The rug is for a hallway, and it looks great (except i wish i could have it 2 feet longer..). I bought a felt pad to go beneath it, and it feels nice and thick. I thought it would be a bit scratchy, but it isn't. The color is subtle and thus blends well with sorroundings .It does the job at a reasonable price and a nice look. The floor is a stone tile, and cold in the winter, so this warms it up. It has not "shed" at all, and looks clean and neat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality seems good, looks like it will hold up well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the same
I was shopping around on the internet for a 9X12 sisal-ish carpet after having seen a mock sisal carpet at XXXX (that was softer but had the same overall look). I was reeling from sticker shock, but when I saw what Overstocks had, I was really jazzed--but a bit skeptical that it could possibly be nice when it was easily 40%-60% cheaper than some carpets I had priced. I was willing to live with it being an inconsistent weave or having an undulating edge once rolled out. None of this was the case. IT WAS PERFECT. Others who reviewed complained of an odor that dissipates after a few weeks. This was another concern because my husband has allergies and can really be sensitive to smells (headaches). But there was NO ODOR. So I heartily recommend this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual product seemed slightly more yellow-y overall than the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. No flaws, but durability remains to be seen.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
It was hard to find a runner this long (16'), so we didn't have much choice. It was for our hallway. The runner fit it perfectly. However, after a couple of months of walking on it, we discovered that we should have gotten carpet padding to protect our dark wood floor underneath. We discovered fine scratches on the wood floor. Duh... So since then we've gotten carpet padding. But the problem now is, that the runner itself is not really heavy enough to flatten the padding (which came rolled up), so now there are bulges, which we hope will eventually flatten out with a little bit more time. But overall quality is ok for the price. Just get carpet padding if you have wood floors!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? as expected
This runner was too rough for what I wanted. I couldn't tell how rough it was from the product description and though I know that sisal is rough, some rugs have other fabrics woven with the sisal to give it a softer feel. That wasn't the case with this rug, so I returned it. The quality seemed solid and the color was accurate, so if you don't mind the rough texture you might like it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seemed good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I would recommend this rug to anyone. It's a great deal; good quality, looks great and we got it at a great price. It's exactly what we expected to get as well in terms of color and size. The rug also does not slip or slide around because there is a nice grip on the bottom holding the rug in place on our wood floor (we were a bit worried about that). The rug doesn't shed or smell - we saw that in some reviews. All in all a really great bargain for this rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and quality rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.