We have a new house with bamboo floors and our dogs were sliding all over the place. I knew we needed area rugs and that Overstock had a great selection for an even better price. This rug is beautiful, thick and since it is wool it will stand up to stains. I didn't want something made of smelly chemical products. Everyone loves this rug. Delivery was fast. Thank you, Overstock!
The knot count on this rug is not high as I expected (because of price). But it is of good quality - no shedding, and pile is denser, wool is softer than expected. It seems durable as well. It has a dense backing with a reinforced, band running along perimeter, sewn on reverse side. Overall it's a very nice looking carpet. . .can't beat it for the price. The only small criticism I could make is that the colors and/or overall look is a bit more muted than I had expected. I think my expectation that it would be a little brighter is mostly due to the reviews I read before purchase. However, I still like the carpet very much and attribute this difference, muted colors vs brighter colors, to the fact that it is hand made. . . perhaps each rug is slightly different than the next. Also, I prefer muted vs too bright. I would definitely recommend this rug.
I had a smaller version of this runner that I bought from Overstock several years ago. After nearly 5 years as an entry rug, it still looks great! I wanted a longer version to go in front of the doors and along the wall with the dog door in my sun-room. The new runner matched the old one perfectly (which means the old one has not faded) and looks and performs very well in this high traffic area. They look very elegant against my dark floors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color matched the discription
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Very thick, stays flat
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
If the rug we selected was as nice as the one we got, it should be a great buy. Since the rug we received was very nice and headed for a hallway, we elected to keep what was sent. It was great quality and a good buy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? since O'stock sent the wrong rung , hard to tell
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. we received a red/blue rug instead of the multi ordered but the quallty was great , nice and thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? hard to tell
Very thick, luxurious runner - so rich looking and it really dresses up my hardwood hallway.... LOVE IT!!! Only problem is my cat loves it - so I find tufts of the wool where he has used his claws on it. Wah! I've covered it up when I don't have company and it's working, I hope he moves on to his scratching post and leaves my gorgeous rug alone. I'm going to buy another small matching rug to put in front of the powder room - it is absolutely a wonderful purchase. My runner is nicely square and beautiful subtle colors, I was worried about the blue but it's fairly quiet and the "gold-ness" of the rug shines through! I highly recommend this rug to anyone looking for a thick, beautiful runner!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on target!
I've purchased from overstock rugs before and been really happy. This rug has a similar quality of material and workmanship-- its the same brand-- but there is a slight angle to it on one end. I am living in an apartment, in which I don't intend to stay much more than a year, so I can deal with it... but if this were my forever house... or even two years, three years, this rug would be going back (what a pain!). I couldn't deal with the wonkiness of it indefinitely. Try a different one. I am 1/2 and really, they're both beauties...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? lighter and redder than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's a beautiful rug, but it isn't cut properly and towards one end, skews to the side by about 3/4 an inch
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? moderately
DO NOT BUY this product. Do yourself a favor and run away from this product or get a better quality stuff. We bought the runners in the summer after carefully scrutinizing the pictures and the reviews that are now in the retrospect suspiciously positive for the kind of product we got. We installed the runners only just 2 months ago, (about 5 months after the purchase). - First, when we installed them, our apartment started to smell like a wet sheep's behind. The smell did not go away even after 2 months of having it on the floor. We have two large Nourison rugs that we installed in the summer and there was no smell at all from them. - Secondly, the rugs shed like crazy. Initially we thought that few vacuum cleanings will just take care of it, but so far no luck. The small carpet hairs are all over our socks and clothing. There are small little bulks of small hair gathering in the corners and under our furniture after just 2-3 days after the vacuuming. The traffic is minimal as my wife and I are at work during the day. I noticed few "bold spots" on the rug from where some of the bigger chunks of the hair are missing after just about 4-5 vacuums. We do vacuum the rugs very gently, but the hair is still coming out. Our vacuum cleaner is clogging out and the bag needs to be replaced every vacuum session. We do not have this with other carpet that are from Nourison. - Lastly, the runners are looking better on the picture than in the reality. We have plenty of light in out hallways and the rugs colors are not what you get to see on the website. I wish there would be a way to return this bad product and get a better quality stuff that may cost more money, but it the long run it is worth the expense.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The pictures on the website are too good to be true
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sheds a lot, then sheds some more, cheap looking, "dirty" and bleak colors
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Do yourself a favor and run away from this product or get better quality stuff
I have been looking for a 14 foot hallway runner that I liked and could afford for months; there is just not a lot of affordable choices for that length out there. I watched this one for months and the price finally dropped to a point were I felt I must order. I was very nervous as I had never ordered from Overstock before and I don't do much online ordering at all....I like to touch and see the merchansise before I buy. I feel the quality of this rug for the price is excellent. While I think this is a perfect rug for a traditional home, my home leans more towards a transisitional style and it looks great. I have gotten a lot of nice compliments on the rug and it warmed up my hallway. It comes rolled and it has taken a while to get it to lay flat, especially in the middle but it's getting there. I was concerned that the blue in the rug might stand out too much and be too bright but that is not the case. I do have a tile floor and did not order a rug pad but that will be my next purchase. It actually stays put pretty good if it's just me walking on it but my little 13 pound dog can run down that hallway and hit the edge and make it move. I love walking on it, it's so soft and warm underfoot. I am very glad I purchased this rug and was thrilled when it came in.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good, just slightly darker than the website.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
We have ordered six of these in different sizes to cover our wood floors. We've received so many compliments on these rugs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Brilliant colors
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice and thick, love the quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Better than we thought
This is a good rug. It looks just like what you see on the website.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I love this rug. The colors are rich and stunning and really brighten up my entry hallway. It was definitely worth the money I paid as it is so well made and has a very luxurious feel to it. It does seem to shed a bit but I expected that so it doesn't bother me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great. It is very thick and looks like I paid a lot more money for it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
From the reviews and from the photo I knew I would like this runner, but I had no idea just how perfect it would be for my hallway leading into the living room. The colors exactly incorporate all the colors of my couch, carpet, pillows, etc. I am delighted once again by my purchase from Overstock.com.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? terrific
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
This is the only rug I have returned from O.co - it is just kind of dark and did not really go with the space I needed - the description and quality were fine but in real life it just didn't seem quite as nice as the others have
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Fine
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I live in a 1920's style Deco building that has been restored to the era. I was looking for something to match this Deco style. I was hesitant in buying this rug after reading so many reviews that said the colors were not exact and that it would shed profusely however after receiving the rug I am ecstatic. The colors were exactly as displayed on my screen. The rug is super thick, plush and no shedding what so ever. It has enough weight that I may not even need a rug pad I purchased. It is the perfect deco style rug to fit my hallway not only in length and color but in this beautiful pattern. I am so happy that I am buying the exact same rug to complete the last portion of the hallway. Buy without hesitation.
Bought this runner for my bedroom hallway. The colors are very rich and dark. There are some ivory background areas but it's mostly dark colors. The pile is thick. Unrolled immediately and lays flat and straight. This is my second rug from Overstock and I've been happy with both. It's an excellent rug for the money.