It just got here, and is it ever stunning. Pile is thick, and smell is minimal. Really looks like a rug that cost in the thousands of dollars. As others have mentioned, the colors are lighter than in the picture. It looks closer in tone to the thumbnails below the picture when they're grayed out. The predominant color is a very nice medium-light dusty french blue. The border is a very lovely tannish yellowish cream. The mahogany-brick-terracotta accents are much less obvious than in the picture but make it all really sing together. Some of the accents are a more greenish-gray version of the blue, and there is a kind of watery weave pattern in the background blue. The subtle color differences make it into a remarkable piece.
I deliberated for quite some time on this one, but moved forward and am glad I did. This rug is a ****, from the Anatolia line number 547A - here's the link to this rug on their site: *****. I was expecting there to be some gold in the rug, which there is not. The border and interior of the rug are very neutral in taupe and slate grey hues; the rug looks very expensive. Well worth the money paid!
Bought this for a little used room because I expect the winters here to be pretty nippy after a few years in California. This will go very well with the furniture I'm using. I do like the size of it since it still allows a good portion of a pretty wood floor to show, but gives you that softness under foot and will muffle noise. The biggest gripe is that the rug looks artificially aged - there's striation in the colors which normally occurs with the older handmade rugs. Color of the main field was somewhat confusing in the description - title called it blue, but detailed description referred to the color of the main field as gray. It is decidedly blue with gray undertones. Maybe disappointment stems from my having wished it was more gray. I know I'm getting mighty picky here. Bottom line, it's a great rug at a great price but a close up of the rug - like a real close up - might have dissuaded me from it. I bought two and will definitely use one but still on the fence about the second - although considering how big and heavy this is, the return charges are very reasonable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Really, not all that great, and I looked at it from a dell, a mac and an ipad to see if color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thick, not the best grade of wool, weaving seems pretty good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair - need better picture and more detail
The photos of this rug on Overstock are not accurate. The base color of the rug is a warm, neutral ivory, with accents of blue, red, and brown. The base color is NOT a rich yellow like the photos (and many others) have suggested. This rug goes with just about everything and ties together the room beautifully! It looks sophisticated and is soft to the touch. I couldn't be happier with this purchase.
The rug is great, love the colors and the sytle - exactly what I wanted - but unfortunately, the rug was folded rather than rolled for delivery and so I now have unsightly marks on the rug. I am hoping that they will fade out with time - although it has been 4 weeks since I opened out the rug. Very disappointing that a quality rug would be so badly handled and as a result, I will not purchase any more rugs from Overstock.com. I will probably have to change this rug out sooner rather than later so I end up buying 2 rugs rather than 1 - where is the saving there??? Great product - badly handled by Overstock.com - what a shame.
We were amazed at the quality and feel of this rug. This was the first time we ever bought a carpet for the dining room through the internet. Based on the previous reviews we expected a very nice one but when we opened the wrapping we were amazed. I ordered it on Saturday 15 Feb and it arrived the following Thursday. It was neatly wrapped and arrived in first class condition. We are ecstatic and pass a big Thank you to Overstocked.com
This beautiful rug arrived in 2 days. I had not ordered anything this large or expensive on line before, so was pretty nervous. The rug is very pretty, and the colors perfect! There has been minimal shedding with "new" odor disappearing after a few days. Great buy.
I ordered this rug to replace the one in my main floor living space. We have dark hardwood floors & my previous rug was in a darker color palate. I was looking to update the room with lighter (but not too light!) colors. This rug fits the bill perfectly. I ordered the 9'6" x 13'6" size & it fits the room very well. We have an open floor plan with cathedral ceilings & I didn't want the rug to be swallowed by the room....especially being lighter in color. The richness & quality of this rug is amazing for the price. It looks like it cost 2-3 times the actual price. The rug is very thick & heavy & the colors are extraordinary. I was nervous to buy a rug online sight-unseen but I can attest the colors are very close to the online photo...but less yellow in the background with more contrast between the light & dark colors. It is even more beautiful in person. The palate is classic but not stuffy & the pattern is not too busy. It does shed a bit at first but with 100% wool that is expected. I am extremely pleased with this rug & the prompt (free!!!) delivery of such a large piece. The rug was delivered in perfect condition (folded but it has a cloth backing so no creases). I recommend this rug without hesitation. Thank you Overstock!
This is a lovely rug, with muted colors and a soft feel. However, shortly after I received the rug it started to "pill". I thought this was fairly normal for a wool rug, but when I tried to pick up the "pills", the yarns came out. It seems the yarns are separating from the backing. As it took me forever to find the right color of blue, I was really disappointed to find that the rug was simply not going to last. The rug is covered with loose yarns, which makes the rug look like it constantly needs to be vacuumed, but the pills don't come up with the vac and I don't want to pull the yarns out...it will have to be replaced.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is lovely and very similar to the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is beautiful and soft, but the yarns quickly began to separate from the backing. The rug looks like it is pilling, but if you try to pick up one of the "pills", the yarn comes out.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Amazing quality for the price. Make sure to reed the reviews. The colors are lighter and more neutral then on the picture. However the red is red not pink like one of the reviews states. The combination of wool and silk makes it very soft on the feet. Minimal sheding so far.
This rug is beautiful and well made. The colors are exactly what I thought they would be from the screen. There is no offensive odor - just a faint new rug smell - kind of like walking into a furniture store. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the motifs are - they aren't flowers or recognizable medallions - maybe ocean animals? I figure it will be a nice little conversation starter when people visit my Manhattan pied-a-terre where this rug will grace the living room floor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly what I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality - looks at least twice as expensive as what I paid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
This is a great buy. The rug is very rich and thick. The colors are darker than online but still within the correct color range. There is some odor but it is going away. There is minimal shedding. We are very pleased with the quality. ***
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very thick pile, colors are deep and rich, some odor but it goes away
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This rug is absolutely beautiful. The colors are muted blue and different tans. I was worried about the blue matching my decor, it matches beautifully. I would describe the color as muted blue leaning toward gray. We live on a lake and we are using muted blues and sand colors, this rug looks fantastic. I received a sample from P.B for another rug at twice the cost of this rug. The quality of the rug from P.B was the same quality as the one I purchased from Overstock. I have since ordered a runner and am thinking of ordering the same rug for the dining room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. beautiful, soft wool
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
Like the Big Lebowski says, "it really ties the room together" :-) I'm a picky shopper and I'm just so happy with this purchase, I highly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The gold color is a nice ivory, which we prefer
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great, other people's reviews were particularly helpful.
I ordered this rug based on other reviewers notes and I am very pleased with it. The size is right as stated, and this is a very high quality rug. Be aware, this is wool and it WILL shed fibers as it is "worn in." This should decrease after repeated vacuumings but having had wool rugs before, it does not bother me. Very plush, nice underfoot. Color is very close to what is described on website, I would say this is more of a dusty blue than any kind of brighter blue. It does have woven into the pattern silvery or grayish lines through the blue which make the patterns stand out more, but make the base blue color a bit more muted. Overall, I am happy with the pattern and the colors. It did arrive with a slight wool odor, which was gone within a day. It was very well packaged and arrived earlier than estimated. The border of tan, some gold, and the maroon allow this rug to go beautifully with almost any color popular today as well as an older color such as my old walnut rocker in dark maroon. It all ties together with our beige and tan chairs very well. This rug is on blonde hardwood floor, and as noted by another reviewer, it is a beautiful combination. This is a very good quality rug, with a full backing on it. I did put a rubber pad under it but it might not have needed it. I am glad my grandson loves it since I am sure it will last long enough for him to have it too! I have another similar wool rug for over 30 years, and after 2 cleanings during that time it is still like new. I would expect the same type of lifespan for this rug. With good spot cleaning I have only needed full cleaning of my other wool rug once every 15 years. I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it, so long as the buyer knows about the slight silvery lines through the blue. Very nice rug at a great price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close, but there are silver and gray lines through the pattern not visible in photos
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality, it will be passed on to our kids someday
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Size was perfectly accurate, description was good but close up would be helpful
I have had my rug for several week now and I love it. I was very apprehensive about making such a big purchase from pictures, as I needed two larger rugs and pads. The two rugs had to be different designs, but the colors had to compliment each other as they were going in two rooms separated by a three sided fireplace. After revisiting and reading the descriptions daily for several weeks, plus contacting Customer Service, I decided on two rugs. I could not be happier! This rugs descriptions were about as accurate as you can be when describing color. My rugs background was a little more blue gray then what I expected, but this was exactly what I was hoping for. I could tell that this rug is worth much more that I paid, as the pile is very thick and dense. Thanks to all of the reviews I was able to get a good picture of what I was purchasing. So if you are thinking of buying this rug you can trust those who took the time to write reviews.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Central background slightly more blue then shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, very dense pile
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
A beautiful rug..well worth the price. It is thick, and the colors are somewhat muted, but the background of indigo blue, and burndt orange really look good on blonde hardwoods, in my rustic living room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was a little bluer than the picture, but still beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a thick ,rich rug..looks like a more expensive rug. It did not hold an odor, which is what some others had suggested. It is great for rustic living rooms..love the blues, grays, burndt oranges
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The rug was delivered to my front door, nice. The color is actually predominatly blue which was a shock because that is the one color of rug that I did not want. I love the pattern. It is very unusual compared to most rugs. I wish the colors could of been more acurate though because it is determining everything that I buy for that room. It did have an odor for a few weeks. I ran a fan and it seems to be fine now. All in All I am happy with the rug but it is still hard for me to get used to the color.The Overstock picture shows it as a rich gold and steel grey. It really is a light blue and beige, tan with some rust notes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Badly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is fair but for the price you can't beat it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate. The color was the biggest shock. It is actually Blue not gold.