This rug is much better in person. The pile is thick, extremely soft and bouncy. It vacuums easily, no special adjustments to my plain, 12 year old bargain upright are needed. I am allergic to wool so I needed a great rug with a soft pile for our living room. This is terrific! There are actually a lot of very subtle color striations in the weave that in person give this rug a lot of depth. It is not a flat grey, which I did not want, and yet it also has no pattern in it. It was delivered fast, packaged in heavy duty plastic sheeting over an inner wrap, so it stayed clean and dry. It is actually rather lightweight to carry so I was able to roll it out myself despite its size. It plumped up in about an hour and that was a month ago, it looks great. There has been no shedding or crushing of the pile. I highly recommend this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is accurate in the picture but much more beautiful in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate.
I searched for rugs for over a month. I knew I wanted a grey/silver rug to go with a white leather futon I had found on Overstock. This was one of the lowest priced rugs I found yet the quality of the rug belies the price. I'm so happy with my purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on site matched perfectly to the actual product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is plush and soft
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This rug feels great on your feet; I purchased for my daughter's room and was trying to get a designer look for a great price; She absolutely loves it; It does have a rough backing, in that it is not covered with cotton or canvas, but I used a rug pad so this is not a problem; It is on a hardwood floor. It did have an odor for about 1-2 weeks but this has gone away. It was really well wrapped and I received it in about a week. So glad that I finally overcame my fear and started shopping online and overstock is a great place to visiit; I always have ideas and items in my cart and I have loved my purchases.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? really close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. above average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This rug was everything I was hoping for; it is plush (a bit too plush for my weak vacuum cleaner) and looks perfect in my living room. It looks truly silver. I have silver, black and slate blue accents and this rug perfectly compliments each piece. The kids love to roll around on it. It is super cozy. I am very happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As stated by another reviewer, there is a very slight black tone within the fibers but it is minimal. It looks silver to me!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. No shedding.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This rug is beautiful! I bought this for in my bedroom and needed a true gray/silver to coordinate with blues without a blue or green tint. The rug is high quality, thick, and soft. I recently sold my house and new buyers asked if I could leave the rug they loved it so much. This rug is a winner and very reasonably priced. I would recommend this rug and will be buying it again since I had to include it in the sale of my house.
I put itin my son's baby room and it is so nice to sit with toys and books and enjoy play on the floor. I have other shag rugs that are nice but not as plush as this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug is a little darker than picture- more of a medium gray but good to cover dirt and spots
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for the price. Very thick and soft to sit and play on
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is a cozy rug but not exactly silver
We love this rug. It has a lot of texture and the grey has some specks in it, which I really like. It is in our kitchen and gets a lot of use yet it has withstood all of the traffic (and occasional spills). Lastly, it feels great on bare feet and our dog has made it her favorite napping spot!
Soft, thick, and very attractive! It goes with everything because the color is light and neutral. The corners (with the help of a few books)were flat within a couple hours. I would suggest a pad underneath simply to hold it in place because without it, it slid all over my hardwood floor.
I was looking for a rug to complement my bedding and room décor and I found it. The color is wonderful, and as expected, it looks more silver/light grey in brighter lighting, and a tad bit dark in darker lighting. Nonetheless, I love the color. The quality is definitely that of a "higher end" luxury brand (Safavieh). No doubt about the weight- it is heavy, but that's a good thing. It is durable and sturdy. Having looked everywhere for a rug of this size and quality, I almost gave up on the search until I came across this rug, and I'm impressed. In terms of softness, it feels amazing to walk on, but the softness of the rug isn't all the way there. Plush? Absolutely. Soft? Yes, somewhat, but I would love if it was softer. With all of that being said purchasing this rug was definitely worth it.
After reading previous reviews I was skeptical about the purchase of this rug. I'm glad I bought it. I was worried about this awful smell so many left reviews about, it smelled new and great though. It is soft and plush and goes fabulous in our daughters nursery. We will be purchasing another one.
I agree with the other reviews that this rug looks expensive and is a great value. I would have given it five stars, but mine did have an odor that never quite went away. However, that would not prevent me from ordering this rug or one similar in the future.