I bought this 8x10 rug to protect the wood floors in a study. I knew prior to ordering it that the primary color was not ivory--but when it came I found the primary color was not beige but more of a mustard gold with sage accents which really clashed with my furniture. It also had such a bad chemical smell that I returned it after two weeks. Overstock was great about returning it and I have no complaints from that standpoint. The rug itself was a good quality and I regret having to send it back.
I have had my eye on this rug for quite some time. I was a little fearful because the photos have a slight peachy overtone on the carpet. I was pleasantly surprised with the coloring, it is perfect in our family room. I would say the background has a beige to taupe tone the red is more of a brick red tone, than bright red. The value is exceptional, I could not get this any where else at this price. It does shed a bit, I am hoping it goes away, when the kids are on the floor, they come up with fibers on their clothing.
This rug is gorgeous! It is truly a gray, beige. There are tones of a dark tan, a teal green and definitely not rust, but a darker and lighter burgandy! Just received today and am more than pleased! It's going to shed, I am sure, as I have another Safavieh rug in my family room. This rug is under my dining room table, so will not get the traffic as my other. Get over the shedding!! It's a great buy and beautiful!!!!
Reading all of the reviews while shopping for a rug really helped me so I have decided to give back. The main color of this rug is what I would call a medium beige. It has some pale green, red and ivory in it. It looks like a very expensive rug and I am thoroughly impressed. Not to mention Overstocks great customer service. The model # for this rug is Anatolia 516B. Recommended product A++++.
I wonder why they call it ivory when it is clearly light greyish or beige. There is no ivory in it whatsoever, not even close to it. It still worked with my home so I like it. It sheds a lot but is holding up great so far. I do not need a pad underneath, it's very heavy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? there is no ivory in it at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very misleading by calling it ivory
I was hoping for a light colored rug with reds, greens and golds. What I received was a dull taupe colored rug with a greyish background in the center. The upside is that the rug has lovely variations of red, green and gold. The pattern, however, is not distinct like much higher priced rugs. I actually think I can make the rug work with my red/green/gold paisley upholstery, so I'm keeping it despite the rather muddy background color and pattern.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture shows a much brighter, lighter rug. There is no ivory in the rug. If you are looking for a taupe, or greyish taupe background, this is your rug.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? There is no mention of the fact that the background in the center of the rug is streaked, not solid like in the picture. And, of course, there is no ivory.
I have had my rug for about a month now. I would agree with the other reviews - the rug does shed a lot. I still vacuum frequently, but I have this rug in my basement over wall to wall carpet (so you don't see the shedding as much). I think the shedding would be pretty noticeable if this rug was on hardwood. I do like the colors a lot - it's an attractive rug and worth the price for my purposes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual rug is a shade darker than pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I should have listed to the reviews - this rug definitely sheds and keeps on shedding despite months of vacumming.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average - Rug sheds
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I ordered this rug for my living room and I love it. The pile is nice and thick and the entire rug is well made. The beige background isn't quite as light as the picture shown but it's still very pretty. Overall a great purchase and you can't beat the price.
I ordered this rug over the weekend and it was delivered that Wednesday, which is almost unbelievably fast. The pattern is exactly as it appears on the web site and the rug is thick and soft on bare feet. My only disappointment is that the background color has a definite grayish-green tint. If you look at the web site picture you can see a beige color surrounding the large flowers and I thought the background on the rest of the carpet appeared to be a slightly darker version of this beige, but it's really a different tone. I've gotten used to the grayish-green hue and to me it's not bothersome enough to warrant sending the carpet back, but if I had seen it in a store I might not have bought it. As with all new wool rugs it does shed, but vacuuming every few days took care of that.