The rug is fairly attractive and at first appears thick and well-made. However, it has continuously pilled since we first received it, and our surrounding floor is always littered with fibers from the rug. A good quality rug will not do this, so you do get what you pay for in this case.
At last I found a rug to tie together all the colors of my living room!!! It is classy and pretty, but does not call too much attention to itself. I purchased two of these and am very happy with the quality of both.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I agree with others' reviews that there is much more blue in the rug than in the photo. I knew this beforehand from prior reviews, or I would have been upset about it. Photos should be re-shot.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful, thick wool, very nice to the touch, very thick pile, too.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine, except for omitting the blue. I might call this a "traditional" style rather than "transitional."
Rug arrived quickly and packages well. It did have a slight odor but I'm sure it would have disapated within a a few days. Rug was thick and very nice to the touch. I don't think I would have needed a pad underneath. The back is canvas so you might need something to keep it from slipping. Colors were nice, but not was I was expecting. The border looked like a light slate blue, the rest of the colors were very muted and had a vintage old world look. I think ligthing has a lot to do with it. My entry is a spice gold color and went well with the rest of the rug, but it made the blue stand out much more. The colors include a nice taupe-y tan color in the center with pops of rusty red a bit of gray and some muted gold, the blue was just not a color I was expecting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was off. I read all the reviews and took the chance. The rug was beautiful, the pop of rusty red was a nice touch
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wouls have cost much more at any other store, great value
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On site description was off, but you take a chance anytime you order online.
I was delighted with my recent purchase of a 5 x 8 tan/ivory rug from Overstock. It is a perfect fit for the space and everyone comments on how much it lightens the entrance hall. I had looked several places both online and locally and coulnd't find anything I liked for the price and thickness of this rug. I finally decided to order the rug. It is great. It sheds just a little (which is normal for a wool rug), no problem at all and I am enjoying it to the max. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a lovely, substantial rug that will show nicely for years with minimum care.
You always worry whether colors shown on computer are actually reflected versus the item in person. You want it to match the decor but it doesn't always work out that way. I can honestly say it did completely match. Rug is made in China and is a wonderful value. Despite being new, it does have to be vacuumed immediately to get out the loose wool fibers that remain from its manufacture. Pile is very thick and lush which belies it's cost. I can't invest big dollars because of the cats. And other than a rug dealer no one would know it is a closeout bargain.
I eyed this rug for many, many months. I read all of the reviews and the only thing that was holding me back was the difference in reviews in regards to the color. I was wanting a rug that was blue, taupe, cream and red and this rug seemed to meet my wants. So, I finally hit the purchase button in January 2014. The rug arrived very quickly and I was beyond excited. The rug I received was taupe, cream and red however, the blue I was expecting and hoping for was actually a greenish gray. So yes, I was very disappointed. I guess that is just the risk you take when ordering on-line. I kept the rug and love the subtle pattern. It does have a terrible chemical smell but that went away after about 4 days. It does shed heavily for several months and does get less and less every month.
This is a really beautiful rug. The colors are muted with a grayish taupe border and cream and soft blue. It has pops of cranberry in the center but the red is not too bright. I wish I had ordered a bigger size because it is so pretty. It is in my master bedroom and looks beautiful with my soft blue duvet, taupe walls, cream drapes and cranberry chair.
Beautiful colors, perfect size and so thick- this carpet will last years!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Bang on
I received the rug very quickly and it is beautiful. I would purchase another without hesitation.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The overall color was a little bit darker than the picture, maybe a little more brown/tan but still very close.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice, thick, appears well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate.
I bought two of these rugs, the 5X8 and the 9X12. They are close, but the 5X8 is lighter all around. If you're looking for something that actually looks antique, these do not, but the colors are beautiful and I really like the rugs. They are muted enough that they don't steal the show...I wanted them to protect my beautiful new wood floors, but not be too flashy. These are looking expensive and doing their job for a great price. They do shed though, I've had them about a month and I'm still sweeping nearly everyday, but I need a new vacuum (I don't trust it) so I'm not vacuuming them regularly which would probably help a lot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual product is more beige, tan & a very light blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good, heavy rug, lays well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good description, color a bit different
This rug was just what I was looking for. We have dark hardwood flooring and wanted something that would not take away from the wood. The majority of the rug is neutral colors, with just the right amount of red that adds to the uniqueness. The rug is great quality and when we first put it down, our son was rolling around on it with the dog because it felt so good.
This area rug looks great! Shipped quickly and looks just like it did on the site. I thought my screen may be a little off, as it looked more green than tan/ivory, but the rug is true to the green color. The detail and quality is wonderful. I am very happy with this purchase and will recommend to others!
The rug arrived in 2 days. I immediately set it up in my living room and it looks wonderful. The colors are just perfect for my decor. I have a French style antique sofa upholstered in Italian fabric with a burgundy stripe, patterns of gold and touches of green and pink. I also have pale yellow club chairs. The muted colors (taupe, sage, yellow, pale blue) of the rug with dashes of red coordinate perfectly. The rug is excellent quality with an even wool pile and no shedding so far, as mentioned by other reviewers. I had been looking for a rug at a reasonable price that would go just right in my living room and couldn't find it in NYC, at least not at a reasonable price. Overstock.com is amazing!
The quality of this rug is very good. The color is more of a sage, so if you need a tan rug, this may not be the rug for you. Still, I am happy with the quality and I do have sage color walls in the room I wanted it for, so it goes nicely with the decor.
This rug is even more beautiful in person. I looked at numerous rugs at much higher prices and I am sure than no one except a specialist could tell the difference between this rug and a very expensive one. The colors are muted earth tones except the splashes of red which are more blood red in color. The red really makes the rug complete and gives it something special in terms of making it pop a little bit. I was so happy with this one I came back later to buy the same rug in other sizes for other rooms in the house. Also the shipping was amazingly fast! I had it three days after ordering.
I love this rug even more in person than I had online. The colors looked a little darker on my monitor, but they are lovely all the same. The colors are more muted but they added just the right amount of red to bring it alive. The colors I would describe as being beige, cream, mushroom, muted greens and blues some goldish colors and of course he perfect red.