I read all reviews...here is the true description of the color. Taupe...like any other color...comes in various colors with an undertone. The color taupe can have a tan undertone or a grey undertone. This rug has a grey undertone. While I had wanted a tan undertone...it is absolutely beautiful! Fortunately it picked up the stone fireplace which has variegated colors of grey and tan in it. I really love it because it does not compete with the tan walls in my home. It is so soft and plush and has great backing! I swept it several times (just like a new carpet) and have not experienced any carpet balls. I really love this rug!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Somewhat
I have not used the carpet yet, as I'm waiting for other furniture. However, I did take it out of the packaging to check it. It's a great quality, and the backing is really nice and sturdy. I did think it was very strange that it was delivered folded up, rather that rolled. I would think that may distress the integrity of the product? It was also a shade darker than the picture shows. Overall, I am satisfied with this product.
This rug looks great, but I would not recommend it for high traffic areas. I have had it on a wood floor in an upstairs bedroom for over a year now, and it STILL sheds like crazy. I have a feeling this will not look good once it has been cleaned (professionally) because the shag strands are very loosely woven. If you plan on having this in an area with pets or young kids, I would strongly recommend making another choice. I am not displeased with it where it is at, but it would not work in any other busy area of my home. Cleaning a spill or dog mess would not be an easy task.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair for price
Let me start off by saying I absolutely LOVED this rug. It was beautiful, and SO SOFT. It was the most comfortable, luxurious feeling rug I've ever purchased. Unfortunately, the rug has shed non stop since I purchased it. I've had it for 5 months now, and it has only gotten worse and worse. Thankfully, the customer service has been excellent and I was allowed to return it since it's clearly defective. I know that rugs can take several months before the shedding subsides, but this just hasn't stopped. Clumps of fuzz are all over my entire house, all over my furniture, and stuck to everyone who visits. It's a beautiful rug, but I can't deal with the non stop shedding. I have to vacuum 4 times a week, and it's still been everywhere.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Love this rug. It is so comfortable underfoot. It looks great, and is holing up quite well. It sheds a little bit of fuzz, but weekly vacuuming is sufficient to get any stray fuzz up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, sheds a little bit, but not unmanageably
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
This rug is great. It's very soft and feels wonderful on your feet. It does shed a lot. There are little fluffs all over my apartment, in all the corners. I am wondering if maybe once it gets a little more broken in, it might stop shedding. Overall I don't mind it too much though, I have a cat and I'm not a neat freak. It looks great and feels great and that's what I was most concerned with.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's a little more tan than the photo. The photo looks more cream colored.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's a great rug, very soft
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I have been looking for a larger shag rug for awhile now. I am very pleased with the quality and price of this rug. It is really soft underfoot and I really haven't had much problem with shedding. Highlly recommended!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Rug is slightlly darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I really like this rug. Bought it for a vacation place so we don't use it but once a month. My husband hates it becuase of the shedding. Our vacuum is forever full no matter how often we empty it. He would prefer that I replace it. It was the best priced rug that I found so I'm living with the consequences. If we lived with it all the time I wouldn't buy it again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the reviews said it was more taupe than the picture and they were correct.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very soft and easy to vacuum but I've never had a rug shed so much..
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I had this carpet sent to my daughter in NY for a Christmas present so I haven't actually seen it but she is thrilled to death with it. It's exactly what she wanted, she loves the color and the way it looks in her bedroom. She's using it on hardwood floors and doesn't have a pad under it. She said she loves the way it feels when she walks on it. Great that I can send it with no tax and no shipping and it got there in just a few days. Can't ask for anything better.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to color on website
I read the reviews on this product, and my opinion is the same as many others: Beautiful Rug, looks very similar to the picture....but it does shed quite a bit. I finally used my small handheld vacuum with a brush and swept over the entire rug by had, and that has seemed to slow down the sheeding. For the price, it's a great rug. If shedding will bother you, then my suggestion is to spend more money and get a higher quality rug....but this rug does look like a high-quality rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I would recommend this carpet. I did not have too much trouble with shedding. Some balls of fluff here and there. This is a really thick shag carpet. It is very soft on the feet and really warms up the room. Kids and dog LOVE this carpet! My dog wants to lay on it all the time and the kids sprawled out on it as soon as it was down. Overall, I am very happy with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes, the color is close to what is shown on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very thick shag carpet.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I have had this rug for nearly 2 months now and I continue to vacuum large amounts of wool off of it. Additionally, when you walk on the rug, wool attaches to your shoes & we are finding shed wool all over the house. The color is an odd tan/off white & has looked dirty from the day it arrived. It does have a lovely feel to it and that is why I did not initially return it. Now, it is too late to return it, so we are going to warehouse it until we can sell it in a garage sale. This would not be a rug I would purchase again and I would not recommend it to anyone else.
Absolutely love this new shag rug in my family room. It is thick and luxurious and the color is perfect with my furnishings. It really updated the entire room and pulled everything together. It does shed so I need to vacuum frequently....hopefully that will subside with time. The quality and price for this rug are exceptional.