I really like this rug, it came in as described. It is a large rug at a good value. The only thing I would say to be aware of is this area rug is very stiff and sturdy. It takes some getting used to under bare feet. This isn't a problem for me, but little children definitely would find it a bit too scratchy to crawl around on. I have it in my studio, so this isn't a concern in my house. The color is on the dark brown side, if you want a softer rug and a lighter color, you might check out the jute rugs instead. I am very happy with this purchase and feel that I got a very good deal as I do know what these items sell for in the stores.
The product is great and gives a beach home feel to your home. The smell others talked about goes away in one or two days, in fact my family liked the smell. All people looking for a natural rug or a rug for the beach house should get this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Compared well, but not completely accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great and is worth the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I loved the rug when I got -- I was worried about the smell -- alot of the reviews I read said it smelled for a while when they put it down. I laid it outside for one afternoon and then put it in the house and it was fine. It is very summery and I was glad to change up the room. I've seen these types of rugs elsewhere and you can't beat Overstocks price and delivery time.
Was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this rug when it arrived. Very heavy backing keeps it in place without padding on hard wood floors. The natural fibers give it a rustic look and the smell goes away within a week (too bad because I liked it!). Very satisfied with this rug.
There were a few reviews about the trim color not being brown.. It is an almond colored brown. Not a dark chocolate. It works perfectly in my family room. Hopefully my dogs won't be attracted to it. Quality is excellent. The basketweave makes this rug look very rich looking. And there is a lining underneath. You dont need a rug pad
This is a nice rug, but it is a bit bigger than stated. Normally, that would be okay, but it was a close fit for a small room, so bunches up against the wall on one side. It did smell a bit for the first few weeks. But it's a natural rug, and I'd read other reviews, so that isn't a complaint. It dissipated after several weeks. We use it in an office suite and left the door to the hall open, so it would probably take a bit longer to disappear in a room that doesn't have as much air flow. I'd buy again, just would give myself some leeway on measurements.
What I loved most about this rug is that it rolled flat the minute I took it out of the packaging. It's a great natural fiber rug. It's comfortable to walk on--really good quality. I'm super pleased! Only thing worth noting is the border of the rug is much lighter than the picture represents. It's NOT a dark brown. Love this rug! Would absolutely recommend it!
I waited 6 weeks to write this review to be sure. And yes I am sure, I still LOVE this rug. I returned the first rug I ordered. I loved it too, but it frayed after a couple days and fell apart, but I had already given it a good review, so I wanted to wait on this one. First off, this rug is VERY rough. VERY. I mean when you walk on it, it's very rough on your bare feet but I still love it. With socks/slippers on it feels good. My son says like a foot massage. Although I think it the summer in bare feet every day it might be a little irritating. It's very thick too. Knobby, if you will. I never really smelled a strong odor like some said. A faint smell of "straw"maybe? But it's gone now anyway. I have 3 dogs and a cat. It seems to show no wear. It looks the same today as it did the day it came. The dogs run across it, roll on it. (I think they like the feel), grandkids, etc and it looks great and has no fraying at all. The trim around the edge like some have said is not chocolate brown but a much lighter brown. I was ok with that. It is a fairly stiff rug, with a backing on it so it is NOT reversible. And if you plan to use for a dining room, I don't think chairs would pull across it easily. But I just love it and it seems to be a very durable rug for someone who has dogs like me. That's very important to me. It doesn't really show dirt or wear. It truly is a great sisal rug and adds an earthy element to my "cottagey" looking living room. Wonderful price too!
Quality of the rug is much better than I expected. The woven pattern is very even and well detailed. The only negatives that you will notice are when you first open it, it stinks. The smell does go away quickly and is to be expected since the rug is made of natural fibers. Just be aware that you are going to want to give this some time to air out. It also sheds terribly when you first open it s expect some clean up when you are unwrapping it. My husband complained when it was first put down that it was "hard and scratchy" on his feet. He has come to rather enjoy it now.
The rug arrived within days of placing the order. The rug did have an odor, but it lasted only one day and was gone. It laid flat except for the edge that was at the inside of the roll. It's almost flat a few days later. The rug really finishes the room and I'm very happy with it. I purchased the 8 x 10 with the black border, not the brown, so I didn't have the issue with the color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a great rug, especially for the price. Comparable to something you would find at a local store. I love it, however I wouldn't recommend it for small children to crawl on. It is a bit rough, and scratchy, but if you wear socks it feels like a massage. The smell is wonderful, it smells like green tea and herbs. If you do not like the smell, it does fade after about a week.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The trim is a bit lighter. The Sisal itself has a sort of a green tinge to it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful. Heavy Duty and Thick
Very high quality Seagrass Rug that does not need a pad underneath. The brown border looked great and matched the darker wood in the room. We are very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, thick and lays flat
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
While this is a great value, the trim color of this rug IS NOT AS SHOWN. It is actually a milk chocolate color, not dark brown. If you don't want milk chocolate, do not waste your time ordering this rug. I thought other reviews that are similar to mine were for the light tan color option I saw during my ordering process, but I was wrong.
i bought the rug for our bedroom and it's a perfect fit. I like the smell of the seagrass when you first unroll the rug. It fades pretty quickly so if you're concerned about the smell don't be. I like the way it feels under foot. I'm very happy with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? no, the border is lighter than it shows in the photo but color differentials often happen between life and digital images
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made. I liked that the underside of the rug is cotton.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? except for the border color the description is perfect
I love the way this rug looks, but it's very uncomfortable to walk on and it has a very bad smell. I was hoping in time the smell would go away but I've had it a few months and it hasn't.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The edging is a lighter brown on the actual product, but it's still good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's very sturdy. I love the backing - it's soft and doesn't scratch my travertine tile.
This rug was almost perfect...but the color of the border is NOT brown! It is definitely a peachy-tan color. I'm disappointed because it really doesn't fit the reds and browns of the furniture in the room I bought it for. Other than the color of the border, I love the rug. It's thick and well-made. Well worth the price. I want to send it back to exchange it for another color, but don't know if I have any other options; plus I'm not convinced I'd trust the pictures and descriptions of another rug anyway.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug color was as shown, but the border was NOT the same. Instead of dark brown it's a peachy-tan border. I am very disappointed in the border color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good. Much thicker than I expected! I love the main part of the rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? All was accurate except the border color.
Great rug for the price. The border around the rug is much lighter and not a dark brown. The smell of the rug was not bad at all and was gone in a couple of days. Love the texture and the basket weave look. Overall very happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the brown border is much lighter than in picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This rug was perfect for my living room. Other reviews mention that the rug's border was a lighter brown but I found it to be more of a orange brown; so that was a little disappointing. The other reviews also mentioned a smell which is usual with Seagrass rugs but to me it smelled more like tea. So the smell really wasn't bad. Other than the border the rug was perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The border was more of a orange brown verses a dark brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality!
The rug is a hardy, chunky seagrass which looks wonderfully textural, BUT the border color is not dark brown. I'd say it's in the tan range, but not an attractive tan. We sent the rug back thinking we received a different color than ordered, (wow, how easy it was to exchange) then the second rug had the same ugly putty sand-colored border. Perhaps the natural border color is a better bet. This doesn't look like a comfortable rug to sit on, just FYI, but the rug itself is very attractive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The seagrass was adequately compared, but not the border color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Border color extremely misrepresented
i was so impressed with this rug. the price was wonderful. i really expected it to be thinner but it is thick, well made and it has fabric backing. you probably wouldn't need a rug pad under it but i got one anyway. it is a heavy rug, does not roll up or bunch. very nice. love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the brown edge is a little lighter than the pic on line, but not a big deal for me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality!