I am so happy with my new rugs! I bought this one and the same design in the 5'x7' size. They have a thick, plush, cushy pile, although I would recommend a thick felt rug pad underneath to help extend these rugs' lifetime. They are just gorgeous in person and deserve to be treated well. I've only had them in place for a few weeks now, and they shed lightly like any new rug would, but nothing out of the ordinary. There's no pilling or anything like that, just some extra fibers in my vacuum cleaner. I must point out, though, that the background is very clearly a light blue. On my computer screen, some of these photos look like the background is a grey-blue. There's little grey to them in person. Instead, they're a soft, happy, sky-blue, which works beautifully in my room. I hope you enjoy them as much as I am!
The brand is ***. I have other rugs from this brand in my home, and I would buy their rugs again. I rated this rug 4-stars instead of 5 because I can see a few color inconsistencies in the design. For example there is a very slight change in the background color from the top of the rug to the bottom. Also, on one of the medallions there is a spot in the design that should have a splash of dark blue but the dark blue is missing. These inconsistencies are very difficult to pick out at all - they just look like shading - but they are there. As with all new rugs, this rug is shedding. I vacuumed it three times and filled up my vacuum each time. I expect it will shed quite a bit over the next few months, but that is typical. The rug is so thick that it could stand to lose a few threads. All in all I am very happy that I could get an 8x10 rug of this quality for such a discounted price and $3 shipping. What a great value!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the rug is as pictured on the website. The background is a light slate blue and the designs are in darker blues and ivory.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is obviously a high quality, thick wool rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The Overstock site says in the blurb for this run that it is "hand-tufted polyester shag rug" but in the details it says it is wool. It is definitely a wool rug and not polyester.
I have been very pleased with this rug. Its thick and durable. I keep it under my dining room table. Its got enough pattern to bring some style to the room, but the colors are muted enough that it doesn't over power the room. I have royal blue dishes and this matches great. I am glad i made this purchase. I looked at possibly buying a Persian or oriental rug which can run easy over $XXXX. The price for this rug seemed like a bargain compared to other options.
I really like this rug. The color is bright and fresh and the pattern is intricate without being busy. It's also quite thick, and even though my cat has attacked it more than once, it doesn't look any worse for wear. It shed a little, but not as much as some of the other wool rugs I've bought. The color is pretty true to the photo, maybe a little more vivid, and a perfect match for the velvet curtains I bought at World Market. It's very light, though, so beware - I spilled coffee on it and could not get it out. It's not as stain resistant as I expect wool to be, probably because of the color. So you might want to scotchgard it or something. But even with the stain I still get compliments all the time and really like this rug.
This rug feels and looks very well made and of good quality. It is extremely soft under foot. The color base color has a slight green/blue/grey look as opposed to the blue/grey that I saw online. I have had the rug about 2 weeks and have vacuumed 3 times since. It is shedding as I would expect, but not a great deal. I would highly recommend this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The background color was closer to a green/blue/gray as opposed to the blue/grey I saw online. Still absolutely beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This rug is very well made. While it has been shedding, it is no more that I would expect with any new rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description was given online.
This rug is so pretty! I have it in the master bedroom. Most of it is under the bed, with a few feet exposed on both sides and the foot of the bed. This rug sheds so much that I can fill up my vacuum just by vacuuming the few exposed feet! I have probably vacuumed it five or six times in the month that it's been down, and I am still filling it up. I suppose that won't go on forever, but be prepared. It feel wonderful underfoot, though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.