Again - we just love this rug! It is perfect with our home, the mix of colors is lovely -- the outside border is black - that is hard to see online, but turned out to be perfect for our home. The other reviewrs are correct -- darker in person than on the site.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual product colors are a bit darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be excellent. It is not a thick braid -- I love the lower profile.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good!
I love this rug. I ordered it specifically because the other reviewer's said it was much darker than the description. It is described as yellow, blue and green. It is actually mostly tans and dark greens. The border is black but has alot of green mixed in. It goes perfectly in my dining room.
The rug arrived quickly, and at first I was kind of disappointed with how much black there was in it. The outer ring is almost all black, with bits of green. But with time I have grown to love it, and wouldn't change it. There are also rings with a terracotta clay color, which matches our fireplace tile hearth perfectly. My only complaint is that the ends still don't lie completely flat, and it's been 4 or 5 weeks. The rug is much softer to the touch than I had expected and I love that. The kids are happy to sit and play cars or legos on it for hours.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It has more black, but the colors are rich and gorgeous
This is a very attractive rug and looks just like the photos online. There are shades of black, green, blue/grey, rust, tan, and cream. We have it on a rug pad in the living room with furniture on the edges to help it lay flat. We have another Safavieh rug that has held up well, so had no concerns about getting the same brand. It actually is the second one since the first one sent was a solid green, very pretty but we couldn't use it. Overstock had excellent customer service--we got a UPS shipping label to send the green rug back and got the new one in a couple of days. With 2 cats and 3 dogs, we have area rugs around the house on Pergo floors, most of which have come from Overstock. We needed to replace a rug in the living room on a temporary basis. Our 4-month puppy began to chew on our good wool rug, we replaced it with an old rug from another room, and he loved that one literally to pieces. This new rug is a replacement until we are comfortable that he will leave the wool one alone. At that point, it can go into a bedroom or TV room, since the colors lend themselves to almost any wall and curtain color.
I placed this rug in my kitchen area, under my kitchen table. This rug is an 8x10 and is larger than the 6x8 I had there previously. I agree with other reviewers that it is darker than in the pictures. The colors are rich and beautiful. The one edge that was rolled the tightest (inside as it was rolled up for shipping) stayed up for a day or two, but it is laying almost completely flat now. I have had it on the floor for about 10 days now. It isn't as thick as the rug I had here before, but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. It is very well woven/braided with very even and regular stitching. I don't have any loose threads or bumps in the braiding. Since my rug is under the table, we don't have an issue with it slipping, but if can tell it would be slippery if not held down on a smooth floor. If I had to complain about something, it may be that when my boys move to get up from their chairs, sometimes it sort of wrinkles/bunches up a bit; but that is more a matter of training them to get up from the chair rather than pushing back while they are still sitting down. Of course this would not be an issue if you plan to use it in a different location. In summary, this is a great, very beautiful rug, and I have just placed an order for the 3x5 and 4x6 versions for the other side of my kitchen and the entry to my house. Can't wait to receive them! I will put some type of a non-slip pad under those.
Looking for a rug for under our kitchen table. Something not expensive and easy to clean (children...). We were hesitant to put a rug at all but the dining room table and floor match so much it looked like a wooden table was growing out of my floor and I needed to break it up. THis is perfect. The price can't be beat, usually the braided rugs are SO expensive. I figured for the price it would be chincy, but it actually ended up being a beautiful rug. My toddler dumped milk on it last week and I just poured baking soda on to absorb the milk, vacuumed it up and cleaned the rest with a little soapy water and it's perfect still, can't even tell...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? On the picture, the lighter colors look much brighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, easy to clean
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
Looks very nice in my dining area, nice braided rug for the money. Would definitely recommend .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color a little less yellow
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
Nice rug for the price. was happy to have so many options on the braided rugs. Overstocked delivered a nice quality rug that looks great between a light oak floor and light oak dining table and chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is much darker than that Shown in photo Very little gold is visible on the rug, but the colors are great in the sage green room with light oak floors
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality. Sturdy and durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? All accurate except photo and color variations previously mentioned.d
I just received this rug and very happy! The quality seems excellent for the price. The colors are richer and more varied than it shows on the screen. Very country inspired. Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors are darker and more varied
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
The color was a little off but it works well with my home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more black than I thought it would have
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. appears to be well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? color was the only thing off
It took me a long time to order-hard to envision this in the family room. Good thing I didn't try any harder since it doesn't look like the picture at all. Mine is much more green than yellow but it looks nice and will help keep the room warm in the upcoming winter..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? this looks like a totally different rug but i like it
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems good-first time I ever bought such a large one
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? other than colors-accurate
I think the picture where the rug is in a room has more accurate color representation. The full view looks brighter. I am not using the rug yet - but I rolled it out and I am very pleased. I am excited to move so I can roll it out! Shipping was very very quick!
Great rug, for a great price! The braided rug exceeded my expectations! It arrived quickly and when I rolled it out it layed down smoothly . . . no curled ends. The colors were only slightly darker than the picture. The quality is excellent. It is soft to the touch and is nice to sit on too.