After 3 moths, this rugs continues to shed all over my hardwood floors. Maybe if you have it on carpet, it wouldn't be as noticeable. Also, it has pulled up in places in front of the couch where there is the highest traffic. It looked great at first but now just looks worn and I have to vacuum it daily. I am currently looking for something to replace it. This purchase was not worth the money. I have purchased a number of other rugs from overstock that I have been pleased with and that have worn well. I am very disappointed with this rug.
This rug is amazing and a perfect combination for the bedroom that is painted in Dunn Edwards Canary Island. It's dense and has an antiqued wash appearance and beautiful tones. I read the reviews about shedding and was not concerned. I have a few ubber expensive wool rugs and they shed as well. It takes years for a wool rug to settle and the shedding shows thats it's densily tufted. I love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the rug is more muted giving it an antiqued look.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This rug is great -- dense, fabulous shades of colors and a perfect fit for the bedroom painted in Dunn Edwards Canary Island.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The online description is pretty acurate.
I would agree that colors are not bright. It is more tan and ivory then brown and gold. The outer rim is a medium tan and then the next color is a sage green... I did not expect the green. the "red" is more of a brick red which is perfect for our home. Also, the measurements were right on. My wall colors are bold earthy tones so this softens the dining room a bit.This is my third rug from overstock and am equally impressed with it. I could not get this quality of rug for the price in the local area. the "typical" shedding of these rugs does not bother me... I have a dyson and it picks up the "shedding" with ease.
This is exactly why I love Overstock- they have the best selection of rugs on the internet AND the best prices! I have been looking for this rug like this online and no matter where I looked the prices were at LEAST twice as expensive! I was afraid that the quality would not be good but was in retrospect shocked that this beautiful piece could be offered at the price I paid. To top it off its a designer name brand! I love my purchase.. absolutely ecstatic about it. I did see some reviews regarding some shedding however this was not a problem with my piece. I would recommend however that if you are to vacuum this rug to be gentle- its hand made afterall! Most vacuums are very strong and have very hard bristles that can actually do more harm to the rug by shredding the rug. If you must vacuum a great way I have found is to use a small Dustbuster or even a manual rolling one. I will be back for more rug purchases!
I really liked the look of this rug, but it sheds like mad! I've had it for more than two months now and have vacuumed it every single day (!) and it still is shedding like crazy. Walk on it it dark socks or sit on it in dark pans, and it's all over them! Not just lint like you'd expect, but serious shedding of the wool. And I get wool "dust bunnies" from it on the hardwood floor around the rug. It's just a mess. Otherwise, mine was delivered imperfect -- it has one corner that is much lighter than the rest of the run, and I should have sent it back right away, but waffled on whether it was just the light of if it really was the rug and didn't send it back...alas, now I'm sorry as it really is a significant imperfection in the rug, more that just normal variation you'd expect in a nattural fiber product. So I wouldn't buy it again, it's just too darn messy!
This rug is in my living and dining area - I get so many positive comments from visitors. It does need the non-slip backing if not anchored by furniture. Some piling is happening, so vacuum frequently. Rug has lovely patten but is subtle enough to blend into a more modern room.
these rugs - bought it for my bedroom since I have wood floors and my dog kept throwing her toys and treats - plus I keep the heat down and her feet kind of get cold - love the colors - in fact I have the same rugs in my living room and diving rooms - halls etc. only problem is it sheds a lot. Have to dust more often for a few years.
The rug arrive fairly quick and was packaged very well. The rug's quality is just as the other's stated but the reason I gave it a four-star rating instead of five was due to the colors on the site vs the actual item. The item is as described, however, the colors are MUCH more muted that even the other reviewers stated; in my opinion. That's not to say the rug isn't BEAUTFUL (because it is!) but I was hoping for a bit more pop in the colors. The red/ rust color is more brown red than rust. I plan to keep it but I felt others interested might want to know that color can differ greatly and to be prepared in case it's an issue for them, it was for me. It's something I can work with.
The rug arrived when promised, and truly is as nice as the real thing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Soft tight weave with good pile.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely accurate, better than I had hoped for this price
This rug looks great in my bedroom. It does shed a bit, but it has a nice thickness to it, and it feels good on the feet. Overall, a pretty good rug for the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close
This rug is pretty - a little more gold than it looked to me online. Also the 'red' is more of a coral. Nice thick pile. But it SHEDS LIKE MAD! Running the vacuum over it for just a couple minutes fills up about half of my dyson canister! Hopefully it will stop. I bought it because my black one showed every little thing. This is definitely not going to show. Hopefully the shedding will improve over time. When my black dog rolls on it, she gets up COVERED in wool lint.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close, a little more gold than shows online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very close
Unbelievable rug, the colors are muted and subtle like it shows in the picture so you can use it in any room. It has a nice backing and so far not very bad at all with it shedding. It laid flat when i opened it up and it's nice and plush. Great deal for this gorgeous wool rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
We have these rugs in both living and dining along with runners in entry and down the hall. I cannot say enough good things about them. They still look brand new even after nearly two years and loads of family and friends!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I bought these rugs in June 2010 and they are more beautiful today than ever. There was shedding but with no lasting negatives. love them
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This rug is beautiful and i just ordered a second rug from overstock. It will actually replace this rug in my living room. This rug will now be moving to my dining room with less traffic due to its shedding. With hardwood floors it sheds like crazy and i've had it a few months now! You'd think it would be threadbare by now! It's a beautiful rug though, although in my home the brown/taupe appears more gray. Very soft and plush underfoot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was much more gray than brown in my home
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good qualify
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? eh...decent
This rug is absolutely beautiful. Worth far more than I paid for it. Great quality. The rug is fairly thick, a rug pad was not neccesary.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was as shown. The colors are a little bit more muted, which is perfect!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
I took a chance on this rug based on the reviews and am glad I did. It arrived quickly and is very high quality. The colors are very muted, neutral; beige, light gold, olive green, rust, tan and a sage green. I haven't noticed much shedding, just a little. The rug is thick and cozy. I just had a wood floor installed in our TV room, the room that gets the most use in the house, and was worried about removing the carpet. The rug fills the space great and still makes the room cozy. Love this rug and the price.