I've only had this rug a few days, but was so excited to unravel it to take a look. I knew from other reviews that the colors on screen weren't true to life before I ordered it. Never ordered a rug online before either! Had it in a little over a week from Overstock. Let me try to describe the colors...the blue back ground is a very pale aqua...definitely a grayed green blue...I have Glidden "Sea Spray" in my dining room and it's in the color family but this is paler than that. There is also a beige...a buttery, creamy beige...not a greyed beige...and the green is not a sage, more yellowey green than a sage which is more gray...there is also a darker beige--a light brown I would call it...and a rust type of cinnamon color...and little pops of white in the center of the flower bursts....and a bit of slate blue and dark brown as well. Hope this helps! I'm now looking for a rug pad...definitely need one as this is not a super cushy rug...doesn't bother me though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color on the screen is completely washed out--like looking at a pair of old washed out jeans compared to a brand new dark wash
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Only have it a few days, but looks and feels beautiful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat
Thank goodness I read previous reviews so I knew what I was getting into and felt confident when ordering this LIGHT TEAL BLUE, not yellow, rug. Delivery was fast, ordered late Monday night had it by Thursday. It rained that day but it was packaged well so even though it was left in the elements on my front porch a quick wipedown before bringing it in the house revealed no problems due to good tight plastic wrapping. It looks lovely in our room which is painted a khaki color with medium colored wood floors and a dark chocolate brown couch above it. To me the design is a sort of Modern Oriental carpet. It is pretty, unique (I think), and interesting. I looked for a large-scale area rug for two weeks before settling on this because of the design, shipping to me, and price. Definitely a plus that I ordered the $75 protective rug pad beneath it though, it gives it a nice cushiony feel. I wish I could post a real-life picture to this review which would help someone considering this in the future. If you love the design and can handle it being a lot of light blue with just touches of yellow, go for it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? terrible
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok besides the misinforming picture
This is a lovely rug. The color is much more blue - and I really see no teal. I would have hated this rug if I purchased it based on the photos alone. But because overstock customers had already noted the extreme color difference in their reviews, I knew what to expect. (Thank you fellow shoppers for being so generous in your review comments!) The rug feels nice and looks lovely. It is a busy pattern - but that works in my room. The predominant color is really more of a robins egg blue - with a minimal strip of a seafoam blue. And the color that looks peachy in the photo is rust. Not a drop of peach anywhere on this carpet. I think it is the rust and the green that make the pattren appear busy. Had those colors been lighter, the whole rug would have a softer tone. The backing of the rug is dark toned - and the backing does show a bit on the edges - but I find it does not detract from overall appearance. I am using it in my dining room and it adds a nice touch - a little formal yet still fun.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? site photo is way off - rug is much deeper tone
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate except for color
This is a wool rug, for the price of a polypropylene one. Colors are a pastel but saturated aqua/light teal with buttery yellow and tan accents. There's also a bit of olive green. It's transitional in style--it can read country or floral/shabby chic or classic depending on the furniture. It's nice and springy, feels cushy with a rug pad underneath. I use it in my bedroom, and it's very comfy on my feet. I have light turquoise curtains, white walls, and lots of yellow in sheets and pillows and it pulls the room together. The colors are bright but pale--not garish--more like fresh and spring-like.
I purchased this rug going by the listing of beige, blues, and greens... thinking it would be all cool tones. The rug is actually a lot of reds and browns which look really bad against the beautiful pale blue. Totally not what I expected, so disappointed and upset that I have to pay $$$to return it when the listing blatantly left out the main colors of the rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Does not look alike at all, very disappointed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the rug is nice, but the colors ruin it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very, it doesn't mention the very prominent reds and browns
I've done lots of shopping around for a living room rug. What I've found is that they are VERY expensive, especially if you want something that looks good and is made without synthetic materials, which is what I was looking for. This rug fit the bill! It looks great, I love that it's 100% wool, and it's a fantastic price! I couldn't be happier with this purchase. I get lots of compliments on how it looks. I've had it a month and it has held up nicely. It still looks brand new.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is actually a pale blue instead of cream. I knew what to expect based on other peoples reviews. Love the color!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a high quality rug at a great price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? For this size rug it's actually 4 circles by 3 circles.
I have been looking for decent rugs for years. I can't even believe the price on this one for the size, its amazing. and the wool is wonderful. its everything I've been looking for. I'll definitely use overstock for my next rug purchase. This rug has the pale aqua-y blue background and the medallions are a gold-ish color with a end of summer kind of green in the gold. it would definitly count as a neutral-it never jars my eyes, but its like having fresh flowers in the house. the blue just wakes everything up. very clean looking. honestly I can't believe my good fortune in finding this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better, just a bit more clean and clear
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent. no funny smells because its all natural materials, feels great under the feet, kids haven't wrecked it even with some spills, and its gorgeous.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very, I esp. like the reviews to help me make a decision.
This is a great product. Beautiful blue green background with ivory, tan and green design. I was wary of purchasing over the web but the rug turned out to match my decor perfectly. I just opened the package and there is no smell at all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Description says blue background but you don't see it on the screen, looks ivory, but it is a blue green background
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, arrived on time, no smell, beautiful rug and the colors I wanted.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate; picture does not show the density of the blue green background.
This rug is perfect for my beach themed home. its soft under the feet and the design actually has 3 rows of circles instead of the 2 that the picture shows.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color on the site looked like it had a lot more cream , but its an all over light blue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very soft, very pretty
Just received the rug and it is gorgeous. I was searching for a rug that wasn't muddied in color. Many rugs read very grey or beige. This one does not - it has a clear pale turquoise base - perfect pairing to my brighter turquoise upholstered chairs and other accents in turquoise and sunny yellow. Nubby quality is soft enough, though I wouldn't call it "plush." Overall, great rug for the price. Highly recommend! I got the runner, too, and it's just as beautiful. Pattern is not overwhelming in the space, yet still active and cheery.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Rug reads more blue-green than yellow-gold. Yellow is less pronounced, but the overall feel is still warm.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate. Color slightly more turquoise in person.
When we unrolled our new area rugs I actually squealed in delight. They are much more beautiful than I could have hoped for.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? the colors are much richer.
- How is the quality of the product? The rug is beautifully woven. I haven't noticed any shedding.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? The description is accurate; the photo shows only a paler version of the rug.