First of all, this is a flatweave rug. It's not meant to be soft or luxuriant underfoot. It's knobbly and a little scratchy, so you're not going to be comfortable lying on it. I was prepared for that. On the bright side, because it's a flatweave rug, it is spill-resistant; liquids tend to bead up rather than soaking in (as they would on a more traditional wool rug). This is great if, like me, you have a bad habit of knocking over water-glasses and beer bottles. :) I ordered this rug for my living room, to replace a battle-scarred 8 x 11 dark-red Oriental rug. I'm really happy with it! It arrived rolled up into an 8-foot tube, in two layers of plastic, tied with pieces of twine. It relaxed and completely uncurled within a couple days of putting it down, and I'm not having any issues with corners sticking up. The color is a brighter in person than on my monitor, but I'm fine with it. It's a pleasant, fresh color and really makes my living room feel brighter and more open. It doesn't have quite the same sound-absorbing properties as a similarly sized non-flatweave rug, so do also keep that in mind. The rug also sheds a little. I imagine this will subside after a few rounds with the vacuum, though. You can see a picture of the rug in my living room at: http://www***
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug is brighter in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is sturdy and good-looking, but sheds a little.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate!
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes
I ordered this rug in the 8x10 size for our new tile floor, thinking it would provide some padding for my kids while they play and it would be soft underfoot. I couldn't have been more wrong! This "rug" is more like a thick horse blanket. It doesn't even have a backing, it could be reversible because it's the same design and material on both sides. It is made of a super scratchy wool/cotton blend, I can't imagine it being a nice place to sit and play for my kids. We went out and bought a thick CARPET pad to lay underneath and it has helped greatly. But the corners still stick up after being on our floor for almost a week. We resorted to double-sided tape to stick them down. The only reason we didn't return it is because it was such a hassle and really expensive. And it actually is a pretty rug to look at and makes a great statement piece in our living room. If you are planning to put this over a berber carpet just for looks, it may work better for you, as long as you don't mind the scratchiness. But we really were looking for something that was thick to go over our tile floor and this was definitely the wrong choice. Definitely not worth the money we spent on it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is slightly darker blue in person, but still a pretty light blue color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Feels very thin and very scratchy. But it does have a nice border around the edges and is a nice design.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It says the pile height is 0.25 inches and describes it as having a "dense...wool pile" which is WAY off. This rug is so thin, it feels like a thick blanket.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No