My spouse and I have always purchased our rugs in person and after this experience we unfortunately will have to stick to that. We were excited about the look and price of this rug and the description telling of golds, reds and greens seemed to match the picture online. Unfortunately upon receiving it the "reveal" was very disappointing as we looked at each other and said "blue?!?!" I'm not saying this is a bad rug, simply be cautious that the inner rectangle is dominantly a darker brown and the outer rectangle is clearly blue. The colors are not muted like in the picture. If that's what you want, you'll probably like this rug, unfortunately its not what we wanted. Lastly the shipping was incredibly fast so Overstock did a great job there.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture was very misleading. The description says "Displays stunning shades of gold, red and green", no mention of blue and it is dominant.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the make of the rug seems good and in line with more expensive rugs I have purchased.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the construction of the rug was accurate but the colors are just plain incorrect.
The colors were totally off from the picture. Did I say that already? The reds are not even red. The center is brown not tan. The border is missing one whole strip around it which throws everything off balance. The light teal in the picture is actually grey. I am completely disatisfied with this. I could handle some variations but this isn't close. The piles on the rug are good and tight and very thick. The quality is good. Too bad everything else is all wrong. I'm sending it back on Overstock's dime as it is not my fault that it is all wrong.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close. This is brown and not tan.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. That actual quality was good. Too bad the picture of it is wrong.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Colors and Border is not per the picture.
OK, so... I read the reviews before purchasing and knew that many felt the color was way different than the picture, and I, too, felt this way when I unrolled it. But when you zoom in and look closely at the detail of the rug, it's accurately photographed. This is a medium-brown rug (tan), and what O.co is calling Ivory, I would call a light cafe color. This rug is brown, brown, brown. And yes, there's unexpected blue, too, but I'm ok with that. In all, I think the quality is pretty average, maybe a step up from a piled Home Depot or Target area rug. If I had seen it in a store before purchasing, I probably wouldn't have bought it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? See review.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks more luxe in the pic than it really is.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty darn accurate.
They carpet has continued to fluff off and I have had it for a number of years. I would be cautious about buying a carpet again without seeing it first.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? average
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
If you are considering spending $800-$1200 on a **** rug...DON'T! I finally gave in and ordered this after all of the positive reviews. I am thrilled with this purchase, and would definitely rec. this to anyone. The colors are neutral, the pattern is current and stylish without being too trendy, and the thickness and luster are very nice! It looks BETTER than the **** rugs I have seen at my friends houses, and I paid a third of what they would have cost. The picture on my monitor made it look a little more tan/beige...but it came in lighter and more like a fawn beige...and the colors of sage, blue, red, gold are beautiful and tone of each blends perfectly with the overall color scheme. You could even get away without using a rug pad, its that thick... Absolutely better than I expected!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The colors of this rug are better than they appeared on line
- How is the quality of the product? excellent quality, minimal loose fibers, tight weave, very soft, pretty luster!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I ordered two different sizes. Both are good quality for the price. They did not shed at all. The only thing I would say is that they have a hint of green in the tan, for me that was not a problem, because it blends in with my colour scheme.
Great style and quality of a wool rug if you can get past a year of odor. This is the 2nd of these rugs I have purchased and the strong odor of the first rug is only started to fade. Frequent vacuuming and baking soda helps. If you have a garage or a space you can leave it for a week or two to air out that may help. Definitely worth it -a great investment piece.
I bought 2 of these and I gave 5 stars to the first one right after it arrived. It's been a couple of years now, and I've really changed my mind. The thing is STILL shedding. The colors are uneven, and I have to say I like the style more in photo than in person. It's "OK." Definitely not great.
I am very happy with my purchase. I love this rug. The colors are just what I expected and true to what you'll see on the website. It's thick & plush. It goes very well in my room. It was also a great value. The on,y negative was it had quite an odor when I took it out of the package. It went away after a bit. I'm sure it was the newness.
I ordered this rug for the living room and even though colors are subtle it provides a nice texture and looks good with my dark brown sofa. It is thick and soft underfoot. It had a smell and I had to air it outside. It lays flat and is very well finished underneath. Overall a great value for the price.
I am only keeping this because I am too lazy to return it and it was a good deal price wise. And I really need it - recently I had to get area rugs for all over the house because my senior German Shepherd has been unable to walk easily on the wood floors. I bought this carpet as a 20 foot runner for a hallway and I bought the matching one for my study. My issue is that it is very washed out looking, most tan and very very pale green with a few reddish accents. It might look nice though in a room painted a soft sage green. But in my room with frost walls, it is "pasty looking"
This rug is good quality, but much more subdued than in the picture. After reading reviews we were expecting a lot of blue, but our rug has no blue at all. There is a very muted greenish gray, but the rug is basically a mink brown hue and it blends in fine with our other rug and our furnishings. The greenish gray is barely distinguishable from the medium brown/tan. We are pleased with the rug, my husband more than I, but it is a keeper and I think we'll enjoy it. I wish it had a little more color to it but I guess understated is ok and better than too overbearing.
My husband and I were very happy with this rug. The design and colors are beautiful yet understated. It was the best money I spent on my home so far. I get tons on compliments.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality wool.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very