The rug was great, very comfortable, looked great in my living room. The color was shinier than what you see in the picture but not in a bad way. Pile height on the rug is good, soft to touch and doesn't shed at all. I did have to return the rug because of a large variance on the rug size, came out to be about 5" or so shorter on one side, but Overstock was great to help me return the rug. Rug is made by Savieh which is a good rug company, definitely recommend this rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color of the actual rug was a little shinier than depicted in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of the rug is great, high pile, strong fibers, no shedding.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate with the exception of size.
I have spent months trying to find a large silver shag rug for my new living area and saw this one on sale and couldn't resist. I had to fight my dog and cat off the rug just to put it down! They love it so much and so do I. I also purchased a rug pad and now every inch of my living room floor is a seating area. It is very comfortable underfoot and you can't beat the price for this size rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is close. The rug has more varied color than is shown in the picture. It is still a nice cool silver tone overall.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is very plush and good quality
I was hesitant to buy this rug because of the complaints related to fumes and also the other reviewers who described a "shiny" quality and "almost black" threads that ran through the shag. First, my rug had zero fumes. We are very sensitive and we did not notice anything or get any headaches. Second, while the rug does have a shimmer quality to it, it is not shiny. I was afraid that since the materials are polyester it would be shiny or sparkly, but this is not the case. The rug does indeed have a few colors of threads twisted into the shag, but it is subtle and gives a very nice overall effect but it is not distracting and you really wouldn't notice unless you were inspecting the rug. As for the "shag" quality, I would describe the rug as a middle ground between a thick carpet and a low shag, which was perfect for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the rug looks just like the monitor, only nicer in real life
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I would never guess that this rug was so affordable and from Overstock
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? My rug is a few inches smaller than the measurement, but otherwise it is accurate
It is always hard to order rugs online, but I decided to risk it with this purchase and I am glad I did. I ordered the silver shag in 11 x 15 -- very large. The rug is beautiful -- has a nice sheen to it and presents great visual interest with its variations of light/med/dark grey. So very soft to the touch and so far no shedding. The fact that this rug is made by Safavieh -- a trusted maker of quality rugs -- convinced me to order. Most rugs this size will cost thousands of dollars, but I was able to get this for under ***. Great deal! Very satisfied! Highly recommend this to anyone!
Gleaming reviews convinced me to purchase. The quality is "So-So". It just feels like a big piece of carpet, nothing great, nothing horrible. It felt cheap to me for the price. XXXX has items much, much nicer for a fraction of the cost. If you are buying for a high traffic room (dogs,kids, lots of walking with shoes, etc) I'd say it's nice and will save your floors from wear. However, if you are buying this as a nice complementary piece to a living room -- look else where.. Over-all impression was: cheap quality. Not sure how it's received so many great reviews, maybe I just haven't seen many rugs? haha. I returned the 124 lb rug within 24 hours of putting it down. Color was however on-spot with the picture.
I bought this to use in our family room & it is just great! It is soft under foot, easy to vacuum and does not shed. For this size rug it was an excellent price and really good quality. I would recommend it and may even buy another one for the master bedroom.
The COZY line of shag rugs all have a generous pile and are very soft underfoot. I have purchased three of these myself, and recommended to friends as well. The silver is true to the image shown on my monitor - light gray with a very subtle blend of darker thread providing visual texture.