I have a calibrated monitor for my photography and I'm comparing the rug to the photo on overstock right now. I think the colors on the overstock photo are a little richer than the actual rug. The greens in the photo are deeper than the actual rug. The rose color is lighter on the rug than the overstock photo.. The outside edge where it looks ecru is actually more of a lighter cream. That is my only concern that that portion of the rug will get dirty quickly. The thickness is right on as descried. It is heavy and tight and plush. I did the "smile test" and I can not see the bottom of the rug through the strands. I'd call this medium thickness, comparing to rugs I have that are thicker and thinner. None of the pieces had come out in the last 3 weeks I'd owned this and vacuumed it twice. I think it will last quite a wihle. It's under a dining room table, which is hardly used. I'd probably be really excited about this rug, but it's replacing an old rug that was my favorite rug, but a cat and kidney disease didn't treat it well and the rug needed to go! The price is excellent. I looked at the Great Indoors, TJ Maxx home store, Lowes and this is a fabulous deal compared to rugs you can find thre. And as someone mentioned on this rug, but in the bigger size, it's a great deal compared to the exact rug sold elsewhere for 4x more money. Looks good in a Arts and Crafts house, mountain home, or if you have no particular style.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close colors to monitor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I purchased this rug 7 mos ago. I was very hesitant due to it being my first purchase on Overstock and knew the rug would be expensive to return. I love this rug! It arrived a my door (literally) in less than a week. It was well packaged and in perfect condition. The rug is a medium thickness, well woven and is perfect in my living room. The colors are very interesting - the "brown" part is a variation in brown tones and is not a solid color. It adds a lot of dimension to the rug and my yellow lab's fur doesn't show on it. The rust is more of a terra cotta color and the green is a sage tone, both are muted and lovely. The ivory part is true to color and hasn't discolored or look dirty after 7 months of dogs, cats and 3 grandsons under 5. There was some shedding for the first week and a few threads show irregularity, but not enough to detract. I receive a lot of compliments on the rug - in fact my daughter-in-law is looking forward to inheriting it, hopefully in the very distant future! Overstock you hit a home run with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, great buy for the $$
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I have had the rug laid for a couple of weeks and the odor is still very strong . It's getting better but certainly taking its time. In general the rug is OK, but the pattern is too strong for the furniture I have and the colors are different from my screen. The brown is darker and striated, which isn't obvious from the picture. The ivory color is is pretty and I like the green leaves. I was surprised to find there coral in the flower centers. I should have chosen a more muted color. My bad. The rug is definitely thick and cozy, and shedding has not been an issue, likely because of an enormous amount of glue holding the rug to the backing,, and which is what stinks to high heaven! Amusingly, when I contacted Overstock about the smell, emailing and talking with a few different people over a few days, they ended up sending me a link to a Wikipedia article about how to deal with strong carper odors. But I like Overstock and although I would not recommend this rug, I do still like them for their stock of inexpensive and decent products.
This is a beautiful rug. The colors were true to those displayed on my screen, and to the written descriptions. One review of this rug mentioned that the brown background has different shades of brown, giving an antique-ish look. Well, mine wasn't quite that charming. There were two shades of brown, but they create a kind of stripey look. If not for that, I would have given the style of the rug an Excellent rating. The pile is extremely thick and plush. The only caution is that "hand tufted" -- which this rug is -- is vastly different from "hand knotted" in terms of durability. If you have animals, especially cats, they easily (and happily) pull up clumps of tufts; I expect that there will soon be bald spots in the rug. On the other hand, I have had hand knotted rugs for years, and they have held up beautifully against cats' and dogs' claws. All of that said, this rug is well worth the price and I recommend it without reservation.
I can't begin to tell you how relieved I was when we unrolled this rug! It is just beautiful. But..I will say the colors on the pictures are very bright and the actual rug is more how rugs actually do look in person. I was concerned the colors would look too 'Poppy' due to the picture, but the colors are rich and yet muted...not faded like the awful fake antique look that is popular now. The colors don't have a prominent pink, which was a concern. It is most cocoa, lite salmon, deep beige, soft green...all colors easy to work with. We are very very pleased.
I love, Love, LOVE this rug. It arrived on time and in great condition. There was some odor when we first unrolled it but that dissapated in a couple of days. The rug colors are muted earth tones and just go perfectly with my new family room furniture...which is always a gamble when you get something online. The rug is still shedding but I just keep vacuuming and our Roomba does not have a problem moving from the hard floor to the rug. The only disconcerting issue is the few (and I said FEW) places where the yarn is sticking up.
We live in the mountains of western NC down a gravel road in a very small town, yet it only took 4 days to receive this fantastic rug. The colors are much, much softer than the image on the web site, but that is what makes this rug a real winner. Soft taupes, soft browns, soft greens and rusts, and to me the ivory is more of a neautral putty color, which is great for our all wood, log house. The rug does not overwhelm the room because the colors are not pverpowering. The design in the rug is very distinct. The lightest colors, ivory and putty, give it a real pop!. There is some drama in the rug's design, but it is not too busy. This is the best thing I have ever ordered from any site, ever. Good job, Overstock. I can't wait to order our next rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fairly accurate to color on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
I get a little hung up on browns and rusts. Sometimes color can be pretty hard to nail down. The colors are lovely and not too crazy. It arrived in the middle of a snowstorm here in MN and had to sit outside on the porch for several hours. It was so well wrapped that it didn't get wet or even damp. Nice job to Overstock! I appreciated that! It has fit well both in design, color and size in my living room and given it a very cozy feel which was what I was after. I get an Arts and Crafts feel from the rug which is perfect for my home! This is the 6th rug I've purchased from Overstock. I haven't been disappointed yet. We put laminate and tile flooring down throughout the house, so I've been a rug buying crazy, the last couple of years.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color compared well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug seems to be of good quality for the price (I've had it down for a day) it does have an odor that I'm hoping will leave soon. Not unbearable. Hasn't shed at all.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I think the site description fit.
This is a beautiful rug. The pattern is stunning, especially in the larger-size rug: while it's graphic and bold, it looks "soft," probably because of the color scheme. The colors are subdued but very rich; and while the overall color scheme is browns and golds, there are a few touches of light salmon (pink) and light green (caledon). The rug is quite thick and soft, but it does shed (a lot). While the shedding has diminished over time, it remains an issue.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? even better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The rug is thick and soft and is exactly what we were looking for for our guest bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect. I love the autumn theme of the pattern and the color. It looks beautiful with our oak flooring.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent. Thick and soft, the colors are rich and beautiful.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I have absolutely no complaints about this rug. It is beautiful and well made. The manufacturer's instructions on the underside of the rug say to use a brushless attachment when vacuuming, which is what I do. This is sufficient to keep the rug clean and even to get my dog's hair off the rug. I will continue to use the brushless attachment (which is what I use to clean my hardwood floors). I always figure the manufacturer knows best until proven otherwise.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
The rug works well in my dining area; the colors look great with my earth tones and oak furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? No surprises with the color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is as described
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site descriptionaccurage
I ordered this rug to coordinate with some rust colored elements in my dining room, but the rust in the rug turned out to be a pale pink instead, so I had to return the rug. I liked the pattern and the thick pile of the rug, though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The 'rust' in this rug is actually a pale pink, so I had to return the rug.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the rug was nice, as described.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accent color not accurate.
This is a lovely rich feeling thick piled carpet that fits perfectly with the decor of our dining room. We were a little alarmed when we first unpacked it & saw the pink accents, but once the rug was in place it looked absolutely beautiful. We have been looking for a rug for ages & this fits the bill perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was much less red than the image shown. We actually love the brown shade but the rust "accents" are actually more of a pink color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality & no visible shedding when we unpacked it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate but the colors in the photo a little misleading.
Fantastic value, great color, great texture, doesn't shed, a real find!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Even better in real life
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Absolutely excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good, but even better when I opened it up
I saaw this rug on a different web site and really liked it. Iwas going to oreder it from there, but I thought I eould look on Overstock, and was very happy I found it there. It was almost $200.00 less expensive. Shipping was free and came in about 5 days of my order. It looks great in my dinning room and I'm very happy with it. Also very happy to have saved $$$$$. Thanks Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not like the picture. The edges are lighter, but I had seen this rug elsewhere, so I was expecting it to be lighter.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good