This rug has more yellow in it than ivory, with accents of sage throughout---the picture doesn't seem to portray this, at least not on my monitor. I also ordered the largest in this series, and the colors are not quite the same. I like the 9X12 more, as the color is softer and more muted. The smaller one seems darker. The carpet is of excellent quality, and the color works well in the room I chose. I actually bought the carpets first, then chose my paint to match. I just think buyers should be aware the color being portrayed online is not exactly what the carpet really looks like, especially if you are already all decorated, and just adding this after the fact.
A beautiful thick wool rug..nice quality...note there is no ivory to this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all..there is no ivory to this rug ..it is a light brown at best....lots of sage and rust..beautiful though.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellenet quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not very..there is absolutely no ivory to the rug..it is brown and sage
This is a Safavieh Rub in the Anatolia line. I recently purchase the AN516A (sage green) from a different company and am returning it due to a musty odor. This is not normal and has no bearing on my review for this rug. I just want to make note who the manufacturer is and which collection because it will help you to learn more about the actual rug origin, manufacturer of rug, and actual color. Safavieh has good photos on their site to help you out. Overall, a nice, thick, firm rug. As for shedding...all wool rugs shed, and with regular vacuuming this will eventually stop and you'll be left with a nice, nearly waterproof and flameproof rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I bought this rug and a 2 x 8 rug for the same room. They are not exactly the same colors or pattern which is what I expected. They are okay in the room but the 2 x 8 has more muted colors and a less distinct pattern than the 4 x 6. I decided the differences were not a big problem and am keeping both rugs but they are noticable from across the room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality wool and pattern on this rug was nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
I ordered a 4x6 and a runner for our front entry. The rugs are thick and high-quality, but the colors are not quite as pictured. The border is not really gold and the color overall is a bit darker than pictured, more of a beige rather than ivory. But, we have yellow dogs and small boys, and these rugs are perfect for us! I'd worried that the background might be too light for the foyer, but I'm very happy. The overall effect of beige, red and sage green is soft and quite beautiful. I would not hesitate to recommend, as long as the light ivory color is not expected.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Sort of
- How is the quality of the product? Top Notch
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
We just put down dark wood floor in our bedroom and I was looking for area rugs that would protect and compliment our floors. These show off the floor and offer a soft pattern that picks up other colors in our room. We purchased the 4x6, 3x5, 2x10 and 2x3. Well work the money. Overstock delivered them promptly.