I am thrilled with this rug--it significantly exceeded my expectations--and looks so much more expensive than it is. I wanted to freshen up my Living Room so that it would look more modern, but warm. This rug did the trick and looks beautiful, high-end and chic. I wavered for a while before buying it, deterred by some of the negative comments (other reviewers reported an odor and off-gassing, creases in the rug since it is folded, rather than rolled, for shipping, and an "acrylic" feel when walking barefoot on the rug). I experienced none of those issues. There was a slight "new carpet" smell that quickly dissipated, the "creases" worked themselves out within a few days and the rug feels wonderful--soft and silky on bare feet. I also worried the rug might be too "shaggy" and look matted after being walked on. It doesn't and the pile bounces right back up--it is just the right height. I worried that at this price point, and being a synthetic fiber rug, it might look cheap. My worries were completely unfounded. It looks every bit as good as (and in many cases better than) rugs I have had costing many times more. As others have observed, the rug is made up of two different strands--a fuzzy thicker strand in light taupe and a thinner beige/off-white strand. This adds dimension to the rug and makes it more interesting than a uniform, single color rug. Don't hesitate to buy this rug!
Absolutely beautiful rug! The texture is soft and silky. There are two different types of weaves; one very thin and the other full and thick. The two weaves actually offer two separate colors which are ivory and beige with the thicker texture being the beige color. It is the best quality rug for the price - actually better. I would have paid FAR MORE anywhere else! You've done it again overstock - I love you!! Got it in three days (not counting the weekend since I ordered on a Thursday night) and it did come folded in half but I think it'll lay nicely once its had time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far so good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
This rug is phenomenal. We bought a couple from Overstock and this one hasn't shed after the initial vacuum. It is so comfortable and looks great in our living room with a dark sectional and ottomans which sit upon the rug easily. It was a perfect purchase and we'd buy it again in a heartbeat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As others have said, it is two-tone and beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very comfortable. Our toddler loves rolling around on it. So do we!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
This rug is very thick, and very soft. We got it so our baby could learn to crawl and walk on it, it works perfectly because it softens his fall. There are a few lumps we are not able to get out of the rug, have not found a good way to stretch it out. The photo is incorrect, the pieces of yarn are actually white and beige. Very obvious it is not a single color. Overall, we like the rug and the price paid.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? photo is completely wrong
We couldn't be more pleased. The rug looks and feels amazing. We bought a cheap rug pad to go under it, and it feels amazing. It did ship folded, not in a roll. We were worried about it showing wrinkles from shipping this way, but in 24 hours all were gone. We could not be happier with this rug at this price. The beige is actually two different colors of yarn, which is what we hoped for because this helps hide stains over time. It is very soft and we already love laying on it. We did not find it put off any strong odors, in fact less than new carpet normally does. No shedding either as some new carpets do. LOVE IT!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes, although shades of beige are difficult to get a feel for online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very thick, plush, excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
Overall I pleased with the rug. It came folded and was concerned about it lying flat. After about a week there is very little evidence of any folds. The texture is very soft on the feet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker than I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fairly nice . Seems to be well made and I expect a long life from it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The pic looked fairly different than the actual rug . The pic appeared shorter, denser and lighter(in color).
This rug is very plush and gorgeous. I was looking for a shag rug this size and color but could not find a nice rug this size at an affordable price. I accidentally came across this rug on Overstock and noticed it was the same rug I was eyeing at a national home improvement store, but that store was selling the same rug for nearly twice what I paid. I am very pleased with this purchase. Thank you Overstock!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
This rug is fantastic. Very plush and thick and a great value for what you get. The wrinkles from shipping were gone within a few days after vacuuming a few times and I did use a rug pad to help keep it from slipping on my wood floors. Would highly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality-very thick and plush, would recommend a rug pad to stop slipping. Great rug for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I love this rug, it is very soft and stays in place. I have placed it on top of Travertine and it reduces the impact of a fall on my toddlers. Does not show the spots and stains, perfect with kids.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Overall we are pleased with the rug...very soft for the kids to play on. I love the shag effect...it 'softens' the look of our modern furniture. Looks like it will wear very well. Two complaints...I wish the size was the more standard 12 by 15 instead of 11 by 15. And the color is not a solid beige...it is off white with brown colored yarns. It ended up looking good in our living room so we kept it...overall very neutral.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? no...off a bit
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. decent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the color looks different in person
First let me start with my issue with the rug before going on. I got the rug and it came basically folded up in this large plastic wrapped package. I ordered the 11'x15' rug. So I was a big shocked to see that you would fold a rug with the standard carpet backing. So I went ahead and unpacked it and unfolded it. And as I suspected, where they folded it, it leaves a nice crease/fold even when the rug is open/flat. So I was hoping that it would flatten itself out over the next few days. But it didnt entirely flatten itself. Id say its about 75% flat but there is still bubbles in my carpet from the folds. Once you bend the carpet backing on standard carpets, its very difficult to have it return to normal as those fibers on the backing are not stretchable. So if they get stretched, they stay that way for a long time. Im going to borrow a carpet kicker as I have this sitting on top of a large 11x15 rug pad that is very grippy and with my furniture on it I still cant pull it enough to attempt to get the last bubbles out. Im hoping a kicker will help me. Besides that I love the rug, nice thick shaq, feels awesome on the feet and sitting/laying on it with my kids. We love it. I would definitely buy it again (if they improve the shipping).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fairly accurate to me
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good to Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Excellent quality at an amazing price! Everyone who has seen this rug has complimented me on its beauty and durability. Like I mentioned before, our home (and especially the living room where the rug is located) is busy and we have 4 dogs that roam our home with us. The rug is very nice, large, and shows no signs of wear n tear. I am VERY pleased with my purchase :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, has held up beautifully to the wear and tear of a home that often has 4 dogs running around (two are always present)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is a great rug. I ordered a 11x15 and it began to lay down nicely after a few days. Good quality and I couldn't believe how dense the fibers were. Unfortunately it was not the right look for my room and I had to send it back. The fibers were a bit too long. But if you want a great shaggy rug, this rug is great!
I've had this rug for a couple months now and we LOVE IT! It is so soft, my kids and dogs both love it. It cleans up very easily, i've already had to clean raspberries that left a stain and it is good as new. The smell at first was bad but it only took a week maybe to dissipate. It is beautiful and gave my living room a cozy feel to it instantly.
At first I wasn't really thinking that this would be a good deal, I mean...look at the price! Then...well...then, I "unfolded it" and spread it out. In time it laid down...and looks fantastic. Even the dogs won't pee on it...it's so nice!
This area rug cannot be beat! I love everything about it! it came in 2 days! It was the first thing everyone noticed on xmas day! The quality and color are perfect. Thick and stays in place. Fold lines worked out in 1 day. this is the first thing that i bought from Overstock. Will be buying more! Do not hesitate to buy this rug!
Very nice rug. I purchased a different rug that I had to return as the color was not what was stated and I bought this one in this size due to the fact I already bought this rug in a smaller size and it was a really nice rug for the price. It is lush, thick and feels soft when walking on it. The rug itself is a mix of color. You have fibers of beige mixed in with the ivory color and it blends perfectly. Not to light at all. My only complaint with this rug as it will take a little bit of time to get the wrinkles out from the way it is shipped and the smell seems to take forever to dissipate. Overall it is a great buy.