This rug is much better in person. The pile is thick, extremely soft and bouncy. It vacuums easily, no special adjustments to my plain, 12 year old bargain upright are needed. I am allergic to wool so I needed a great rug with a soft pile for our living room. This is terrific! There are actually a lot of very subtle color striations in the weave that in person give this rug a lot of depth. It is not a flat grey, which I did not want, and yet it also has no pattern in it. It was delivered fast, packaged in heavy duty plastic sheeting over an inner wrap, so it stayed clean and dry. It is actually rather lightweight to carry so I was able to roll it out myself despite its size. It plumped up in about an hour and that was a month ago, it looks great. There has been no shedding or crushing of the pile. I highly recommend this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is accurate in the picture but much more beautiful in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate.
I searched for rugs for over a month. I knew I wanted a grey/silver rug to go with a white leather futon I had found on Overstock. This was one of the lowest priced rugs I found yet the quality of the rug belies the price. I'm so happy with my purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on site matched perfectly to the actual product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is plush and soft
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This rug feels great on your feet; I purchased for my daughter's room and was trying to get a designer look for a great price; She absolutely loves it; It does have a rough backing, in that it is not covered with cotton or canvas, but I used a rug pad so this is not a problem; It is on a hardwood floor. It did have an odor for about 1-2 weeks but this has gone away. It was really well wrapped and I received it in about a week. So glad that I finally overcame my fear and started shopping online and overstock is a great place to visiit; I always have ideas and items in my cart and I have loved my purchases.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? really close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. above average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This rug was everything I was hoping for; it is plush (a bit too plush for my weak vacuum cleaner) and looks perfect in my living room. It looks truly silver. I have silver, black and slate blue accents and this rug perfectly compliments each piece. The kids love to roll around on it. It is super cozy. I am very happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As stated by another reviewer, there is a very slight black tone within the fibers but it is minimal. It looks silver to me!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. No shedding.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This rug is beautiful! I bought this for in my bedroom and needed a true gray/silver to coordinate with blues without a blue or green tint. The rug is high quality, thick, and soft. I recently sold my house and new buyers asked if I could leave the rug they loved it so much. This rug is a winner and very reasonably priced. I would recommend this rug and will be buying it again since I had to include it in the sale of my house.
I put itin my son's baby room and it is so nice to sit with toys and books and enjoy play on the floor. I have other shag rugs that are nice but not as plush as this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug is a little darker than picture- more of a medium gray but good to cover dirt and spots
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for the price. Very thick and soft to sit and play on
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is a cozy rug but not exactly silver
I agree with the other reviews that this rug looks expensive and is a great value. I would have given it five stars, but mine did have an odor that never quite went away. However, that would not prevent me from ordering this rug or one similar in the future.
When the rug arrived my husband commented there looked to be moisture in the plastic wrapped around the rug for shipping. I was so excited to get the rug I thought "it'll be ok. I'm sure the rug didn't get wet". I have now had the musty smelling rug sitting outside for 3 days drying and deodorizing. I shampooed it this morning (no improvement) and am going to try one more remedy to deodorize before sending it back. I'm super disappointed because the rug has a great look and feel but I can't have this in my house being so malodorous let alone allow our baby to crawl around on it.
We purchased the Safavieh cozy silver shag carpets for our finished lower level. Largest (11 x 13?) for the living room area, 5'3" x 7'6" for the "thru way" area and 2 runners leading from thru way to (left) library/office and (right) bedrooms and shop. We absolutely love them. Beautiful silver gray. Rugs weren't all ordered at the same time, but color is consistent for all 4 pieces of carpet. The floors are bamboo, and walls are painted cream w/two accent walls of a dark denim blue. This silver gray brightens the area up nicely. Ultra plush. No shedding. Set sweeper for high pile and this shag will vacuum without any problem.
I absolutely love this rug. It's much more than it looks in the pics online- plush and soft and with beautiful movement in the color. This is not a boring gray rug by any stretch- multiple under tones of grays and blacks are pretty and rich and hide all manner of dirt/lint that would show on a more uniform rug. Nice thick pile under foot. Highly recommend and will probably buy a second at some point.