This is a VERY good quality rug - it is extremely thick. The rugs like this one that I have seen in stores are much thinner.I really do like this rug - it is well made and I am very pleased with it. I do recommend an anti-skid mat underneath, as the backing is cotton and it would slip on wood floors.
Just what I was looking for. I have hardwood floors and two dogs. The backing holds the rug firmly in place.. This was the main goal. And only sometimes it will scoot when one of the dogs takes a flying leap from the end of the bed onto the runner. Very satisified..
This is a thick, well constructed rug. It rolls out easily without any creases or folds. Stands up well to foot traffic and added some beautiful texture and color on our deck in front of four Adirondack chairs. It is easily worth twice the price! Grab it!
I received the 12 ft runner yesterday (it took close to 10 days from the west coast to Georgia so not as fast delivery as some.) It is a fabulous rug for my very long foyer. Bound in black, the sisal herringbone pattern is a great look. This style would go perfectly in a dining room bc the weave is tight enough so moving chairs back and forth would not cause a snag but not so much in a familyroom/bedroom - it would be a little uncomfortable to walk barefooted on. Even though the weave is tight, it still has a textured look. Love it! I gave it 4 not 5 stars bc there's 2 loose ends in the weave that I will need to fix before vacuuming, otherwise it is a great find. The cotton-like backing looks like it will wear well and will protect my new wood floors; I don't think it needs a non-skid pad.
The runner came rolled in a plastic sheath as packaging. There was some initial shedding when it came out of the packaging I'm sure due to shipping. The runner came exactly as expected. It is a thick durable runner. Walking on it barefoot isn't painful, but it definitely isn't smooth. We are hoping with continued traffic this will smooth out. I'm pretty sure this can be used outside as well. This is going down our main hallway that receives the most foot traffic. We have it on hardwood floors without a non-slip pad. We haven't had any issues with it sliding or moving. Our dog has been our test dummy. This is his new favorite place to run and lie down. It is exactly what we wanted.
My problem wasn't really with the rug, but the description said it was very soft......the reality is that it's harder than an outdoor rug that you would wipe your boots on before entering your home. It's a good looking sturdy rug....but don't buy this for indoor use.
It's a bit rougher than you might expect, and as others have stated, but that is a good thing. As a hallway runner this will hold up as desired. I am highly satisfied with this purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent- It will hold up really- really well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
i bought this runner for my foyer. it did shed the first few days but now has settled in and is right at home. it is not soft under foot if they are bare. that part is true from other reviews but it has shown no sign of wear at all in the 2 months i have had it. we are currently using our front door all day every day until we get our home renovation projects out of our garage so it is getting a lot of traffic and is performing wonderfully. i buy only rugs that can withstand little claws and paws and i have zero complaints here. love o.co!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great, sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
What a great runner for an area that gets a lot of "traffic"...i put this rug in my hallway, the neutral tone blends in with the decor of my house, runner stays in place on the carpet, the rug also with stands my kittens claws. I would consider buying this same rug again for another area of my home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, heavy, thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described
The rug looks softer in the photo provided on the website, however this runner is a thick version that is quite coarse. That said, it is a great runner and looks to be able to sustain the wear and tear of most runners.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is very similar to that which is shown. The Natural color is a little darker than the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The sisal is a not as smooth as shown in the picture. It is certainly a thick sisal rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product was very accurate as were the prior reviews.
I love these runners. However, if you walk around your house without slippers on, they are a little tough on the feet. I wear slippers so it does not bother me. It is a very clean and modern look. I love them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, have to be careful if a piece comes loose not to pull it. You do have to cut it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I love this rug! We painted our hall a creamy white, and with this rug and pictures in black frames it looks really chic. It's seagrass, so it's not comfortable to walk on it barefoot, but it's great for an entryway because it's really sturdy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.