I have to say that I love, love, love these chairs. I purchased two as statement chairs for the ends of my dining room table. I was initially afraid that they would be too big for my space but they actually perfect. The legs are a very dark brown not a medium brown. The material is soft and does show directional marks. I didn't have to put anything together. They came ready to go right out of the box and shipped with a cloth dust cover. The are not very wide so if you have any large bottomed friends or family, this might not be the chair for you. I am again pleased with another O.co purchase!!! As usual, I'm sure I will order gain from this fabulous website.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? They call it grey but I felt it was more on the beige side.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality. No issues with any of the contruction.
I bought the mink grey color which was exactly like the photo - a dark grey, with velveteen sheen. It was not taupe nor did it have a khaki or sage tone. A lot of reviewers claimed it wasn't a true grey color tone but it is! I almost believed the reviews but took a chance that some were colorblind or had hues of browns in their home. Its very impressive when you see it. Like a modern throne. Its very slim, soft, comfy. Its wingback arms are medium padded towards the inner front but who's going to rub their paws down it during sitting. It comes assembled. No work to put together at all. It comes with white slip covers (which you should keep to preserve the look or keep your pesky cat from using it as a scratching post *be forewarned*). In all, very in style. Classic meets contemporary. Advice... its seating area is slim. So beware it might be uncomfortable for those blessed with a bodacious beautiful behind.
This is a really great looking chair, the color and size was perfect for my needs. I used two for the ends of my dining room table. In that regaurd it will not be used all that much, so should hold up well. The chair is very light and does not have alot of structure or support to it, so if someone heavier sat in it and kind of did the lean back thing, might not be good. I am a small person and it was comfortable to me, but when I lean back into it it mostly was fabric put on tight with not much support or cushion. Overall it looks amazing and will work out fabulous for my purpose.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was for sure darker than picture but gray looked to have a bluish tint in my lighting, which worked out great for me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is what you pay for , it did not have alot of structure to it, back was hollow, very lightweight. But the look is amazing and it is comfortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was pretty accurate, color seems to be all over the place on reviews.
Have searched long and hard for a chair with good height and this fits perfectly. I am using in my master bedroom with a bed that has extremely tall head and foot boards, and every other chair I considered was dwarfed in the room with it. I only ordered one first just to be sure the color was what I needed and that works perfectly too (it is more of a Taupe color). I ordered a second chair to complete the room and had some damage issues during delivery, but Overstocks great customer service department was immediately responsive in getting me another perfect chair. Looking forward to buying from o.co again!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good (picture is a good representation of actual color)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and comfortable!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I loved this chair the minute I saw it online. The color to me IS more gray than the taupe that most reviews were saying, but that was not a deal breaker for me. We use the chairs as extra seating in the living room and bring them into the dining room for extra seating. They are very comfortable. The chairs came really well-packed in chair-shaped boxes and a fabric-like draw-string covering which I kept to cover the chairs from pet hair when we're away. The main reason I did not rate these chairs as excellent and quality as excellent is because the chairs are really light, and one of the chairs' legs are not level, so we had to fix that. Otherwise, I love them and they were a great value.
Really love these chairs. The color is a nice neutral that would go with almost anything. I paired with white slipcovered chairs and used these at the end of my trestle table which is a rustic finish. The end result is a very Restoration Hardware-ish look without the price. Delivery was quick and they came wrapped well and in perfect condition.
These chairs add flair to my dining room as they sit on both sides of the fireplace. I thought they would be a little wider, but they are very slim in size and not that comfortable. They make a statement, and serve the purpose of extra seating.
Yes, it's not advertised as such but if you are thinking of using it for that, it's not very comfortable. It's pretty to look at but the seat design is not something that conforms to your body and back so it's ok if you plan to just perch on it....but not comfortable to sink back into and sit on for a long period. It's not even close to being ergonomically designed so it's not a chair for long-term usage.
I've had reason to write some negative reviews on Overstock in the last six months, so I thought to be fair, I would write a glowing remark when it was warranted. Here I am. I received two of these "Deco" chairs and I am very pleased with them. They were well packaged, which is a necessity as UPS is notoriously rough with boxes - especially large ones. (The chairs these are replacing ones that arrived with a leg snapped off.) There was no assembly. There was a dust cover as someone else here mentioned. Both chairs are in great shape and lovely. The color is unusual in that depending on the light it can look taupe or gray or even sage green. This works well in my living room as I have a neutral thing going on. The chairs are a perfect size for my space as I was looking for something taller and narrower (smaller footprint), but something that would make a statement (without dominating the room). The style of the chair definitely does that. The fabric isn't your most luxurious velvet, but is quite decent for the price point. As in the photo, the legs are quite red, but I have cherry floors. The legs are even redder. (I would tone it down a skoatch if I were the manufacturer.) I may try to darken them at some point by applying a light stain over them. Overall, bravo Overstock. My faith may have been restored.
I love these chairs! I saw from previous reviews that the chair was more brown / beige than grey...either color would work in my dining / living room so I took the chance. It's beautiful...so comfortable and very elegant...it is more brown / beige, but that works...These chairs are perfect for my living room and for using as end chairs for my dining room when we have big parties...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty good...little darker brownish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good...more brown than grey
This is a perfect chair for a small guest bedroom with a four poster bed that is much higher than a traditional bed. Love the chair, love the fabric--it is very soft and I love the style. I am delighted with the purchase. I bought the chair on Saturday and it was delivered to my door on Thursday, five days later. Again wonderful service from Overstock and UPS.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
I was very happy with item, Looks great, fast service, would highly recommend
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? everything was excellent
The style described is right on, however, the color is not! The "Dark Minky Grey" description almost lost me! I read the reviews & saw that others had explained it to be more in the brown tones than the grey. They were right, I would say the best way to describe the chairs color is a "dark taupe". It's probably safe to say that they are about two shades darker than what you see in the picture. I love the size, substantial enough to catch someones eye by making a statement, without being too large or competing with other furniture pieces in the room. They are very comfortable to sit in! I purchased two of these chairs for a hall/entry way, flanking them on each side of my most prized object, a piano I inherited from my father! Not only do they make the perfect statement in their place, but also it's very convenient to bring them into the living room to provide extra seating when entertaining family & friends!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is a shade or two darker than the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made for the money!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not an accurate description of the color.
This chair is sturdy and a great occassional, desk or dining chair. very easy chair to re-purpose in your space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The color and fabric were not what I was expecting however I love the style of the chair. Using them as the head chair at my dining table with the Gramercy chairs. They came fully assembled and were packed in a dust cloth. the legs were also wrapped however on had a chip on it. Wasn't bad enough for me to return it. Overall a good buy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was not the grey I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have only had it a short time but the quality seems good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not sure what velvet mink is but this was not the velvet that I'm used to
Wow..where do I start...all started happy once I found the chairs...save all my $$$ and placed an order to redecorate my living room. Overtstock's online order page defaults to your last address in spite of editing so my chairs shipped to wrong address initially. I was livid by the lack of follow up and attention to detail kept on my file and how different customer service reps were sending in different directions when all there was to do was to redirect a shipment. Today after the long wait the 4 chairs I ordered arrived. They are gorgeous, wow! I wished the legs were not broken and needed to be returned. sigh!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the colors is not grey...it's a unique shade of Taupe
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product arrived with chair legs damages
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
These chairs definitely look more brown than I expected... plus they are much smaller than I expected. They have a bit of a "cheap" appearance... more like something you'd get from Target, TJ Maxx, Gordmans, etc. If you don't plan on sitting on them very often and you have a small space, they'll probably be okay.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More brown/taupe than I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Just okay.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Okay