I am very pleased with this rug. The border color is a charcoal grey as expected, and after reading previous reviews I knew that the weave would be coarse, not soft. That said, the rug is perfect under our round stone game table. It provides some texture and color to my wood floors, but would not be suitable to sit on in a family room setting. Once I received the rug I searched the brand and style number and could not find the rug at a lower price. I feel the rug is a good value and exactly the look I had in mind.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? charcoal grey
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is accurate, but the title "fine sisal" could be misleading
Love this rug! It is exactly as described and color is exactly as pictured, so is exactly what I was expecting and looking for. I am using it in the sitting area of my master bedroom and it is beautiful. It is a little rough on bare feet - this is not a soft, luxurious rug! So if you are looking for that, this is not for you. I on the other hand wanted something wtih a natural look, natural fibers and textures, and this fit the bill perfectly. Excellent price compared to similar rugs of this size and quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, looks to be very well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
It wasn't as rough as I expected, though I'm not sure I would use it for a living room or an area where I sit on the floor often. For my dining room, it's perfect. The sisal has less of a golden/brown tone than you usually see and the grey border brings out the grey in the woven sisal. It did have an odor for the first two days, but that has now dissipated. I have noticed some fibers shedding onto the grey lining, but nothing extreme. Also, my dog LOVES this rug. She rolls around to scratch her back on it.
This rug is exactly as described and looks better in person. keep in mind though that the sisal on this rug is soft because it is "fine" which means a lot of traffic or dogs for example will cause small tears in the fibers. this rug is in a beach house that has the wear and tear of dogs & toddlers. After 2 months it still looks beautiful. For the higher traffic areas of the house we purchased a seagrass rug from overstock and it is beautiful as well. That one has a basket weave which is much more durable over the years.
Currently adorning our living room floor (dark wood). Top notch all around. Well packaged. Binding is well done - even, and lays flat. The latex backing is handy (don't have to get a rug pad). The rug is nicely woven, no random tufts of broken fibers. Some folks mention the "smell" - mine had the wonderful hay scent of good sisal - maybe not everyone is familiar with that. The color is a melange of cream, gray, and tan, just as described. Very neutral, not yellow-gold, great with other cool tones. I love the texture - very "spa" and fun on the bare feet. I also got the hall runner and a small one for another entrance. All delivered with the usual Overstock promptness. We are ready for summer!!!
This rug is really amazing. It's not the typical yellowish Sisal-type rug. The color almost has grey, muted undertones. The quality is terrific...no need for a rug pad underneath. There was a smell for about 2 days, but it went away pretty quickly. I would highly recommend this rug.
This rug was purchased for my 15 year old son's room. Wanted something to hold up well as well as provide style and service. The rug fits all parameters. A small warning that at first there may be a bit of an odor, but of course that is because the rug is made of natural fibers. The smell has lessened considerably. We have dogs so there was some concern there about fibers tearing, but haven't seen that yet in spite of the fact that the dogs jump off the bed unto the rug. Don't notice much dog hair either. All in all very satisfied.
Looks great on our tile floor and brings the room together. The material is perfect for our tropical home. It was delivered quickly and needed no encouragement to lay flat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are pretty close. I would say the gray is just a little lighter in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a well made rug and lays flat without any gripping material underneath it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Well described
Great great rug----great value Very portable on the feet even though it is isal
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More creamy gray than sand gray
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I read many reviews and didn't know much about sisal/coir. I plan to layer it with another rug on top because it's not a soft cushy rug you would just lay down on, although you could. It came really fast (I am always impressed by Overstock's fast shipping). It did have a slight smell to it, but it wasn't a bad odor and it was gone after a couple of days. It's a nice alternative material since I have family members allergic to wool. It looks modern but not out of place in a hundred year old house. I don't expect it to last forever but if it can survive a little boy and a big boy for a while... the price was fantastic; happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
This rug is amazing... huge value for the money, especially when compared to some of the other natural fiber rugs available at other places such as PB. The rug is very well made, the weave is tight, the color gorgeous. It is, by far, my favorite rug that I've had in the living room (I have an eclectic style and this works really well. For the fall/winter I'm going to buy a wool rug in a 5X8 and layer over top for an interesting change and to add a bit of warmth. LOVE THIS rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
After buying and returning three rugs (not from Overstock) for under my dining area table I was about to give up. The reviews on this one were so great I decide to take a chance. I love it. I am not so sure how it will hold up long term as it is sisal and not really cleanable, but it looks and feels great. The border is beautiful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
The rug was exactly as advertised. It is exactly what I wanted. It was delivered on time. I was very pleased with the overall product and courteous service. Thanks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as advertised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very acurate