The photo on the site shows a beautiful grey rug. The rug that was delivered to me does have the same grey border, but the interior is interspersed greenish-grey and yellowish-brown. After removing the plastic bag, I assumed the rug had been rolled-up inside out as it was so dissimilar from the photo. The Overstok.com support people told me, "Don't worry, UPS will come by sometime in the next 2-5 business days to pick it up." Since I have to go to work during the next 2-5 business days, I'm now stuck trying to figure out how to return it as I don't have access to a lot of 9 foot plastic bags. I'm very disappointed with Overstock.com. My first and last purchase here.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? completely different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. n/a - didn't completely unfurl it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? poor
I have clear cherry (very light) plank flooring in my dining room and this rug has the Paradise Dining Set on it (another wonderful O.com product!) With the different shades of brown and grey in such close proximity, you may think that I am either color-blind or have no taste - quite the opposite! All of these things really pull together to make the room pop. My dining room has dark olive room darkening drapes, and a very similar color wall. I also have a red feature wall. next to the drapes (full length covering sliding glass doors). I am giving you all of this color description as it may help you make a purchase (or not). It seems the rug pulls in the colors of its surrounding. The beige (off-white) in the pattern goes well with the bench seats of the Paradise Dining Set and the grey almost has a dark green tinge to it. Very hard to describe, but I think it's almost a reflection of it's surrounding. I wish Overstock had a function where you could upload photos of the product in your home to give other potential buyers a better idea instead of staged photos. The quality of the rug is great. I have two big cats who like to stretch and occasionally pluck at it, but so far (3 weeks and counting) no noticeable threads. It is quite firm on your feet, rather invigorating. I would definitely recommend as the pattern does make it look quite a bit more expensive than what I paid.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Quite accurate - but more of a green tinge to the grey
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
The color of this rug is not gray. The boarder is gray the rug is a very greenish gray to the point of being more green than gray. In the main part of the rug it is mixed with that green/gray and tan sisal. It also is not a "fine sisal" it is prickly and very fibrous and rough. I gave it an average rating because some people may like that kind of thing.
I was very impressed with this rug. The quality is very good for the price. It seems sturdy and should wear well. It has a nice herringbone pattern and though someone in a previous review said it had a lot of brown in it, my rug is mostly charcoal with some sage green and brown threads woven throughout. I did not know it has a nonslip backing rendering the rug pad I got useless (guess I'll have to get another rug), but that was a pleasant bonus. Very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close representation. Did not show the finer light green threads
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was very impressed. It seems to be very sturdy. Should wear well. And I did not know it was backed with nonslip.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly
Good quality carpet, however since the color of the rug was NOT what I was expected, I ended up returning.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Different... Some Of The Fibers Looked Almost Pink
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality, But I Ended Up Returning Due To Color
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? So So
I'm very pleased with this sisal rug. It has a beautiful herringbone pattern which makes it appear much more expensive than it is. Which is to say, it's not expensive! The border is a slate grey and the interior is slate gray with beige woven in. It's predominantly grey so don't get turned off by the beige. I love it.