This chair was great. I thought it was going to be more grey but it turned out to be a little darker like a dark tan. So i dont know who is listing the color scheme and if they are colorblilnd, It looks great with my westelm table, very comfortable and well made. I only ordered one to try it out but am going to get three more to complete my set.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not at all like i thought it was going to be - it looks more tan than anyting else however - I love the tan color more than what i had anticipated it to be.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great - this is a very well made chair, no imperfections in sight
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? extremely accurate
I purchased several of these chairs for a dining room. The chairs have a nice look but are uncomfortable. Within a couple months the seat cushions have compressed to the point that it feels as though its only leather and wood. Also, the seat shows a depression so it no longer looks nice. Overall, I have been pretty disappointed. Too bad because the look is nice.
Desk chair in living room that leans toward modern casual. I had started by looking for a parsons style chair to go with the parsons style desk, yet this jumped out and after reading the reviews I realized that the grey would be a perfect accent to other furniture in the room. After reading the other reviews and then getting the chair, I see why some folks have ordered more. And it is Super Comfortable -- not to firm, not too soft. I am very very pleased with this purchase. The packing material was excellent, as noted in other reviews.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? If you view the close-up photos or enlargements of the chair, then you'll not that it is a dark, elephant grey. I actually was encouraged by the reviews that said the color was "off" from the picture b/c it helped me understand that the tones of this grey are more brown/green, than blue. I think of it as a Putty Grey. And recently saw pictures of elephants in Africa that my sister took and the grey is true to an elephant grey.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's a beautiful chair and the lines of the design and the upholstery are very nice. My one comment is that upon opening it, it seemed one leg was slightly shorter, but I haven't noticed a wobble since then, so it may have been packing material in the way...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I received the chairs today and they came all ready assembled and perfectly packed. They are a beautiful elephant grey and very true to grey...no undertones. I absolutely love them except that I was under the impression that the legs were a very dark wood as in close to black but they are not. They are cherry colored and clash with my black dining table. I thought about returning due to this but the chairs are so pretty and give such a sophisticated modern look that I decided to keep them and just refinish in black. Overall I am happy with this purchase and would recommend them such a great buy!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Seat Perfect...Legs not at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
Loved the style of this chair. Nail head trim is well done ande chair is sturdy. Had to send it back becasue color was more taupe/ brown rather than gray. Beautiful color just not what I needed. Also, my "chubby" mom sat in chair for about 10 minutes and seat sagged and did not return to shape. Probably not going to be great for everyday use.
I bought this chair for my home office and am very pleased with it! The chair itself is beautiful with elephant gray leather and a quality nailhead treatment. I have received so many compliments on it, and the design fits seamlessly the the rest of my fairly modern home office space (other pieces are XXXXXXXX strut desk and credenza and XXXXXX (which I use for office storage). There is a warmth in the gray tone that allows is to work very well with brown/dark brown wood tones. A very satisfied customer!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent - elephant gray
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality and sturdy construction
If you are expecting large luxurious sink-into chairs at this low price these are not for you. If you only use your more formal open plan dining room occasionally and want something very stylish, reasonably comfortable and descent quality these are perfect. They are especially perfect for the price! They do look expensive in a room as they are a sort of copy-cat chair that is offered at $$$$$ by top designers. What I really love about them is the color, I bought a house with the coloration of stone fireplace that was common in the late 70s and early eighties and this brown/gray color could not be better. I mixed my chairs with a glass top table and single 30 large shade chandelier and it looks stunning.
I bought these chairs because I saw a post from a lady who also bought a trestle table from ******* **** as I did. The color and design is beautiful; however, it is pretty hard to sit on. I was hesitant to buy without sitting on it first, and I'm a little disappointed but yet didn't want to go through the trouble of returning them. They look beautiful but not all that comfortable.
After a few months, the cushioning in the chairs has pushed down into nothing. We are sitting essentially on the wood frame. Yes, these chairs are inexpensive, and they look nice enough at first. The leather is good quality. But the construction makes them a poor buy. We will have to spend more money to buy higher quality. Lesson learned.
I purchased one chair to see if I wanted more; I definitely do not. You would never mistake this for leather. The nail head trim is the worst I have ever seen. I will use it as a desk chair in my office, but no one else will ever see it! I have made many purchases from Overstock, but this was my biggest mistake.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor
This chair was very nice, good quality and arrived in perfect condition. I had to return it because it just didn't work in my dining area. Overstock made it so very easy and simple to return the chair, that I won't hesitate to try another if I find one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color very close to picture on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality chair, but could use a little more padding on seat
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
I bought 4 chairs for my Pottery Barn Benchwright table. They look great. The chairs are comfortable and perfect for lingering at the table after dinner. They are stylish and just what we were looking for. The price was great--expecially with our ten percent off coupon from Overstock. They arrived quickly and were well packed. As far as the color goes, we did not want grey. After reading the other reviews we thought the taupe would be more suitable to our decor. The color was perfect for us. I would recommend purchasing the chairs. You can always send them back if you're not happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? They are not grey--more of a taupe brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Adequate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate except for the color
I love these chairs. The color was not at grey as I thought it would be but very beautiful anyway.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color is different than I expected, not as grey as I thought it would be but beautiful anyway
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sits well with good quality leather
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate except for the color