I received my rug very quickly and immediately unwrapped it. The photo makes the rug look like it has an even pile but the rug actually has great texture - a pleasant surprise. The shag is very soft under foot but I wouldn't call the color "off-white;" it's more of a "natural" color but looks great on my oak floor. In fact, the color makes the floor look less orange (a great bonus!). Very pleased.
This rug exceeded my expectations. I am a fan of how shag rugs look but find it hard to find something that won't shed a lot and also isn't 100% wool (allergies). The rug is very soft to the touch, plush, a great creamy white color and goes perfectly with my decor. This is one of my best overstock finds. It finished off the look of our modern media room.
This is a great rug for the money. It is off-white and very full. You can't get a better rug for the money. It sheds a lot but that is to be expected with a shag rug. Overall, we are very happy!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color is as promised - off-white
- How is the quality of the product? Great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
This is an "out-of-the-box" review. It is much "shaggier" than we thought based on the pictures from Oversight (that's a good thing). It's very thick and soft to the barefoot. It looks very full and is a nice off-white color. It has a slight odor, but nothing unexpected. I does shed. Quick shipping. GREAT VALUE (at least that's what my wife tells me)!
I was apprehensive about buying a rug online, didn't quite know what to expect in regards to the color or feel. However all the reviews kept mentioning how soft this rug is and it is indeed INCREDIBLY SOFT and feels wonderful under my feet. I absolutely love hopping out of bed and onto this carpet in the mornings (and I'm NOT a morning person)! As other reviews mentioned it is slightly off white, I think best described as bone, at first I was set on getting a pristine white carpet but this looks just as good and I think may be better for the long run in terms of keeping clean. The first two days there was a smell, I live in a condo so I had to leave it in room with the windows ajar since I don't have a porch or patio as some suggested. And it did shed a little but not a significant amount. The only other thing is that when I originally wanted to buy a shag I wanted an ultra contemporary looking one with long fibers and this one doesn't quite have that look but it does still look contemporary and the feel makes up for anything and everything else. I would absolutely recommend this and especially at this price it is unbelievable.
I am totally satisfied with this rug. looks a little shaded. Looks better in the picture the pile is not as tight. The height is true. The rug is very soft and a great addition to any casual room. It is as close to white as i have seen.
After reading the mostly rave reviews of this rug, I took the chance to order it. The gamble paid off and the other reviews were right. Very nice rug, especially for the money! Hasn't shed much yet (I've had it a couple weeks) and the smell others mentioned was there, but it's a rug, so it would smell initially. Very happy with this purchase!
I have this rug, and overall I am happy with it. I was looking for a soft rug with a high pile that didn't shed. However, I wish I would have chosen a polypropylene rug over an acrylic rug. This acrylic rug ok for my young child to sit and play on, but it's not soft and plush. It feels more like a bunch of T-shirts cut into strips. When I vacuum it, even though I have a new dyson, I feel like I can't get it really clean because again, it feels like I'm trying to vacuum up strips of cloth. I would recommend the rug to others. For the money, you can't beat it. Maybe in a year I'll toss it and get something else, and I don't have to feel bad about it cause it didn't cost a fortune.
I thought I scoured the reviews of all the rugs out there, but somehow I must've missed that this rug sheds horribly. I love how big it is and how shaggy it is, but we have dark wood floors and I'm having to swiffer every couple of days because of the thick white threads that are being strewn all over our floor. If I even sit on it with spandex workout pans on, when I get up I have white fuzz ALL OVER ME! I can't afford a replacement rug already, but will definitely be making my next rug purchase in store.
I was a bit worried about purchasing a rug online. Mainly because of the color, texture and such. The rug came quickly, and the color was true to the picture which I was very happy with. As I read on other peoples' reviews, the rug had a slight smell for a few days and the ends of the rug were curled up, but both problems were gone in a few days. I wish it was a little bit more full, and I don't care that it sheds quit a bit. Though, it has been a couple weeks and I love how it looks in my family room. Overall, I would say this is a great rug for it's price, I think you need to keep your expectations realistic. With kids and all, if it gets worn out in a few years I would still think it was well worth it.
This rug is very fluffy and feels amazing underneath my feet. It looks awesome in our living room, and the cream color does not have any yellow to it at all, which I really liked. The only thing I don't love is the amount that it sheds. I know that is to be expected with any rug, but we've had it a month already, and I don't see much let up. Our Roomba vacuum can't vacuum over it very well because of the thick pile, so that's something to keep in mind as well. Not a deal breaker... I still love it. It just sheds a lot.
I agree with other reviewers in that the color should be listed as "Natural" as opposed to "White". It's very shaggy; so much so that my Dyson vacuum cannot vacuum over it going forwards, only backwads. Kind of a pain, but other than that very happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Closely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Soft, good color, looks much more expensive than it is.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is outstanding
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
LOve the rug. Purchased for our family room. SUPER comfortable! Would buy again in a second!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect. Read in reviews that others did not find the white to be a true white? IT is perfect! As white as you'd want it to be. GREAT color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fantastic~ it sheds, but any shag rug like this will.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect, VERY satisfied.
Love the quality! The feel under your feet is awesome! I ust think the color is a little off from the pictures. The picture has a slight peach tint, the real rug has a slight yellow tint in my opinion, which is probably only a problem for people like me who are obsess with colors (I'm a graphic designer). Other than that it is beautiful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not exactly. It is beige, but not as neutral. It has a very very slight yellowish tint.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excelent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The rug arrived today and I am in LOVE! It is sooo soft and much more plush than I could have hoped for the price! Best purchase I've made in a long time!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Amazing - esp for the price!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This went underneath our bed and is nice and soft on the feet!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes, color was close with watch I saw on my computer.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Qulity is plush tight weave
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
We wanted an inexpensive rug to get beaten up in the family room so this was appropriate. It was the right color and price. If you are looking for a good quality that's long lasting this isn't it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A bit lighter than expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's fairly delicate and still sheds. Apparently our couch gets moved around and is created a hole in the rug since its so thin.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate although i was hoping it was more lush.