After reading all of the reviews, you never know what to do, so I just did it. I ordered two oval and one rectangular area rug with pads to go under(also from Overstock). The rugs are very neutral and would just about go anywhere. They appear to be nicely made, plush and quality. The colors are more subdued that I had anticipated, although I was not surprised as other reviews cited the same thing. The colors are more beige, some mustard, a mute coral color and neutral green/blue, burgundy on the outside edge. These colors are not overpowering and I think blend with many color schemes. I like them in the basement room I finished. I put them on my newly laminated floor(Brazilian koa) and they go very nicely. The pads create a very cushy feeling and they don't slip at all. The edges curl when you first unroll them, but putting a heavy object on overnight cured that problem. Shipping was fantastic, well protected and overstock got them here in only a few days...no hassle, they left them outside of my garage. Just be aware, that some of the pictures on the internet show them more vivid in color, they are more subdued. If you're looking for vivid or any jewel tones don't order these area rugs. I have never been dissatisfied with Overstock.com after several purchases.
This rug just arrived, so I cannot attest to it's durability. However I can write that it is clearly a lovely rug. The colors are not at all what I expected. They are not the vibrant colors I thought, based on reader reviews, but are instead darker. The edging is dark red, more a sangria than a raspberry. The inner colors are a deeper blue (more like true blue, than a federal blue), a mellow gold ocher rather than yellow, and the green a leaf, not a sage. The green around the edging is loden, and doesn't match the inner green of the pattern. The pinkish color is a brown/salmon, and the brown is a taupe. The background is a wheat/oatmeal color. Essentially, the colors all look slightly antiqued, which is good since I hope for it to not show any dirt. I cannot tell if the abrash is deliberate, or if it's an error in craftsmanship. The Bakhtiar pattern is very pretty, but lacks the precision in more expensive Persian rugs. It is a Safavieh brand rug, so I don't have high expectations of it's details, and frankly the price was great. It is a reasonably thick rug, and feels nice underfoot. My dogs are already enjoying lying on it since it's more comfortable than the hardwood floor!
I bought this rug for my breakfast nook, because I have an oval table, and the colors tie both the kitchen and the family rooms together perfectly! Between the two rooms, I have a mix of burgundy, tan, gold, and olive tones. The picture on the website really doesn't do it justice. Thank you Overstock!
Nice rug, holding up well, sheds quite a bit. Ended up putting it in the guest room as the colors were much darker than pictured of described. The trim is more of a brown burgundy. It's a 'busy' rug as shown. Lots of nice sage and forest greens. Oval shape
The photos of this rug were not true....at least not on my computer screen. There is much more of a cooler grey and cranberry appearance; not a warmer ivory and rust red. The rug is a good value for the price, but I had to return it, and so I lost the money from the cost of the return shipping. I guess I'll have to stick with shopping locally.
This rug was bought to match a larger area rug. Unfortunately, the colors are much darker. It doesn't really match the larger rug, and appears to be not as well made. While I like the larger rug, this one is a disappointment. I should have returned it.
This is the third rug I have ordered-the first was a 9x11, loved it so ordered a oval 4x6, loved that and now I am enjoying the third! Great colors, they are muted-faded looking for the vintage look I am going for. I will be ordering a felt pad for the larger rug as I have had it for several years and decided I want a little more pad when we are on the floor.
really liked this rug, the colors were perfect for our new hardwood floors. Only problem was the strong chemical smell. This lasted a few weeks. If it was summer I would of hung outside to air out. Because of this, I am hesitate to order the matching rugs in this line.
I have had the rug a couple years now. It is a very nice rug and still looks good, but the backing, which was glued on is now seperating. But definitely still being used and a nice rug overall, especially for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The only thing about this rug that is less than expected is that there is some white powder that is continually working out of the bottom of the rug. We have beat the rug, vaccumed the rug repeatedly and now my husband even took it out and blew it out with his air compressor. The white powder is messy and unsightly, but hopefully will stop soon. The rug itself is gorgeous. We are so pleased with this purchase. I have to point out that I have been looking at Overstock rugs for the last few years, and this is the only one my husband has ever really liked. In fact, he ordered it immediately for our bedroom. Somehow this just makes it more special to me :-) Way to go Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? colors were slightly different than expected, but really beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. warm and soft
We now have three of these rugs, all in different rooms, they look beautiful on our hard wood floors, easy to care for, would recommend these.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is wonderful, when we first got them, the did pill for a short time, most wool carpets do, it only lasted until the second time of vaccuming.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This rug would look good with most any color of paint on your walls. It is in our entry hall that is painted sage, with a room on one side that is cobalt and the room on the other side is smoky grape. Complements all three colors! My friends love it and say it adds a lot to our entry hall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Deeper colors - I would say predominantly deep merlot
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Plush, beautiful colors.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Colors deeper than it looks onscreen.
I was very pleased with this rug. I"m using it in a hallway. The colors are more muted than the website depicts, but that is actually better for me. The rug is beautifull and I love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? colors are not as vivid
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice , good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate except colors are more muted
previous reviews were helpful and accurate. I bought the runner first and then ordered the oval and smaller rug. Love them all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. wool, heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
This is a beautiful rug. It draws the eye to it as soon as you walk into the house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? prettier in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This rug was thicker than I thought it would be, which makes it seem more luxurious..it took a few days to completely flatten after unrolling, but it looks great, and the backing is not "slippery", I do have an under-rug rubber pad to hold it in place, but I almost did not need to place anything under, great deal for the price..it reminds me of rugs I saw in Turkey last year, for a fraction of the cost!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate