After shopping for months for something simple with good design and color that we could use, we were so disappointed with the chairs when delivered. I got a splinter even before the first chair was out of the box, then discovered that the back upholstery was detatched (stripped screw). We hoped that only one chair had problems, but both in that box had a terrible, rough finish. We didn't even open the second box, just repacked and returned. Overstock was great about the return; free shipping and free return. Can't beat that service! We will use O again, but not this manufacturer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor finish, poor construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? n/a
They look good but terrible quality. Legs felt like they are going to break very soon. Seams on some chairs were not well sewn. Not worth the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Terrible! Cheaply made, some legs had chips and the wood was poorly glued. Legs had a lot of movement and felt like they were going to break. Fabric was not well seamed on some chairs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Doesn't mention how cheaply made and poorly designed they are for sitting.
Love the design of these chairs. They arrived quickly and were very well packaged and for the most part, well made and the fabric is a great neutral color. However they are somewhat stiff and may not be the most comfortable chairs for long after dinner round the table conversations. Also the chairs that I received did not match the dimensions given in the description, in fact they were considerably smaller than stated so that I had to return them as they were too small to go with my dining table
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good at this price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair only. Chair smaller than described
These chairs make me happy. They arrived very quickly and were well-packaged with no assembly required. They feel sturdy, but are still light, don't rock and look very mid-century modern without the issues you can get with vintage furniture (if you need it to be everyday functional). I bought these to be dining chairs that could also serve as occasional chairs in my tiny NYC living/dining room, and they work for both- upright enough for sitting at the table and comfy enough to lounge on for an hour or two. My only slight complaint is the feel of the fabric- I like that the weave of the fabric has a few different (related) tones throughout and that it's not fuzzy and doesn't seem like it's going to pill up but I don't really care for the 'hand' of the fabric- it feels a bit slick- it's obviously treated with something (doesn't smell though!). There's a tag on the bottom that states that they are flame-retardant (picture suggests a dropped cigarette won't burn right through) so I guess that's what's going on there. I would have bought them regardless, but if it continues to bug me I may re-cover the chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The fabric appears a little bit darker- a medium tone rather than a light-medium tone