Rug was purchased 1 year ago. It came very plush and soft. Good color. However, after a year, I noticed that the rug does not stand the test of time. The plush feeling of the rug disappeared after only a couple of months and got worse and worse over time. Now, the rug is hard and is not soft at all. The area under my couch is so soft, but everywhere else is horrible! Do NOT buy this rug on Overstock, as they do not stand behind their product. There is NO warranty on this item either so good luck if you have any issues.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This rug is beautiful - I was nervous buying a rug online without getting to touch it - but I'm so glad I took the leap of faith. The color is a great ivory shade which really brightens up a room. It is a "shag" rug and then the rectangle pattern is created with a small loop of the same yarns. It is very soft for playing on the floor with the kids. It also vacuums very well with no snags or anything so far (only had it about a month). I will say getting out stains (hello mashed sweet potatoes) is a bit challenging due to the light color and the shag/loop texture, but with an expert combination of resolve, shout and oxy clean, I somehow managed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is spot-on - a very light ivory - not yellow and not white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is great, especially for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
What a lovely rug, especially in a bedroom. I have hardwood floors throughout my home, and this rug looks dynamite, better even than my waaay more expensive wool orientals. I live in the deep South, and our bedroom needed lightening up for the summer. Ordered the 8 x 10. Actual size of my rug is 7'11" x 10'1". Color is a light cream or off white. No yellow in this rug, but if you place in a room with yellow walls and a yellow bedspread, of course it will take on a hint of yellow. The geometric pattern helped me place it perfectly under our queen bed. The shag is dense and soft. Looking at the back, the rug obviously was woven with great care. My rug was made in Turkey. There were 2 tiny tufts of pile that had black threads in them from the weaving machine, but I just zapped them off with scissors as the care instructions indicate. Very complete care label attached to back of rug. This is not the 1960's-70's shag carpet of my days as a young wife. This shag is a short dense twisted shag pile. My anxiety was soaring when I ordered this rug because I thought buying an area rug online was totally nuts. Can't see the color; can't feel the quality; hard to return if you don't like it. Wrong! Don't doubt yourself on this one--order any size you can use. Safavieh is now my go-to brand for rugs, and Overstock is the place. Fast free shipping and just the nicest people to deal with. Can you tell I love this rug? (hint.....expecting a new baby or grandbaby? This rug would be amazing in a nursery! I would not place it in a family living area if you have 19 kids and a bunch of pets. And remember to remove your shoes in the house--saves your rugs and your floors.)
One review on here says that the color of the rug was yellow. This is not the case at all. Ivory is the perfect way to describe the color. There is no yellow in the rug so don't let that review turn you off -- it almost did me!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a spot on match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellet.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
Rug is good for the price you pay. It is thick and fluffy but does not feel like any wool rug. it is definitely polypropylene! cream is quite yellowish.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? cream color is more yellow than expected. That means it is a tricky fit with a cool color palette. Goes better with warm tones in the room.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is good for the price paid. I needed something that does not shed and it is perfect for that. But my next rug will be wool again.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The stripes were much much much bigger and bolder than i expected. Picture with little bowl was misleading me a bit.
I am so glad I listened to the other reviewers on this rug. I am a very discriminating buyer and wanted a gorgeous off white rug for my home office without spending a fortune. I have a couple of very expensive hand tied rugs in my home and feel that this one fits right in. The quality is excellent, no shedding, great quality backing and just a beautiful rug! The style is perfect for my transitional office. I will probably get a couple more of these for some extra guest rooms. I could not be happier with this product!! You will love it and I highly recommend it.
This is the second rug from this maker that I have bought because of the quality. The first smaller one wears well and retains the beauty it came with. That's why I brought another larger one for another room. Do understand because of it's thickness it requires a bit more strength to push the vacuum over it. That said I love this brand and style.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very nice cream color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Thick, heavy well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is spot on.
i love this rug. i was unsure at first bc the picture does not show a lot of detail. but, the color displayed is pretty much dead on. it feels great to walk on. it has not shed at all and i've had it for about a month now. great buy and great price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? there should be a better picture
This rug looks great in my daughter's nursery. It does have a bit of a chemical smell when you first open it. It has taken a couple days for that to go away, but it's super affordable and looks great. It also feels soft and nice on our bare feet or when we are sitting down to play. I got the 8 x 10 size to protect the carpet in her nursery and I'm very happy with it. So far, no shedding...but it's only been about a week.
The first 8 x 10 was so gorgeous and stood the test of use...so we ordered a second one for our dining room. Have dog and cat that shed, easy vacuum. Cleans easily and nicely. LOVE. We feel like grown ups with ivory carpet but live like ourselves because of the durability of carpet.
Bought this for our master bedroom to put under our queen size bed and to protect the brand new hardwood floors. The cream color is perfect and goes well with all the decor. The rug is soft under our feet and feels like a much more expensive rug than what we paid.