I bought this rug for use in our family room. We've had it for almost a year now and it still looks great. It does not show dirt. We have three children, ages 3 to 8 and two big dogs. It is soft enough to sit on and play. I have a smaller one in my foyer and again it has withstood high traffic. The rug has a subtle variegated weave, which I think is the reason it doesn't show dirt. The edge is gray, and probably leans more to the bluish grays rather than greenish grays but it is truly neutral. Highly recommend!
We really like this rug --- looks just like the photo and is quite durable. Canvas edging is nicely done. To respond to a couple of comments in other reviews, there was no smell or shedding with this rug. And those who find it "rough" or "scratchy" probably should buy something other than sisal, which is a rough texture by nature.
Thus far, this rug is great. Surprisingly soft for a natural fiber rug, especially given the price point. Looks great in my living room. It seems to be of good quality and I will hope that it holds up to the wear and tear, vacuuming, etc. love this purchase so far!
This is my second Safavieh rug and I couldn't be happier. The size is exact and fits on my existing rug pad perfectly. The material is very soft and well made. The gray has various colors of sisal woven in the threads and is very interesting to look at. I highly recommend this rug. Only issue I have is the ripples smoothing out from being rolled up. I'm sure they will disappear in a few weeks.
The quality and style of this rug make it an exceptional value for money. The rug has a definite grey cast to the woven area and the binding is a dark grey with a slate hue. While I didn't expect this rug to be soft underfoot, it is thicker and more "cushiony" than I expected. We replaced another beige woven rug in our living room and this rug gives a much more stylish appearance to the room. Great compliment to navy/white/denim beach decor without looking too casual.
We recently enclosed our patio and I wanted a natural material rug. This sea grass rug is a lovely neutral tone with a very slight greenish overcast. The rug arrived in 3 days and was folded in quarters. I laid it out upside down for 2 days while I painted. When I flipped it right side up it was perfectly flat. No odor or smell though I would not have minded a light grassy fragrance, This is a very nice rug and I am pleased with the quality and purchase.
I always check out overstock before anyone else just to compare product quality and pricing. In the last few years I have beeb satisfied with my purchases, free delivery and package well. The only negative is when ordering some furniture, what looks good on the site is not always what you get, and if you are not mechanically enclined you will have problems putting these items together.
Beatiful rug! I looks better in person than in the pictures. It is lied in a charcoal gray and gray is woven into the sisal. There was a small hole in the lining, but Overstock sent out a replacement and were great to deal with. Very happy with this purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks great
I got 2 of these rugs; one 9x12 and one 8x10. I knew it was a bit of a gamble because it could be costly to ship them back....I had to do extra research to find out the width of the binding because it wasn't in the description. The rugs are a little bit lighter than the website photo but that was fine. They look great and I am very happy and considering buying a couple more! You definitely will want to use a pad because the backing is the older rubber version, rather than the newer latex kind that the higher end rugs come with now.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's perhaps a little lighter than the color on the web site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems great. I don't think it has the new heavy latex backing that some of the high end rugs now have though
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, although I did have to do extra research because there was nothing in the description to indicate the width of the binding
I was looking for a sisal rug that was more complemetary to my new cooler gray/white/cream/expresso interiors and this rug was perfect!, The sisal is a more pale weave than my older sisal rugs and seems much softer.The gray trim is so "on trend" and blends well with more contemporary looks. I bought another one for my mother in law for her newly remodeled beach cottage and it looks fantastic! I highly recommnend this rug
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
When the rug was delivered, it was exactly how i pictured it would be!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a great match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect.
I love Overstock! This rug came within days of ordering it. I originally ordered a beige border rug but the board was more yellow, so Overstock let me return it and I bought this gray one. Very good quality jute and border. Border was stitched straightly. The color is a grey with a hint of blue. The jute is a natural color more on the lighter side, not barn yard hay like. There is an initial smell of the rubber bottom, but it eventually went way after a week. Also when you rolled it out, it was bumpy but over a week it flatten out. Size is pretty accurate, like 4 inches under 9ft and exactly 12ft. I would recommended buying this one over the cheaper ones because the quality is good and will last for years.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Love this area carpet. Everything as advertised. Does have slight odor first week or two, but totally dissipated after that point. It is durable and not uncomfortable underfoot. I am very pleased with this carpet and think it will be functional for many years.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual seems slightly brighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
this rug is good for the price. The sisal fiber is not a high-end quality; rough to touch, however, expected for the price. The color of sisal is beige (not yellow like some) and the color of the binding is charcoal-close to the screen. Overall, good the knotting is pretty smooth-not too many loose knots on top(had to return another from this site to exchange for this one-much better)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very close