I needed something with red/burgundy and navy to complement an existing rug that is placed near this one. I wasn't too excited when I ordered it. However, when it arrived I was amazed and overjoyed. The pattern really pops in person and the quality is wonderful. It is a thick comfortable wool. It looks so much more expensive that it is.
We bought this rug to be a companion piece to another rug in our living room but could not use it in that room because the blue is so dark it looks black next to the navy blue of the other rug. The rug itself is a lovely piece, and in bright sunlight, you can see that it looks to be a midnight blue, but under normal house conditions, it looks black. We currently have it in our family room/den and it looks lovely. If you are ordering it and expecting the blue to look blue, it DOES NOT. Order it with black in mind.
I would recommend this rug to anyone. It is warm, yet subtle in our high-use family room. I really like the feel of the carpet as I walk barefoot around the house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very true to color; the navy is very dark navy.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Equal to Egyptian carpets I have throughout home and colors are almost exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
My red was lighter/brighter than expected my navy blue is almost black. It has been shedding tons and I've been vacuuming it as directed for new wool rugs that shed. Some of the tuffs have come up and some of the colors look patchy. Other than that, especially for the price, this is a great rug! It's soft, thick and beutifull. it's perfect for my space and am happy I bought. It's so soft and I found the same rug elsewhere for much much more! thanks overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? almost
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
DON'T EVEN THINK TWICE-THIS RUG IS SO THICK AND LUXORIOUS. IT IS MORE LIKE ART ON THE FLOOR. THE NAVY IS DARK WHICH I LOVE-ACTUALLY MIDNIGHT BLUE AND THE RED IS NOT VIBRANT-MAKING THE COLORS BLEND SO HARMONIOUSLY. I COMPARED THIS RUG TO STORE RUGS AND I WAS ASTOUNDED AT STORE PRICES FOR SIMILAR RUGS-$1500!!