Its thin, its crooked on the edges, it gathers and wrinkles and there is no way to straighten it out. I have moved and removed furniture to smooth this bad boy out to no avail. It sits on top of carpet in LR too. I would NOT recommend this rug. nope. Also, its like mostly tan with weird silver strands running through it. Not gray at all. Just a terrible purchase on my part. I have kept it a while and now am dying to get rid of it.
Unfortunately I had to return this rug. The pattern was irregular and it had many snags with the underlying black tread sticking out. Who knows, perhaps I got a lemon. In any case, Overstock customer service was outstanding. I called as soon as I received the rug and they arranged for return and the pick-up the very next day. I selected a different rug from the extensive Overstock collection and will likely go to Overstock.com in the future.
This was an unbelivable deal. I work for a company that sells this rug. The price I paid was hundreds less than my discount and less than my company cost. I assumed it would be second quality. If it is, the flaws are so minor, only a rug expert could find it. This was a fantastic deal on a great rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I guess I shouldn't have expected better for this price, but while it looked nice when I took it out of packaging, I soon realized the threads were coming up in some places and now it really looks terrible. There are snags and pulls everywhere and i do not have pets or any very hard wear on the rug. Would not buy it again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not great
In the picture the thread detail looks as if it is a silver/gray color when it is not. It is actually off-white thread and black thread combined which from far away gives the appearance of a gray/silver color. I placed the rug in my living room vacuumed it twice and all the thread from the thread detail started coming out. At first I thought it was normal because the rug was new so I got scissors and trimmed the excess thread but a few days later I vacuumed again and the same thing happen. Looking at the rug from an angle you can see all the threads. I decided not to trim the threads anymore and return it. I do not have any pets and the rug was already being damaged from just the vacuum I cant imagine in 6 months. Called overstock and explained my problem and the customer service was excellent.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly except the thread detail
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I was pleasantly surprised by this rug. It has great texture and subtle pattern. I liked the rug so much I ordered a second to use in the same room. The second rug I received was completely different in color and pattern and was shredded/unraveled on the end (too messed up to even use). I'm hoping I can get a new one and the pattern and color will match the first one I received.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This rug is gray/platinum/beige with a black thread going through it
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat
Overall I am pleased with my purchase. The color is slightly different than those shown, but it is definitely grey. The pattern is subtle and now that I am use to it I dont really notice it. The quality is good, but I would not recommend this for pet owners. I have a large dog and her claws seem to catch in the weave. The result is a couple of locations with snags. Also beware the description shown on overstock does not match. The rug is NOT wool; instead it is a cotton/poly blend (according to the tag on its backside). I like the texture though and decided not to return it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The colors are slightly different than those shown here, but the rug is definitely grey.
- How is the quality of the product? Its quality is good. The weave however is not ideal for pets. I have a large dog and its claws have snag the rugs in spots.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? The description is completely wrong. It isn't wool, instead a cotton/poly blend.
I bought this rug for both my dining and living room in 2 different sizes. The 8x11 is a great size for bigger room. First of all the rug is beautiful by a well know rug maker. The colour is a warm gray with ivory and black shiny threads creating the diamond pattern, which is very subtle and shimmers. The rug could be dressed up or down and is very versatile. One note however, the rug is a cotton/poly mix, not wool as the website describes.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? no, rug is cotton not wool and has black accents with the ivory