The pictures of this rug really don't do it justice. In person the metallic ivory stitcting is accented with black threads as well that run throughout the pattern on the rug which gives it depth, tones down the ivory, and makes it look much more sophisticated. The Ivory almost looks like very pale gold because of the slight shimmer that the threads have. The only bad thing is in the description, on here Overstock is stays that this is a wool rug with polyester threads, when it reality the manufacturers label on the bottom of the rug says it's cotton with poly threads. The manufacturer of this rug is Fafavieh which is a pretty high end manufacturer so to get this rug at this price is a true steal.
Very high quality rug, truly a steal for this price. Looks modern and sophisticated in person. It's a Safavieh rug, and the quality really shows. Don't be fooled by the fiber content: this cotton and poly blend rug is worth much more than a cheaply made, shedding and pilling wool rug. I am so pleased I am ordering another from this line. I buy lot online, and this is one of the best purchases in this price range. Recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not wool - cotton and poly
See above..under quality of the product. Not happy with the uneven edges of the carpet but the two uneven sides do not show being under the bed. If I had known how uneven the edges are, I would not have purchased this item. Overstock should be selling this at a much greater reduced price considering the shoddy workmanship.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The material and color are great but, two of the edges are uneven and crooked. Fortunately two ends are positioned under a bed to hide this imperfection. The rug actually looks like a second that was pawned off on overstock.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate.
I ordered this rug with the hopes of a good area rug for my entry way. I read the other reviews and decided to take the risk sight unseen. I was not impressed by the quality or look of this rug. It is thin and looks cheap, in my opinion, like an indoor/outdoor rug. Also, not that much metallic threading throughout...oh well. My husband asked if it was the 'rug pad'...yikes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate, although not as metallic as hoped
Although I loved the color, texture and style of this rug, the quality was on the low side (which I figured based on the price) and it has worn out its welcome. About a year after using it under the kitchen table, it has lost its shape and leaves a white, powdery residue under the rug no matter how often it is vacuumed. If you want something short-term that looks good, then by all means give it a try!
Perfect color and design for me - I was looking for something subtle yet interesting. It has a nice rich look. The only "complaint" that I have is that some of the fibers/yarn in the weave are cut/torn (sort of like a snag in your favorite sweater) - otherwise I love the rug - I am thinking about getting another but the break in the weave is holding me back from ordering another.
I have this rug in my kitchen. It's a totally different color than I expected. I was picturing a gray-beige-taupe ish color, but it's quite blue. My kitchen walls are real with dark brown cabinets and it looks great. Comfy under foot, doesn't show dirt or tracks. Seems to be excellent quality. Worked out well for me.
The picture does not show how beautiful this rug is. The color and design are so subtle yet rich. A true color and design that can be used in a living room, bedroom, dining room or most any place you would like. Modern yet simple in design.
I cannot believe the difference between the actual rug you get and the pictures that are on Overstock's site. Totally misrepresents the product! There is a lot of BLACK woven into the rug. The 'Ivory' metallic looks to me more of a beige or very dark ivory. There is nothing subtle about the woven-in metallics, and it's not even tastefully done. The weave is not at all tight, way too loose if you plan to walk on it. What a mess. I was taught to never use the word 'hate', but I really want to discribe that is how I feel about this thing that Overstock describes as a rug! It should have been described it as a thick sweater blanket!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not AT ALL!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average, but if you have animals, I can see where the pulls will be a HUGE problem.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not at all.
This is a great quality rug. I was looking for a rug for my living room which was soft, comfy, and durable. This rug is that! With a 1 year old and a dog, this rug appears to be holding up very well to the everyday use. I would definitely recommend this product. There was more black in the design then I was expecting, but overall, I am satisfied with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of this rug was different but I am still satisfied. There was more black in the pattern then I was expecting.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I can tell this product is of great quailty.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I would say it was great, not excellent.
Well... I had high hopes, but I'm not crazy about this rug unfortunately. A few things: 1) The color - it is darker and more of a blue-gray than pictured. Unfortunately my sofa is also blue so it gives the room an overwhelmingly blue tint. I don't care about the metallics, but be aware that these are VERY subtle. Like more or a pearlescent sheen to a small percentage of the white/light fibers. Don't expect sparkles or an actual metallic look at all. 2) Durability - if you have pets, it snags fairly easily on claws as another reviewer noted. The snags don't stand out very much so this isn't an overwhelming issue but something to be aware of. Also, if you spill anything on the rug, it is very difficult to clean. We spilled some green tea, and tried to clean it up right away, but the stain is still there. I guess maybe because of the tight cord style of the fibers it's hard to get it out? Despite the darker color and more natural shades, stains are very visible, which is disappointing as I tend to slosh my tea and specifically thought this would hide spots well. Not so. At all. 3) The feel - the rug definitely has more of an indoor-outdoor rug feel as it has no pile and the fibers themselves are not particularly soft. I'm not shocked at this exactly, but after all of the raves of quality from other reviewers, I had hoped to be pleasantly surprised. It seems fairly nice, but nothing exceptional. We added a memory foam pad under and it seems OK, but without it was quite hard. I would say maybe better for an entryway or high-use space, but with the snagging and stain-prone nature, I'm not sure I'd recommend that either. Overall, I would have returned this if I didn't think it would have been a huge hassle. Luckily, I got a pretty good price with a sale and a coupon, but I'll keep looking for a new rug for my space and live, in the meantime, with my blue-gray, dark, stained, snagged and hard rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More blue, darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality, nothing special
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color off, metallic overemphasized in description