I purchased this rug for a small living room. I'm going for a comfy seating but kitsch/tiki/hint of mid-mod look, and this choice rocks it. It sheds very little, so with regular vacuuming, I don't even notice. I liked my 8x10 so much, I added the smaller size for my entryway and a runner for a small hallway, both near the main rug. It looks really nice, I'm very happy with it. My drapery picks up from a color in the rug and ties it all together.
Very high quality, especially for the price, and a great design to meld traditional and contemporary decor. However, be advised that the color is a bit inaccurate. It definitely has a lot of gold tone. I was hoping for for more just brown/tan as shown, but I kept it anyway.
I also bought the 8'9"x11'9" rug. Nice colors - peppy pattern but still reads as a neutral classic that goes with most styles. The black edging isn't completely looped down in all places, and in some places there are spaces, but I still love it. I read that another reviewer said she just filled in the spaces with a black permanent marker. I haven't done that yet but probably will. Pretty soft underfoot. Love that it's wool and was 1/2 the price of two other sites that have these exact same rugs! My husband loves it, too, and our styles don't always line up.
I was leary if this runner would be too dark for my dark hardwood floors but yet I didn't want something light either. I was so surprised how the runner just dressed up the entry way with class. Just what I needed. It layed flat immediately and I don't think I will use a runner so that my door from the garage to the entry can open easily. It can slide around but it coud be anchored at corners if needed. I have on order three other sizes of rugs in this and can't wait to get them. If you are hesitant, don't be for they are really nice. I just bought a new home and am being very picky to get just exactly what I want and this fit my wants perfectly. i have been told I should be a decorator for having am eye for things. This rug is one of them. The shipment was right on time too and fast.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I thought the color was much prettier and lighter than in the photos which was exactly what I was hoping for on my dark hardwood floors.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug looks very expensive and most would think you paid much more.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate.
Loved the runner! Ballard Design has the exact same runner for more than double the price you can get it for on Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Purchased for a runner down a hallway to a leopard carpeted room. The runner doesn't match my room exactly but has the effect of continuity I was looking to present. Thanks Overstock for a great product and speedy delivery.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? No difference
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice wool runner