What a shock!! A thousand dollars less than similar carpet that we could purchase locally; no shipping costs; the exact color and design that we had spent weeks trying to find, at any price; and, when it arrived, it was everything that was advertized on the internet!! We love our new Oriental rug especially, the price!!
The description and advertised quality of this item is what intrigued us to purchase it ! Shopping was very easy and delivery was very prompt ,Quality is Great ,what more could you ask for on a purchase ? We will shop with these folks again ! OOhay
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality and Great Vivid colors !
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Good
The delivery was quick, the quality is of the rug seems very good, nice tight weave, no frays, measures as described,vand it is rich looking....but the colors are not exactly as described, and the rug is quite dark. The light areas in the picture, are not as distinct in person, so that everything sort of blends together. Perhaps the dyes are natural and so the colors may vary... I am not sure. There is not much shedding as others have described. I am experiencing a bit of a musty smell, as though the rug may have gotten damp, or like it may have been stored in a damp basement...however I am keeping the rug, and I am sure I will enjoy it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The blue is more of a very very dark blue green color...the colors are muted and not as distinct looking as in the picture .
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is good. Nice and plush, minor shedding, but there is a musty smell, that I hope disappear.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
The reviews about shedding ARE MORE THAN SERIOUS.... If asthma is in family, do not purchase this rug. We recieved it yesterday and after 5 full bags and a mess everywhere, I had to stop. Back to see if IT will stop. The rug looks more expensive than actual cost. Is extremely close to the Heriz in style. The pile is thick, however not tight. I did order it a bit bigger than I should have but that is my own mistake. I ran out of sweeper bags and it is still ready for more. I certainly hope it stops. Wear a mask and goggles when sweeping. You will find that it helps. Overstock really does have nice rugs so I will keep working on this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is pretty much what you pay for but it does LOOK rich
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? both on site and reviews were very accurate
I had read many reviews before purchasing this rug. I did read about the shedding but talked with others who had purchased new rugs that shed only for one extensive vacuum session. 6 months later this rug still sheds. In fact, it sheds enough that I have to empty the vacuum cleaner a few times each time I vacuum it. (Note that since I know it sheds I take my time and am methodical about vacuuming it, which accounts for some o fthe excess in the number of times I have to empty it.) I have two preschool-age kids who are on this rug all the time. The shedding doesn't bother them or me during use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems like good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This rug is a superb vallue. The colors are lush and true to the description, and the pile is thick and deep. It is the perfect accent for my Morgan love seat and chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Absolutely on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent! Thick and lush
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent. Spot on!
I was scared of ordering this size rug on line but we could not be happier with the color match, size, quality and shipping. We are pleased. The right finishing touch for our dining room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good matvh
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I am delighted with my new rug! The pile is soft, thick, and tight. The colors depicted in the picture are quite true, but the rug is a bit darker, than I imagined. It vacuums nicely and laid flat on the floor within 24 hours. It arrived within 4 days and was securely wrapped in multiple layers of plastic.
I bought this for my condominium's dining room and the size of the room would not accommodate an 8x10 rug, so much of my purchase decision was based on size, but I have to say it's a well made rug, thick/heavy tuft and the dark blue perfectly matches a blue paint I already had in that room. The rug's color palette allow me to do most anything in terms of accents. I'm not getting the shedding problem some of the other reviewers have gotten, perhaps because the rug is under a table and is not subject to a lot of foot traffic. I was happy when I unwrapped it to find that the maker is Safavieh, which is a well known brand. I am happy with the quality and price point (I really thought I'd have to spend $1,000... this was well under that.)
We loved the rug, it really brightened the room. I didn't know what the reviews meant by "shedding" until I had the rug in our house. Yes, it loses a lot of volume and I have filled many vacuum canisters with the rug fluff. I found it all over the house. Now the rug has been here for a year, thinner, but still looks okay. With that said, it is a pretty rug, looks great in our living room and good price. I wanted a wool rug and now I know that that is what they do, shed. I would still buy it again.
The rug arrived about a week after I placed the order. It was a little more gold then my computer showed but the gold color showed up on my husbands computer. I'm pleased with my purchase and would consider getting another area rug from overstock.com. It certainly feels plush.
This is a beautiful rug and it arrived in just two days. On-screen the rug appears to have a red background, but actually the predominant color is a deep rich burgundy with dark navy and highlights of ivory, tan, various shades of green and some lighter blues. The ivory/tan is not as evident as it appears; truly an accent color. The measurements were exact.
The carpet is thick and heavy, the colors are beautiful, ... but is it normal for a rug to shed this much!? I haven't had it for long yet, so I still hope the shedding will decrease (drastically). After the first time I vacuumed over it i literally had a fist full of tiny (1/4" long) carpet fuzz. But it does look great!