The photo shows it looking very antique and rich in colors. it is lighter and the shapes look like they sit on top of the light background rather than the image which looks like the "flowers" are truly part of the background. it looks more fake than the image which again shows the design integrated better. It is fine for the price, just don't expect it to look as rich and textural as the image shown.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not a good match to the website photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color is hard to describe
I ordered this rug on Saturday and it arrived today, Thursday, in perfect condition. Beautiful colors, but much lighter and muted than what I saw on my monitor. The big flowers have a peachy color whereas my monitor showed them a dark terra cotta/red. The leaves are a green/grey, the background is a warm ivory. The vines are olive green. It also has tones of gold/mustard throughout. It has a serious chemical smell right now, which I hope disappears quickly because the smell is giving me a headache. Other than that, I'm very happy with this rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's lighter than the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavy(100lbs!) thick pile. SERIOUS chemical smell that I hope disappears quickly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good...read it. It states clearly that the background is ivory.
I bought this rug in the beginning of July. Almost 5 months later, it still constantly sheds. I had read the reviews that it shed, but that it stopped after a couple vacuumings. I vacuum at least once a week, and often more than that, because the rug sheds so much it makes these little fur balls ALL OVER my house. It gets fibers on clothing that are very difficult to remove. My house constantly looks messy, and I am sick of cleaning it constantly. If the rug weren't so big (and I hadn't paid as much for it), I'd have just thrown it out a while ago. It's really a pity, because the rug is very attractive, and matches our decor very well. I am very disappointed in this rug.
I went back and forth with this and a couple of other rugs and settled on this one. The design is very William Morris and the colors are lovely--the background is ivory with some gold, the greens are a sage and some olive in the center, orange, and gold. Other reviews mentioned shedding, but it's been nearly a month and I haven't noticed any more than with any of my other wool rugs when they were new. Definitely get a pad for it; the rug itself is thick but a pad always feels better on the feet. The wool is relatively coarse but that means it will hold up well over time. If you're looking for a rug background like old parchment or an amber color, note that this rug is lighter than that. It's not an off-white ivory, but a dark cream with gold flecks. Be prepared for the weight of this - I bought the 9 x 12 and it's hard to handle alone. It was well packaged from the manufacturer, so I was able to get it up a flight of stairs by myself, but I needed help to unroll and spread it. Any packaging wrinkles flattened out within a day or two
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lighter than pictured--more ivory than gold.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality wool, nice backing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Rug is perfect in my arts and crafts dining room. Yes, there's a lot of shedding fuzz in the first few months, but it's dying down with regular vacuuming.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The rug is as pictured: Lovely. The only negative is the strong "new rug" smell which I expect from synthetics but not from wool. I don't know if it was the backing or if the wool was treated. The smell dissipated in two days. Made in China.
We originally bought the tan and ivory ancestry 8x10 rug with the red designs ...it was perfect with our couch and one chair but not large enough, ( should have bought the 9x12)...we will put ancestry 8x10 in dining room.When we saw THIS rug I just loved the pattern so much, realizing it was more historically correct for our house (built 1910) This rug is more like a " Morris" design and the colors seemed more like our walls..I took a slight chance as we have the red sofa but oh! what a gorgeous rug and now ALL of the furniture looks great, our gold chair pops now and the wall colors,soft green and gold, which were picked carefully by us , and textured by an artisan, just look beautiful! Even the hardwood floor looks better !It came yesterday...was heavily wrapped in three layers & folded over, not rolled, but the fold came right out..There was indeed an odor,powerful..like an insectiside but, all gone this morning!This rug really does look like MUCH more expensive rugs... Overstock.com is THE place to buy rugs!
I stressed out for a very long time about buying a rug online. Finally I pulled the trigger on this rug and one other from Overstock and I couldn't be happier. This rug is beautiful. It has a very slight smell that faded within 2 days. NO SHEDDING. The colors are beautiful. It is exactly 9 x 12. The pile is super dense and feels very, very nice under foot. The tan color is a little lighter than the photo shows - which turns out to be a good thing in my opinion. I can't believe how inexpensive it was. It arrived right to my door in 5 days. This rug is fantastic.
This rug is great looking and a heavy weight which feels plush underfoot. I bought it to replace a smaller rug that showed too much of the old pine floors in a room where the floors were darker in places. The rug which has a cream colored background (not the gold that shows on my screen) looks great against the wood floors and goes with earth tone furnishings. Arrived packaged well and laid flat in a day or two.
Really Happy with the rug. Wife loves it It sheds a bit too much though. Although that's expected from a new carpet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice heavy carpet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was spot on
This is a gorgeous rug at an phenomenal price. I would absolutely recommend this rug; I am completely satisfied with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
I love this rug. The quality is superb-dense pile and plush. I bought the premium rug pad to prolong the rug's life which adds to the luxury feel. The gold, yellow and green color scheme are muted-just as they look on-line. This is the second area rug I have bought from Overstock and I have been impressed by the delivery service both times---3 days for standard delivery!