After looking at many shag rugs, we decided on this particular rug. The reviews were great. And we agree. The rug is excellent quality. It is very soft. It is actually even more soft and more plush than expected. As some of the reviews state, the rug sheds a bit. But not too bad. Nothing a few vacuums won't cure. The quality and comfort of this rug far outweigh the little bit of shedding. The only gripe we could have (and it's a minor one) is the color. It is called HONEY. But the rug we received id WHITE. We actually like the white better. So that worked out nicely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty darg close...
This is a good-looking, well-made, super soft, thick rug in a rich creamy white. I loved it when I put ti on my floor. BUT, the thing off-gases so horribly that it immediately went right outside to spend every day hanging on the deck rail and brought inside at night. 3 weeks of this, then it went into its own room with a high-end air purifier for another week- still smelled up the room!! So, I gave up, sent it back and bought the shaggy wool rug instead, which I'm awaiting. It would have gotten 5 stars otherwise! Beware! Off-gassing is very toxic.
I searched for a long time on Overstock and at Retail looking for the perfect white shag carpet for my newly decorated bedroom. Finally decided on this shag rug, from the positive comments and the perfect sizing for our room and the beautiful color. I have shopped Overstock before and always pleased. Before opening the packaging I noticed the black backing on the rug and wondered why black for a white rug. Well unfortunately, after looking further, I realized that the black backing showed through when the carpet stands lay flat or moved from side to side. Sadly, returned the rug a few days ago.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? disappointing
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? incomplete, did not mention the black backing.
The highest compliment I can give this product is that 1) I put it in my sons nursery and 2) I wish I had bought 2 or three of them when they were on sale. I know had I knew just how much I loved the feel and look of this rug, I would not have hesitated to pop for a few more. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. GREAT!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is the worst rug I have ever seen! Please save yourself time and money and don't buy it. It has a yellow tinge to it that just makes it look old- like it's been sitting in the garage for years. It also has a black backing that can be seen whenever the rug is stepped on and the shag is not perfectly positioned which makes it look stained. I didn't believe the other negative review but I really should have- I ended up having to spend $25 to ship it back since overstock wouldn't accept these complaints as a valid reason for return. I just ordered a new rug from **** from their majestic rug collection in cream and it is a million times better than this rug. Not to mention they will take it back free of charge if you don't like it for any reason!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Horrible- its has a very yellow tint to it in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Horrible
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Horrible
Got rug for our bedroom. Wanted something casual but cozy. We have beach colors (light blue and sand) and this rug finished the room with the exact look and feel I was going for. We've had it over a year now and it holds up well. Sheds but is expected. But the best part is how soft and cozy it is on your feet..it's so nice to walk on bare foot! And everyone compliments on it. Great purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good..it's cream
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
I love this rug.I was nervous to order such a big item on line but I am so glad I did. This is from an excellent rug maker.it was shipped well wrapped & efficiently.It looks & feels elegant.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. !Shedding & smell not an issue.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
I LOVE this rug, I put it over hardwood floor in my daughter's nursery/bedroom and it is adorable. It is so soft on the feet. I was slightly worried about shedding as I didn't want her eating any of it, but I left it hang outside the first day, then vacuumed it really well and once we put it in I did not notice any shedding at all so far. I also did not notice any smell (from other reviews) but leaving it outside for the first day probably helped with that (and febreeze!).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matched the picture pretty well...maybe a little bit more white than honey.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality/condition. Very thick and full.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very accurate.
NIce and plush. For those complaining about the "off-gassing" or heavy smell of newness, Febreeze extra strength killed this immediately. Again, terrible choice by the manufacturer on the underbase - who the heck puts a dark underbase on a WHITE rug?!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, except nothing mentioned about the WHITE rug coming with a BLUE underbase.
Very thin and has a denim-blue backing (?!) which shows through the cream. Smells funky but don't know if that will go away because I will be returning. My rug actually has a MELTED circle - the fiber is actually hard and brown as if a hot 12" something had been placed on it. Very disappointed as I've had great luck with rugs from Overstock. Even without the damage, this is a piece of junk.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? poor
This rug is AMAZING! I agonized over spending the money as it was more than what I wanted to spend but it was worth it. So soft, very true to color as on the screen, very plush. I know someone had reviewed it has yellow, but an off white is a better description. some minor shedding but no big problem. Love this and would definitely buy it again and again. It makes me not want to wear socks so I can sink my toes into. Worth every penny!
I have had this rug in my den for about two years now and have received many compliments. It does continue to shed, but vacuums rather easily with the wand (don't use the vacuum head or it will shred and frizz the rug). It still looks so pretty fluffed up! Unfortunately, the light color shows exactly where hubby's favorite spot is, and I haven't found a way to clean it (white vinegar did nothing). Otherwise, a thick and well-made shag rug.
What a huge disappointment. Purchased in October 2015 and placed just before thanksgiving. Beautiful and fits perfectly with our decor. However after a short while it started shedding non-stop. At first I thought it would stop gardually, but instead it just accelerated. Complete disaster. Will do anything possible to return it and never get close to Safavieh again.
It's been a few years since purchasing this- It looked good and it was enjoyed. Sadly, between the kids and dog it is no more. What was I thinking getting a white rug?! Good choice for an adult household or one in which your family is under control