The rug came in several days and it is even more beautiful than I hoped. Other reviewers had described the true color well, which is much lighter than the image-the rug has more of an ivory/light beige background with almost pastel detailing, perfect to lighten up a room. The arts and crafts style pattern is a nice change form the dark and serious oriental we have had for years. Great price, great service, and a high quality item from a major carpet brand.
I shopped around for months until I found the rug at an exceptionally good price. The rug arrived within 5 days or ordering, and it looks & feels marvelous. Plush and heavy. The colors -- golds, rusts, and sage green -- are true to their appearance online. I usually go for more conventional geometric prints, but I liked the Arts and Crafts design of this one. It is not a run-of-the-mill rug. Very pleased with this purchase!
I like the look of the rug very much. It seems less golden and more muted to me in person, but it's versatile and really warmed up the living room of our Colorado farmhouse. The pile is nice - we end up sitting or lying on it quite a bit. My only complaint is that its strong smell hasn't dissipated much over the last few weeks. I expected it to linger somewhat, but it sort of hits me every time I walk in the house. Just hoping it will fade.
This rug is lovely; the rust, gold and persimmon colors are rich and yet subtle. I have an American foursquare home built in 1909, with lots of Arts and Crafts influences in its style, and the rug complements the house well. The rug is shedding moderately; I am trying to vacuum it daily to get all the loose fibers out. While I love the look of it, the rug is a little less plush than I would have preferred (it's got a very low pile and the number of knots per square inch doesn't appear really high), and the wool isn't as soft as some other rugs I've purchased from overstock.com. For the price, though, it's hard to be too critical. As usual, though, overstock's delivery was remarkably speedy and the rug arrived in perfect condition.
Although the rug's color is more toward the tans / beiges, and not ivory, the colors are very nuetral and the style fits wonderfully in my vintage Spanish bungalow home. This is a great rug for an arts & crafts period home as well. The pile is thick and it does shed a bit in the beginning, but it is comfortable to stand on. I only wish I had purchased the larger size!
This rug sits under our dining room table and is a very attractive addition. The quality is excellent. The colors are very attractive and add a very warm yet elegant statement to our home. I have had oriental rugs previously that were purchased in Hong Kong and this particular rug is of the same quality. The very tight wool weaving gives it a lush feel. O.com delivered on its usual excellent customer service in terms of communicating on the delievery status of the order and as stated above, it was wrapped in excellent shape and when unrolled, it laid down as if it had never been rolled. This is a clear sign of good quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar -- the colors are very warm and subtle
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent: the rug was excellently packaged and rolled out perfectly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was very accurate. The sizing was exact and the wool piling was as stated.
Given the price, I was a little concerned about the quality and heartiness of the rug. However, when it arrived, it surpassed my expectations! The rug's colors are not to vibrant, not too muted and will be the perfect finishing piece to complement the beige walls and sage green couch in my great room. I'm very happy with my purchase.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I'm very happy with this purchase. I needed a rug for my guest room that would pull together some disparate decorating and the rug was perfect. Great value for the money! I'm now back on Overstock, looking for more rugs for that room and others.
Thick, very well-made, very pretty, and so heavy it doesn't even need a pad to stay in place (but we like the rug so much we want it to last... thus, added a pad!) My only complaint is that the rug arrived with a small stain (looks like ink) in the middle of it.
The rug is nice and thick, the design is beautiful and the colors are just slightly lighter than they appeared in the product photos. This rug looks great in my space which includes hardwood floors and antique and modern/rustic hardwood furniture. The rug ties everything together and gives the room a warm and cozy feel. I love the ancestral tree pattern - it is decorative and historic without overpowering the room or feeling like the same old 'oriental' rugs that are everywhere. I am very pleased with this purchase!
I loved the art nouveau style but the quality of this rug sucks! The individual threads started coming up with vacuuming, and I could easily pull them out. The surface now looks uneven and I haven't had this rug for 2 months! Avoid buying cheap rugs from China.
This is our second order from OS....We had ordered another rug from them recently . Both were from the same manufacturer. Rug quality was very good ( both orders) and the price was very competitive. Color match was very good and customer reviews were very helpful.
This rug is a real addition to our home, bright and durable, it would look good in any room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the rug was almost exactly as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This an excellent quality rug wth a tight weave.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
we like the rug very much and use it in our casual dining room, initially there was some shedding of the fabrics, but after several vacuums it has stopped
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The rug was nice for the price, but not the right size. This was an unfortunate mistake, which costs $$ in shipping fees to return.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looked more gold on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Wish it were a little warmer in color, but I like it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual color is much less warm and much more cool biege in color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be good quality so far. Only had it a couple weeks.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate and true to size.