The rug arrived in a timely manner (5 business days) and was even more beautiful then I expected. The colors are soft and there is natural shading on the outer border of the rug which doesn't show up on the photo. The rug is actually ivory, not beige and the reds are more orange/rust. I learned this from another review and since this was what I wanted, I found this most helpful. I would highly recommend this rug. It looks beautiful in my dining room with my mission-like furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug is actually lighter then it appears on the site. It is more ivory than beige and the "red" is more orange/rust.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug has soft colors and is of a high quality. Although the rug isn't as plush as I expected, it is well made and beautifully detailed.ected, it is
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? With the exceptions of the "red" comment I thought the description was very accurate. Actually, the other reviews were most helpful in choosing this rug.
Beautiful! I'm so happy with the 2 rugs I bought, for the best price I could find ANYWHERE! These rugs do shed, and yes, cats with claws will pull out little pieces, so, destructive cats could be a problem... The color of the 8 x 10 is light ivory, light sage, and muted pumpkin/terra cotta. Really makes the room look bigger, and exactly what I wanted and hoped it would be. Also got the matching 3 x 5, love that also. Delivery in 48 hrs or less and packaged very well. Thanks, Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a very well made rug. The colors do match the display onsite relatively well. My only advice would be that as you look at the rug on screen, the orange design seems more prominent, while as you see the rug on the floor, the green leaves in the rug seem to dominate the rug. I was drawn to the William Morris look of the rug pattern. In person the leaves become more pronounced and tend to dominate what you see when you look at the rug. Overall, I would say that it gives it a more 'cottage feel' than I could use in the room I wanted it for. I was looking for something a bit more masculine in appearance. HOWEVER, the rug is extremely well made, very plush, thick pile and the colors are beautiful. I purchased the rug, aware that it might not work in the room I wanted it for and knew that it would work in my formal living room, which also needed a new rug. For me, the rug does better in the room which has a less masculine influence. This is a very beautiful rug and we kept it and are using it because of that. I am very satisfied with the purchase as I have been with every purchase I've made from Overstock.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I would not have taken the leap and bought this rug without the input from reviewers. I was looking for some unique colors to tie together an unusual array of furniture and was concerned about how much gold/tan appeared in the picture. However, enough reviewers said the colors were muted for me to give it a try. The rug is very unique and unlike so much of what is being offered out there. The overall impact is interesting but subtle. The green leaves are not dominant. In fact there is nothing in the pattern that overwhelms visually. Yes, there is a fair amount of gold/tan, but the background color is much lighter, tending towards a cream color, which pulls it all together. I love this rug and am so grateful for all of those who took time to explain what it looks like once in use. This is my first review of ANYTHING on line and I am doing this because so many of you took time to do the same.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? somewhat
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I needed an Arts & Crafts Period rug for the dining room. As I built Craftsman period furniture, ie, Morris, MacKintosh, Green & Green, I wanted a period looking rug with mondern construction and materials. This rug is great designed in colors, style & pattern elements, and presents well in the craftsman period.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Almost exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate description
I was having a hard time finding an attractive rug in this size for under $1,000. Then I found this one and paid less that ***. And it was definitely worth it. It's really pretty, and warmed up my living room. The colors are subtle, so I may be getting some colorful accents to bring them out. I would definitely recommend this rug, not just because of the price, but because it's pretty and of decent quality.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
My 2nd rug from this site. Great price. Shipped in 6 days via UPS and I was able to track it online. Friends ask how I can pick a rug online -- just keep in mind that everything is a little brighter on a computer screen than in real life and you can do it. Slight "new rug" smell wore off within a few days and my 2 kitties from the shelter loved it right away (which is all that really matters). I highly recommend shopping on this site, especially for rugs.
I was leery to buy a rug without seeing it / touching it first, but reading all the positive reviews helped me take the leap. It is a beautiful, thick, well-made rug. It is burnt orange (as it appears in the picture) with green and gold.The only negative thing I can mention about it is that there are small, neutral-colored but thick strands of material that occassionally appear throughout the rug, poking up. I assume it has something to do with the construction. If you're super picky, this might bother you. I only notice them when I vaccuum.I will definitely buy another rug from this maker at Overstock's great prices.
Prior to buying this rug, I scoured many stores and sites trying to find area rugs.... I read all the reviews of this product and it seemed to be pretty good. It's handloomed and it's wool and the colours are stunning.... with my antique mahogany dining furniture, it is perfect. However, it sheds like crazy, something that all the reviews claimed it didn't. And, it's been on the floor for about 2 weeks now and many of the loops are coming loose. Not all-together thrilled with the quality, but I guess that's what you get when trying to get a discount price. For where we live and the cost of shipping up and back, we'll just put up with the shedding and hope that it survives the year.
Colors more tan than yellow in picture., and rust is more on the orangish side. Design is perfect for a 1927 townhouse I just purchased. It is very comfortable to sit on. Also the light colors brighten up the room, which in the northwest is important. I love just looking at it. it makes the room and sets the tone for the townhouse.
We are very pleased with this rug. The buying/delivery process was efficient and professional, and we think Overstock does a great job in Delivering the goods! When ordering online, it is a bit risky, but the rug was described accurately, and the colors true to the picture. For The price, you cannot go wrong with this rug which lives in our great room and completes the cozy feeling we desired. We have had No problems with piling. This won't be the last rug we buy from Overstock.
The rug arrived in 2 days and is just beautiful. the colors were not muted at all and the design really stands out ( in a good way). The background color is lighter than in the picture, a light beige or oatmeal color but it really is a gorgeous rug. My only complaint, and it's not enough for me to return it, is that there are some small black dots and one very light black streak on the rug. I guess this is why the cost is so much less than on other sites and honestly they aren't really noticeable unless you are looking for them. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and wouldn't hesitate to buy from Overstock again.
This is by far the nicest area rug we've found and we have been searching for a very long time. The pattern and the muted colors are beautiful and sophisticated. The pile is plush and dense. It totally transforms our living room. Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color is slightly lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautifully made, high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I'm glad I ordered it and recommend it. The delivery truck guy carried it up two flights of stairs and laid it on the front porch of my condo. All I had to do was bring/slide it in, undo the plastic casing, and unroll. From a woman's standpoint, it is very heavy and it would be helpful for someone to assist you in moving it to the final location.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color to me appears to be a light taupe vs. a cream color. Depending on the lighting in the room, it could look darker. With bright daylight coming in, it does look like a light taupe. The rug is very beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very high. Rug is a nice thickness, not thin
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate except the colors seem lighter, but could be darker in room with less natural lighting.
Love all my rugs from Overstock! Some initial odor and shedding, but rugs hold up very well to wear, and when accidents happen they are easy to clean. Spilled liquids sit on the surface and can be quickly blotted up. The price is great for the quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavy duty wool rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I'm very fussy about color and I find that a lot of these rug companies can't seem to get their neutrals right. If they did I think they could sell twice as many rugs. I've sampled many of them, and the neutrals are always that dirty dishwater look. However this rug is pretty in design so if the earth tones are what you want with a subtle look than this rug will be great for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close except the neutral is definitely NOT ivory but more of a dirty dishwater beige
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate