This was the first rug I have ordered from Overstock and I am VERY pleased. Shipping was really fast--like four days, and I ordered on an afternoon. Had been looking at similar ones at local stores and prices were 2x to 3x this amount. As I said, though, the color is definitely not charcoal. It's a great dark green that was perfect for our living room with its oak floors. Works well with our furniture which is sage and rust. We are using it without a rug pad although I may add one in the future (when our daughters run across it, it does move a little). Shedding is mild, and face it, wool rugs shed. Also, for anyone anxious about the pattern--it's not too busy at all, and doesn't "dominate" the space. I highly recommend it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Definitely not charcoal. The dark areas are a dark green, kind of a forest green. Also has plenty of sage and gold and a little maroon-ish red.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great. Rug is heavy and lies flat. There is some shedding, yes, but not anything usual.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good except for the color.
This met my expectations beautifully! I loved the deep colors and soft feel. I was also pleased with the thickness of the rug. I like it so much that it is one of my favorite rugs in our home. As long as you realize that it has more green than grey, you won't regret getting this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The background is more dark green. Since I had read the other reviews, I expected it and was pleased!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Finest quality and looks much more expensive than it is!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfectly!
Bought this rug after purchasing another rug which was the wrong size. Make sure your measurements are correct! Followed the advice of other reviewers, knowing that it was more green than gray, it matches our living room perfectly. Had it 3 weeks and no shredding to date. Tightly knitted, we love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Doesn't match color on websit, more of a greenish background, but we love it
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good. I think it will last us at least 5-10 years
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
the rug is very good quality but the colors in the picture do not match the real rug. it appears more golden and "shiny" in the picture but in reality it is not I would definitely keep it because I cannot find anything similar in the stores with this price and it matches the rest of my decor well
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very different from what is shown on the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is excellent, rug is thick and nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not very accurate, appears more golden and "shiny" in the picture than in reality
I had previously ordered this rug in a smaller size and was very pleased with it. I decided I wanted to buy a larger size and have been watching it for a long time. Finally decided to order it and got it on sale, I also used by Club O rewards so the deal was even better. Add to that the Free Shipping and I think I got a fantastic deal on a wonderful product!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is not charcoal grey as it's name suggests, it is more of a green/brown. The colors are rich and vibrant.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This rug is thick and heavy, very substantial.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the color variance, the site description is accurate.
Many of the other reviews claimed this rug was dark green, not charcoal. I would have been ok with that but alas, maybe I'm color blind because it is sure charcoal and not dark green to me. In any event, it is lovely and my dining room looks so much better!
This is a replacement rug for a similar style and material. The color to me is more deeper green than charcoal green. It is beautiful, but not the color I expected (VERYdifferent... the picture looks more gold/rust/red, definitely GREEN! I was a little disappointed with the thickness. The info had the same as what I was replacing, yet when you stand on it, there isn't as much cushion. It is a well made rug. The colors are rich and pretty, just not a good description/picture! The price makes it a good value.
I am so thrilled with this rug--it has a deep luxurious pile and is so soft to walk on. The colors are deep and rich and it looks like we paid thousands of dollars for it. I am so pleased with it since we recently had terracotta colored cork flooring installed throughout the house and the terracotta color in the rug picks up the color of the floor so beautifully!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is not as shown in the on line photo--the colors are darker and much richer.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a gorgeous rug with deep, soft pile and beautiful rich colors--I am absolutely thrilled with it. I have it under my dining room table and it looks so beautiful. We had purchased a round rug a few years ago from Overstock which turned out to be in the same design pattern but different colors.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? There is no charcoal color in the rug but different shades of green, terracotta, and deep red. The photo showed it to be much brighter which it isn'e.
Looks like a $500-$800 purchase. So pleased, I hope everything that I purchase through this company is as perfect.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes, plus it has a beautiful shine
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I LOVE this area rug, it's absolutely gorgeous and the colors are spectacular and it's plush and thick and soft. All that being said, this rug sheds beyond what I would consider normal. I have had this rug now for well over 6 months now and it continues to shed at an incredible rate. I have to empty my vacuum twice just to vacuum this once and I have to sweep the floor daily because of the shedding. It has also clogged my un-cloggable vacuum cleaner AND I have to replace my air return filters every 3 weeks instead of every 3 months. It's wool, I expect a certain amount of shedding but it has not improved over time or with the number of vacuumings. I am now contemplating disposing of this beautiful rug and getting something else. It's not just that I got a bad rug, I also ordered a smaller version of this same rug for my entry way and have had the same issue. I have since rolled that one up and stuck it in the attic.