This rug caught my eyes online but I was hesitant to order because I wasn't sure about the wool/viscose material, as well as the look. I continued my search in local rug stores and saw this in Safavieh store, retail for $****. After I saw this rug in real life and touched it (so soft and smooth from viscose, aka Art Silk), I ordered it from overstock as soon as I get home. I ordered on a Monday, and it came on Thursday! It's beautiful as described, and the color changed a bit from different angle. It adds so much depth which doesn't show on the picture. I am a happy trooper. The rug is not the plush type and it does slip around a little bit (even with my 8X10). All minor issues gone after I get a nice rug pad (adds cushion too). Now I am super happy trooper. I am in a shoes-free house so I can see this work perfectly. I won't recommend it for high-traffic or shoes-on environment, otherwise, two thumbs up!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close. actual product closer to silver/grey and has some shimmer effect from viscose
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very soft and smooth from art silk. a bit on the thin side.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This rug is lovely, shimmery, and elegant. But it is NOT WOOL as stated on the site. This is one of the reasons I am returning the rug. It is thin, though would be made more cushy with a thick rug pad. But the real problem is that it's not a wool rug. It's made of art silk, aka artifical silk, aka rayon, plus cotton. No wool at all. Also a word of caution if you don't mind that it's not wool, due to the shimmery nature of the rug, it will show every speck of lint, dirt, etc. that falls upon it. I would NOT recommend this rug if you ever wear your shoes in your house, if there are men/boys who track things in or spill things, if you have dogs or cats, or aren't an incredibly conscious and fastidious person.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, though it is not a wool rug as stated
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? INACCURATE. Actually a artificial silk (rayon) and cotton rug. No wool
Some things you should know about this product - look at the pictures closely. To me there appeared to be tiny burgundy/dark orange boxes in the corners of the "cuts" in the fabric - those are just shadows. Also, the picture appears grey with a white sheen - in reality it is more of a blueish color with a light blue sheen. Also, I had never purchased an art silk rug before - the reviews about dirt showing up are so true! I had it about a day with almost no foot traffic and I could see what look like dirt stains. I had to move it to a lower traffic area. Really wish it was a better product overall.
It's hard to buy a rug online if you are concerned about the feel of it. This rug feels like soft silky velvet to the touch. It is very low pile. It is wonderful to step on getting out of bed. The pattern is vivid yet subtle. The color a very neutral gray - not very blue - not very taupe - just gray - just right!
This rug has a silvery sheen - light gray in color. Very nice. It sheds a little at first. Im overall very happy with this rug. Definitely a light color so don't get it for a heavy traffic / shoes worn indoors house. The pattern is very chic - just what i was looking for.
After reading several of the reviews, I was hesitant to order the rug. Others thought that it was of poor quality because it was a thinner rug. The rug, however, is perfect! High quality hand knotted rugs are thinner than the mass produced carpet cut-out rugs. Beautiful pattern and sheen!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
This rug is stunning and exactly what I was looking for. I fell in love with a rug very similar at Macy's and they were asking over $3,000. When I found this gem on Overstock, it was a no-brainer. It arrived in just a few days, packaged really well. I unrolled it in my living room and it just brought the room to life. It has that shimmery, silk look to it making it very elegant, modern and transitional. For the price, the quality and the quick shipping, this rug is an amazing choice. I am thrilled!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top notch
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
The color is a grey/silver and the material is very soft. It is a very low pile but I like it for our bedroom. It is very different and elegant looking.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect and the other reviews.
I bought this rug for my dinning room space which is in an open concept room and I needed to better define the area. I purchased it in the 8x10' size and though it was a little more white/pearl than gray from what I was expecting the color was still great and works beautifully with my black and silver damask pattern dining room chairs and blue/gray wall color. The rug rolled out flat very easily and though it is thin and not particularly cushy it is still very soft. I did not want a cushy rug in this area so this rug was perfect. I'm sure a rug pad underneath would provide more cushion but that is not needed for me. I love the silvery sheen the most from the "art silk" material which really helps to capture the silver quality of the rug. Also love the pattern, which though contemporary works great with my traditional damask printed chairs. Would definitely recommend. Shipping was also unbelievably fast and it arrived in 3 days from when I placed my order - fantastic!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar, actual color is more pearl grayish/white, good sheen. More light gray/silver when fibers are brushed one direction and a pearl white when brushed the other.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, love the raised design, subtle but eye catching
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
I was looking for a silver/gray rug for our & have tried a few from overstock. Unfortunately even though the color of this rug was perfect, the thickness/density is nothing like I expected. I can't believe the other reviews did not mention that the pile of this rug is more like a blanket or thin bathmat rather than a rug. The edging of the rug had a noticable wave too itb & it did not lay flat. Overall, color is a true silver but the thickness is not like a true rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Rug is extremely thin & edging is not straight
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? No
This area rug is absolutely gorgeous and of outstanding quality. The color is more of a silver grey with a beautiful sheen that can go with any decor. I have this rug in the dining room on top of a hardwood floor. Because it is so heavy, it does not need anything underneath it to keep it from moving. I am very pleased with the size of the rug -- it is closer to 8' x 10'. I could not believe how quick this order arrived. I ordered this rug on a Tuesday night, and it arrived two days later on Thursday. It was very well packaged so that it arrived with no damage. I am so pleased with this area rug that I am considering purchasing another one for the family room. The quality and value cannot be beat. I priced other rugs and, for a rug of this quality, the price I paid was substantially less than I would have paid for a similar rug elsewhere. Everyone who sees it compliments on the beauty of this rug. I highly recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match. It looks exactly like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right On