I almost never write reviews. By contrast, I usually spend hours and hours reading up on anything I want to purchase before making a decision. The decision to purchase this carpet was a particularly agonizing one. We had just purchased a new house, and I was looking for a very large carpet to cover the living room. I found one that I loved in a well-known home/decor store, but it was about 5x the price! I hadn't even considered buying online, but came across a review for this carpet while researching the other one. Another customer was praising it for being just as good, if not better. I knew that purchasing this carpet was a risk, also because I am out of country, and would likely lose out on border fees if I had to return. I'm so glad I went for it! The carpet is gorgeous, and everything I had hoped for. Yes, as others have mentioned, the carpet fibres are not uniform in colour. The lighter/thinner ones are an ivory/cream, and the darker/thicker ones are more of a warm beige. However, the overall effect from a distance is of a uniform colour that is very similar to the one pictured. I wanted a very neutral rug to pull the room together, and definitely did not want any kind of pattern, stripe, etc. This carpet delivered on exactly what I wanted, and the multi-toned fibres really just make it look more rich in texture. My other major trepidation was due to the fact that I own a huge, black Newfoundland dog, and three light-coloured long haired Persian/Himalayan cats! You can only imagine the amount of hair that they can leave around the house. I've only ever had short-pile carpets before, and wasn't sure how this carpet would be for keeping clean. I have to say, it's actually been the easiest carpet to maintain of any I have had. First, it's better than any carpet I have had at hiding pet hair in between vacuuming. With any other carpet, I can vacuum, and then have it look covered in hair 15 minutes later. I think due to the long pile and varying tones, it is a lot more forgiving. Second, it has been surprisingly easy to vacuum. I don't use my beater bar, but rather use the regular bristle floor attachment, and it works great at picking up any hair. The only setback is the fact that it is so plush, that my dog has confused it a few times with grass! Thankfully, again, stains were shockingly easy to remove, and the carpet looks as good as new. I have never before owned a carpet where people come over, and immediately compliment it, want to touch it, lie down on it, etc. This carpet is it! If it ever wears out or gets ruined, I won't hesitate to buy another one. After all, I could go through five of them before paying the price I was originally going to pay for a comparable product!
When I opened this rug and felt the softness I was overwhelmingly happy. This is a high quality rug, it's soft and very, very comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate.
This rug is the perfect accessory to brighten up all the dark woods in our home. For the price, this is an excellent buy. It looks much more expensive than it was.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The carpet fibers are not all one color. Up close you can see the different colored fibers that are either lighter or darker--it's not bad because it still achieves the desired color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The shag length is oh so cozy, even without a carpet pad underneath (which we added anyway just for a little extra cushion). It also hasn't shed at all!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This rug is much better than it looks in the picture. I was nervous that it would be cheap-looking, but it's awesome!
The cozy shag is so fabulous -- we have this in our daughter's nursery. Thick, plush, no shedding. But this "beige" version is nothing like the photo, where it looks as two slightly different beige-colored yarns blend to look mostly solid. Instead, the effect is a busy, variegated, almost tiger-striped looking pattern, which is not at all what we were looking for. So, back it goes. We'll order another "ivory" instead. And we reached out to Overstock to suggest they take a new photo or clarify in the description.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Misleading
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Terrific quality shag for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color mentions two different, but similar color yarns, but described as beige, not "multi-colored" as appears in person.
I purchased this rug to go over a hardwood floor in our children's play room. The rug was delivered in a matter of days and was as described except that the shag seems a bit longer than 1 inch. Our kids love playing on the rug. I am very happy with this purchase, its neutral and will be used in our home for years to come.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate, but shag slightly longer than 1 inch
I bought this rug to create a play area for my 7 month old son in our living room, which has a very hard travertine floor. The rug itself is very nice - it's soft, the color is accurate as depicted, and the size is fantastic. However, without a rug pad to provide cushion between the rug and the travertine, I worry that my son could hurt himself if he fell hard or hit his head. We plan on purchasing a pad for underneath the rug (which, due to the size, will probably cost another $120 or so) which should make the rug exactly what we wanted.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate, nice beige.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate.
This rug is so soft. It was so large my sofa, chair and coffee table fit nicely on it. I love to excercise on my new rug too. I am getting a lot of complements from all friends and family who stop at our house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? nice
This is a great rug. Very plush and no shedding! Make my living room look so amazing on my dark wood floors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color as described; blend of beige and ivory.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, very full and plush!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I love this rug.I have looked all over Atlanta for a good quality shag and this by far beats everything,very hard to find a 12' rug at this price too.Very thick and I have had no shedding.I would try without a pad first,because it is so thick there really is no need for a pad.Up close you can see the different shades of strands,but mainly from a distance it really looks just tan like the picture. First time ordering on Overstock and I'm glad I took the risk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. above excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate,but there are lighter and slightly darker shades of beige/tan mixed
I went back and forth for a few weeks between this rug, and another that was double the price. SO HAPPY we went with this. You will not be disappointed! It is extremely soft and plush. The color is a combo of creme and light brown/tan fibers, with different thicknesses. We put this in our living room atop our hardwood floors and it doesn't need a pad. VERY happy with this purchase!
I searched high and low for a larger area rug that wouldn't break the bank, but was high in quality and visually appealing. Hard to find, yet this rug fits the bill perfectly. It is a beautiful color, soft on the feet, and was a reasonably price. This rug ended up being much nicer than I had anticipated.
First, the rug is much darker than it appears in the picture. I was expecting ivory and it is more like light brown. Second, it is not plush or "cozy" at all. The fibers feel like rough polyester. It seriously looks like the carpet you see in a rental property. Looks and feels really cheap. I would not have kept it even if it was free.
Great thick rug in glorious shades of beige and cream! I placed it over a 35 lb rubber pad and Wow! Even my dog appears to be walking and rolling in sand! I''m ready to buy another (or 2)! PS...it is crazy heavy, you'll need a partner to help.
The carpet is definitely worth the money. It is a little darker than photo, but lighter color mixed in. Very soft! Researched many rugs over 8 by 10, and by far the cheapest and good quality! When you first unroll rugs, it looks very bi-colored, but after fluffing it up, colors blend together!
This is my first time ordering from overstock.com. I was so pleasantly surprised when we unrolled this carpet. It is thick and plush. The color is a nice beige and white mix, making it a good neutral rug. I am using this in the master bedroom and it certainly has added a beautiful element to the room. For the quality, the price is fantastic!
After many months of researching shag rugs and having this one on my favorite list all along, I finally took a chance and made the purchase. So happy I did! This rug exceeds my expectations. It's very soft and plush. You could add a rug pad for extra comfort, but the rug alone is soft and thick. Comparing the price of this rug to other shags, this one is priced well below equal quality rugs. Great value and style!
This rug is perfect and exactly what I was looking for. It looks great in my living room with the dark hard wood floors. Super comfortable under foot, especially with an added rug pad. It took hardly anytime at all for the creases from shipping to disappear...maybe less than a week to lay completely flat? I have not noticed any shedding and I have had it for about a month. Previous reviews prepared me for the color variation between the two shades of yarn(cream and beige). I actually prefer it becuase it does not show dirt and dog hair between vacuuming however a zoomed-in picture on the website would be helpful to see before ordering. Overall quality product for great value plus fast shipping!