We got this on faith, as another rug we'd ordered last year had been really nice. It was a big purchase given that it was sight unseen, but we are all really pleased with it. It's BEAUTIFUL and very classy, rich, deep colors and wonderful feel. It's pulled our living room together in the best way!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very High Quality
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
The colors on this rug are muted, which is what we wanted. The red pops just enough to give it a bit of visual interest. The *problem* was that it was shipped folded, and maybe *stored* folded before shipping, so there are lumps in the middle, kind of like the rug is pushed up where the rug was folded. They're not noticeable from farther away, but easily noticeable when standing on the rug - the bubbled areas rest about 1" off the ground. I don't know whether it will come out eventually. I think not, but don't have the energy to roll it back up and try to ship it back. I'm sure they would take it back but like I said, too much effort and I'd guess it's an issue with all of the rugs this size (12 x 15). For the price I probably should send it back though! Due to the large size, it took about 3 weeks to arrive due to a weight issue between UPS and Overstock. I had the tracking number though so could keep an eye on the progress.
We bought this rug as our first Overstock.com purchase. It arrived yesterday in less than a week. Very professionally packaged and there was no shipping damage. We ordered 12x18 for our Living Room so it was very heavy (200 lbs) to carry into the house from where the delivery guy left it on our front porch. But then we had no problem opening and unrolling it. We read in other reviews that the colors are slightly off so we took a chance. Glad we did -- the colors match our room perfectly. the golds in the image are more taupe/brown while the blues in the image are more grey blue. There is really only faint gold tones. It is mostly a taupe shade. So far, no shedding, but it's only been one day.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Golds are really more taupe/brown; blues are really more grey blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far, no complaints
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good
We are happy with the carpet. It arrived astonishingly quickly, and was exactly as described. It is a couple inches smaller than the 15x12, which we had read in another review before we bought the carpet, and that was perfect for us, as we needed it to be that way. It's thick, soft, lies perfectly flat without any bumps, and has no imperfections or problems. It was a hundred dollars cheaper than one seller on **** and $200 cheaper than another seller on line. No one was close to Overstock.com's price, and with delivery essentially free ($2.95?), it's hard to beat. We had bought carpets before at *****, but Overstock.com beat their prices for the same carpet by 20%. It definitely is shedding a lot of fibers in the first month since we got it, but that is something we were warned about and we just have to vacuum the rug a couple times a week for a while I guess.
Nice quality rug for exceptional price. I"m giving 4 stars because the colors of the rug appear washed out. (one picture in the description was washed out and the close up was not, we had hoped the the rug would be closer in color to the close up picture but it was not.
For a rug this size of this quality, the price is amazing. I would say the colors are a bit softer in person than I saw on my computer with the exception of the red. The blue is slightly more grey-blue than the green-blue that it seemed to be. Overall the background color it is a bit more khaki-tan and less "gold" which makes the red accents really stand out. A really, really beautiful rug. The quality is excellent, we are very happy with its overall look and feel. It is thick and plush and very soft underfoot. It has really given our room a feeling of warmth and It looks like a much more expensive rug.
WOW! This rug just arrived and I couldn't wait to get it on my hardwood floor. It is beautiful, with colors as stated. The colors are rich and bring my room to life. I was afraid to order an expensive item, but would order again! Rug arrived in 5 days.
very nice rug. I bought it in 12 x 15 which is hard to find without costing you $$$$$. It's hard to tell from pic but the border is gray which looks nice. the rug has tan, green, gray, ivory and the red give it a little pop of color. love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? alittle more green in the rug then expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
I love this carpet. I was afraid to buy a rug without seeing it first, but I'm so glad I took the chance and got it. It feels very soft and comfortable and is perfect for our family room. One word of caution: we also bought a 12x15 pad from overstock to go under the carpet, and the pad is several inches larger than the carpet. I haven't measured, so I don't know if the carpet runs slightly small or the pad is slightly big, but it is a bit of a bummer to have to cut the pad. But that is my only caution: the carpet is great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Muted, slightly blue/grey on sides, the red accents are lovely
We have had this rug for over 1 year now. Vacuum the rug frequently and it sheds excessively onto our clothes, onto the floors, and each time we vacuum the rug we fill the Dyson canister with fibers. Even after a year, the shedding is still excessive. We have other high quality wool rugs, both tufted and knotted. Other tufted rugs typically shed for 3-6 months and then get gradually better. After a year, it should only shred trace amounts of fibers. This rug is tufted and, my opinion, they used an inferior adhesive that will release fibers forever throughout the life of the rug. Unfortunately, the warrantee/return period is shorter than the shedding period for even a high quality rug...so we had "faith" in Overstock that this rug would eventually slow down on the shedding. It still sheds Heavily, and we can no longer return it. We will likely throw it away or sell it at a garage sale this spring, and it's unlikely we will order the replacement from Overstock. I can't trust the quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice plush all wool rug. Sheds fibers after 1 year, would not buy again.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly accurate
The rug is great! I went to a rug store's 80% off sale and was told by the sales person that there was no way to get a wool rug this size for less than $10,000. I wish I could take him a photo of this rug. It is wool, and great quality. There is more blue/gray than indicated in the photo and reviews, but it is soft enough to give a warm/cool balance in the room. This is our second rug purchase on overstock, and I won't be going to another store. There is some initial shedding.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The photo and reviews indicate a warm overall tone. The actual rug had much more blue/gray than indicated.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality seems to be very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description wasn't very in depth, I wish there was more information about the colors.
Excellent quality rug, very thick. Just as described. Very good value for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a beautiful rug! Just what I was looking for. The colors are a little lighter than the photo, but the red really pops and the rug looks great! Fast shipping too, got it one week after I placed the order. I ordered the 12x15 rug and there were no problems or delays with the shipping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little lighter than described, but beautiful!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, very thick rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Great size for the price. Very thick and plush. I would reccomend this rug to anyone.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? excellent
- How is the quality of the product? excellrent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? excellent
The rug's colors were a bit off compared to the online photo. The colors are a bit lighter than expected, but it's still a good looking rug. As with other reviewers, the carpet sheds a lot. We've had the rug approximately two weeks and we're hoping it will stop shedding. It seems to be good quality none the less. Overall, for the size and quality, it's a great value.
This carpet was purchased to anchor a large open space/living area and it's perfect. It compliments my furniture with it's beautiful beige tones and just enough of the red, green and blue to provide interest, but not overwhelming on the rug. It has not shed much at all and it's very soft under my feet. This carpet was a great buy; I only wish I could find a runner to match. Thanks, Overstock. You are my "Go-To" internet site for everything.
This is the same rug I saw at a high end store in a smaller size at twice the price! I was so happy when I got the rug and saw that it was the same exact one I had been looking at but couldn't afford. The colors are slightly muted with the red being the strongest color, which is what I wanted.
This is a truly beautiful, elegant rug. I'm only a bit worried that with 3 kids and a dog it may get dirty as it's closer to a dark beige than a caramel/tan. We bought a runner as well because we liked it so much. Not much shedding at all and very thick. I also bought a pad and it's especially cozy ...our 6 yr. old likes to sleep on the rug becuz it's so comfortable. Wonderful...One exception it is 2" narrower and 3" shorter than described not 12' x 15'.