I'm not an expert on rug pads. Basically I bought this based on others' reviews and internet articles about the best padding. This does not make your rug plushy underfoot, it's a firm padding. If you need to trim this, best to do this with a serrated knife.
Our floors are hardwood— This carpet pad does not slide and holds the carpet in place very well. It was easy to cut to size. It has not made any marks, or left any residue, on the floor. We were especially pleased with the amount of padding it affords. It feels very cushy underfoot and adds a quietness that is luxuriant.
A very nice carpet pad, arrived a little larger than needed but it cuts easily with scissors. I probably did not need the slip resistant pad as there are several pieces of heavy furniture to keep it in place. Did not think about that when I ordered.
I wanted a thick carpet rug pad to put under a rug. I bought a house with tile floors and the echoing in the TV room was making me crazy. This pad along with the rug are perfect. Also, the pad is thick and makes the rug pleasant to walk on. I like it and I would easily recommend it t anyone with a rug.
The durable rug pad was delivered quickly and was everything I expected it to be. It took us about 30 minutes to measure and cut it to fit our rug. We have had it down for a couple of months and it doesn't shift positions and keeps its shape. We are happy with the product.
What can you really say about a carpet pad? It came folded up (as opposed to rolled) so it had some creases, but these flattened themselves out quickly. It doesn't slide and seems like it will do what a carpet pad is supposed to do. It's not as thick as I thought it would be, but it seems like a good pad.
In ordering this product, be aware that being folder in a box will produce stretched spots; in turn causing bumps when rolled out. Left it for 24 hours and no change. Second day I put heavy flat objects such as large books and sections of plywood on the bumps and kept moving them as the bumps were eliminated. A 2X4 or similar long heavy object will also cure long folds that will not lie flat. Once these pads are flattened, they wear like iron and protect hardwood floor and rug. Worth the effort of flattening over a few days to get a pad in the right size for oversized rug at a decent price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was not a factor. But the mat with rubber backing being folder was a concern
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality and thickness was correct
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine, but give suggestions for flattening...putting the rug over it is not going to do it!
The rug pad is high quality. It was a bit scratch to the touch, but I guess that doesn't matter since a rug will be on top. It is slightly rubber like on the bottom, so it doesn't slip. It took three of us to roll it out and place it, since it was so large. Very happy with this product
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was a bit darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality rug pad
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate description
As far as rug pads go, this is a good deal. Definitely a good price. I ordered it a few days after I ordered my rug...I would recommend ordering them at the same time! :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Rug pads were as described and more than met our expectations. Holds our needlepoint rug firm. Happy with purchase. Would order again!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate