3 stars. because its a 5 star product with a 1 star color accuracy. Let me explain it to you. So this was a great product per se, but I ordered white and the carpet is not white. I'm a man, so for me white is white. If I say I want white, give me white. The design in my room is black, red, and white. I put this carpet on my floor and it looked dirty. Not to say that it is dirty, but to make a point that it is NOT WHITE. The females in the house were talking about it being bone white or even ivory. I don't know what the hell those colors are but it is not white. Compared to the decor in my room, this was clearly not white. Other than that, its a great carpet. Feels great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Epic Fail
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty Accurate
Do not order if you are looking for a WHITE rug...cream, sure - it's a great, soft rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? DEFINITELY not white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is nice, just not white as described
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? color is not listed accurately
While a lot of the reviews are about the color of the rug being cream not white that is the least of the negatives that stand out to me about the rug. First of all its a high maintenance shag rug, and the weave is loose. If you shake it out and don't EVER walk on it, it looks great and will continue to look great with a periodic shaking out. But if you walk on the rug at all, the loose strands will get marled and kind of knotty.Besides that you cannot vacuumed it with a rotary brush vacuume and you have to hand pick any lint or specs of whatever falls into it because as I said, the weave is loose at the base of the weave. We live in a no shoes policy house and this rug was placed at the foot of my bed under a settee.It did not see much traffic and the first 3 months I really liked it. But it ended up looking terrible and full of stuff you can't vacuumed out of it. I don't have time to be constantly hand picking it clean and unless you plan on personally hand shampooing it and drying it outside in the sun, don't bother. Because for the price of having it professionally cleaned I can buy another rug. Actually for the price this is a throwaway rug when youre done with it. And I was glad to be done with it within 6 months.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's a very light cream color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is fair to good for the price but..............
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close to accurate
I purchased it for in front of the fireplace and it is a definite asset to the family room. It is a very good rug for price, that said, the weave is not as close as I would have preferred if I would have been able to physical inspect it--none the less, for my purpose, it is more than adequate. The color is "white" but not a true white, if that makes sense. I have off white and ivory throughout this space and this rug fit well, if placed side by side it is whiter than my other accessories but I was looking for something slightly different--so it is perfect. The only negative I have is that like many items on Overstock, the photo does not accurately portray the item, in this case, the looser weave--but again, no one should inspect much more for the price. Overall this is an excellent purchase for the price, I would not recommend for high use areas.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It matches pretty close--it is white!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality is pretty close to what can be expected for a rug of this cost.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on--there were not many reviews and I decided I would write one to help future buyers.
I was looking for a cream white color round shag rug to match our crown molding. I was not quite sure when looking at the web description, but one review helped. I BET it would be a cream white instead of true white and gave it a try. I WAS RIGHT! It is a very soft cream white. Perfect for us! It had all the folding tracks when arrived, but not a problem after using it for two weeks! Wish it could be denser, but still work well at current condition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not exactly. It is a more a cream white, not true white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well constructed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
Like other shoppers, I was hesitant to purchase a rug sight-unseen, especially at a price WELL below other vendors. I worried that the pile would be sparse and thin. In reality, this rug turned out to be so thick and beautiful! I can't believe we got such a large, high quality rug for such a great price. Other catalogs do not offer rugs this large AND the prices were three times as much. I highly recommend this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very thick and soft to walk on.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I'd call it white. It's not blinding like fresh, clean snow on a sunny day, but it's definitely not cream or ivory either. Quality-wise it is far more fabulous than its price tag would lead you to believe. Sure, it's not as plush as a some, but it's not as pricey, either. Buy with confidence, then sit back and bask in your excellent taste and shopping skills.
This rug ,to me, is 5 stars because I knew from other reviews that it wasn't going to be a bright white. It would have been less stars if I expected it to be white. This rug looks pretty white unless you have something white next to it. Aside from the color issue this rug is perfect for me. It is so nice to walk on and so well made for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is actually off white a little bit. Certainly not white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be good quality. The edges are really sewn well so I hope it won't shed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate. I was surprised it was actually the exact size they said.
Perfect off-white color, not too bright or yellow. It works well against our very dark hardwood floor and is the right shag for a living room, dining room or bedroom. Shipped in 3 days in ready-to-use condition after one vacuum. Happy shopper!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great off-white color, not too bright or yellow
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is my 4th cozy rug purchased. I have the ivory, beige and now the white. Rugs is so very soft and thick. Although this rug is more a winter white, it is white. I put it next to the ivory rug and it looks white. It blends well in my bath with white marble granite. Also blends well with a small white rug I have outside my shower. Highly recommend.
I paid $159.99 for this large rug. Read a lot of Reviews & despite them, bought it. This rug is more of a winter white. Not quite bright white and not quite cream. I paired it with the Inspire Q White Linen Bed and they look beautiful together. I chose this rug because it can be washed & when you have dogs, this is a MUST. I opened the package and unrolled it on my wood floor. It felt nice under my toes and it was nice and fluffy. Since the rug was rolled, the 'shag' all went in one direction. With the help of my feet and my dogs, we had it nice and fluffed up in no time and we didn't see any gaps in the weave as others complained about. Yes, there was a slight scent to it. But I knew that initially there would be as it's polypropylene. It's not wool. It's not cotton. However, I'm sure that the scent will dissipate over time. I'm going to let it ajr out in my Garage until it does. I think it's a great rug for a low price. Seems that people expect the quality of a $500 rug for significantly less. I think this is a fantastic value for the price...my dogs agree!
I LOVE THIS RUG! I got it very quickly and it's beautiful, slightly off white, not cream which is just what I wanted. The shag is soft, thick and unbelievably I can vacuum it with my dyson as long as I keep it moving. It's well made and I'm very happy with it. Thank you Overstock for another quality product!
We recently updated our bathroom that had been established in the late 60's. There were few structural things that we could do due to the ecconomics of gutting and replacing everything. That meant that instead, we'd be stripping off the non-attractive wall paper, sanding, sealing and painting the wall board that had never been treated before the wall paper was hung. A NIGHTMARE it was, and we managed to cover it with an attractive paint job, but the floor-----it was a perfectly good but entirely ugly sheet good that I hated. This pretty, fluffy, and servicable area rug came to the defense of my sanity. It became a focal point. A shag rug in the bathroom? We are two older adults with no children near-by, and WHY NOT? We have adequate air flow in the room, and we don't stand on it while we are wet from the shower, so, I got my wish. It's been there a month now and it has added character and beauty to an otherwise bland room. It was delivered with a little bit grungy edge on one end, but it doesn't show when on the floor, and it was the last one in that size according to the website. I kept it and I'm glad! I'm looking at a matching runner for another bathroom, but in a while, not yet.
Perfect rug... just what I wanted. A good solid white. Not an electric snow white, but a perfect white (not an off white or cream as most "white" rugs are). One of the softest rugs ever. Feels dreamy under my feet in my bedroom. Only downside is it is so soft, my dog now prefers it to his dog bed :-)
I bought this rug for my spare bedroom and was so pleased with this product!!!! It is the softest rug ever, I love to tell my guest you have to take your shoes off and feel this rug. I am going on line to hope to order in orange. This is an excellent rug and would highly recommend it, you will not be disappointed!
I love this rug, its price make it even more lovable!! It's thick, soft and the texture is luxurious. I read the previous reviews about the color and it did help. It's not icing white. It's very light cream white which is perfect for my modern decor with off-white trims.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I like the rug, it is thick and comfortable, plus their was no smell, like some new rugs have. I am a little disappointed in the color because it is more off-white or cream, but I am keeping it anyway. It is so heavy I can't even imagine what it would cost to send it back (I got the. 7''6" square one).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is definitely not a true white, more of an off-white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality, very thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the color, the description is accurate