker than I expected. I will say that I'm very, very happy with this purchase, and I have purchased hundreds of rugs in my lifetime. For the price, this one cannot be beat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's a tad lighter colored than the website's picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This rug is nice and thick. But as wool rugs can- it sheds. I love the O. Great prices quick delivery. Great customer service.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great rug for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? matched
Love the colors and the quality of this rug. It is thick and sturdy with a great cotton backing. Seems to be built to last.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors are even more vibrant than the photos
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate
This is a beautiful rug and definitely a bargain. It looks gorgeous on our new hardwood floor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly represented
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very high quality rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
The colors of the rug I received was much lighter - pastel even. I was prepared for a difference in color based on other reviews, however on the website from several different monitors the colors were much darker / richer, Autumn tones as opposed to the Spring tones that this rug is. The rug will still work for us because the colors are in the same family but I imagine it will show dirt quickly because it is so light. It does shed but not any more than tufted wool rugs we have bought in the past, perhaps even less. The rug is thick and comfortable, had a smell for only two days after unpacking and arrived as scheduled. For the price I consider it a very good value and we are enjoying it in our family room where it is paired with classic leather furniture and looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? MUCH LIGHTER
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, even very good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate except for color...
We love this rug. It looks great with all kinds of colors and doesn't show anything even with many kids and pets on it constantly. The kids love to lie on it. It shed for a couple months, but has stopped.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. lovely, thick, soft rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate