Just a few things that other buyers should be aware of: 1. The rug is labeled 100% jute. It is NOT sisal. 2. The overall hexagon shape featured in the rug's pattern is about 6 inches overall. For some reason I expected the weave to be smaller. I still like it, but it took me by surprise. 3. The color is slightly more "rose" than rust, but in looking at my computer screen and the rug, the color depicted by Overstock is pretty accurate. My dining room walls are an orange / coral and so I wish the color tones were a little more orange than red/ rose, but it still works. I am not sure how the rug is going to hold up in our dining room. I have a feeling my dog is going to shred this one. I just vacuumed it for the first time and learned that you need to vacuum it along with the weave so you don't pull out the knots or fray edges. I suspect it is going to have lots of loose pieces sticking out of it soon, BUT the pattern will help conceal. A few positives: I have it in our dining room. It looks great and it is going to hide food / stains significantly better than the neutral sisal rug we used to have in there. It also adds a lot of warmth and character to the space. About me: I have two small kids and a large dog so I was looking to buy a rug that I am not going to be completely upset about if it looks trashed in a few years. I think this was a good purchase overall. One comment about shipping: The outer layer of shipping plastic arrived with this weird greasy substance all over it. I have no idea what it was. Luckily, it came nowhere in contact with the rug which was wrapped in another layer of plastic.
This is another awesome rug for the price. We do have three cats and after several months, it's holding up great. Some little pieces fall out of the weave here and there, but you just shove them back in and it's fine. Again, you can't beat it for the price. IT's great!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? YES
- How is the quality of the product? Great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I bought this rug to go under my desk in my study. From the photo, I thought the weave would be flat and tight. Instead, the weave is fat and lumpy which means that I will have difficulty sliding my chair back and forth over it. I'll either have to get a desk chair with rollers or get a hard plastic mat to put under it.
Love the look of this rug, its very versatile. I was worried it would not be nice to walk on because of the material, but when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. Great product
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The orange color is more of a dark brick. I think it looks better than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality. the rug is still soft even though it is made out of natural fiber
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
We replaced a solid color sisal rug on our screened in porch with this rug. I guess we were used to the roughness of total sisal and were surprised that the new rug is much softer and thicker, giving it an indoor feel. Very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The 8 x 10 photo makes it look like a deeper color, warmer rust. In reality it's still rust, but rosier. The 4x6 size photo is accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better than expected. Softer and thicker.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This rug came to us extremely dirty. It had to have been used. When we unrolled it, dust poofed off. I layed it down on a super clean floor and decided to flip it over because it had loose pieces of rope as it is poorly made. When we flipped it over the floor was covered in dirt. I then layed it on coffee table to re clean floor and once I layed it back on floor then the coffee table was filthy. I have never had anything delivered to me in this condition before. Very unsatisfied. Rug is inexpensive but it won't last more than a few months I am sure.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
This rug was filled with sand. It left huge areas of sand every where we put it. I will never buy a rug like this from overstock again
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
One review mentioned that the rug creates a little sand (a huge understatement), but we still purchased this rug. The color is great, but the the amount of sand it still creates is a mess! The rug has also completely fallen apart since it is very loosely woven. We are now having to purchase a new rug. I wish we would have spent just a bit more to begin with. This rug has been a waste of money!
I am very pleased with this rug, it is great quality. The only thing is it is not a brigh orange as in the picture it is more of a rusty color. I'm not complaining though it fits my decor perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? darker than picture
This was a really great looking rug. I was hoping to put it in my dining room, under the table, but it had a little too much texture, and too thick. A relative stopped by, saw it rolled up and asked if they could buy it...which they did. So I get to see it a couple times a week. It's in their living room, the color is great and the texture works with their Contemporary furnishings. It's held up well through two children, all their friends, and a dog. Great value!