I read review after review on numerous rugs. I was nervous, as it seemed there were an equal amount of reviews that were negative and positive. After a month, I finally jumped in and placed my order. I ordered the 9.6"x13" and its exactly what I received. I ordered on a Friday and received it the following Wednesday!! The best way to describe this rug is luxurious and classy. It is super soft, so far does not shed, has no odor whatsoever, and the pile is perfect (about 1.5 inches) and the pile is so thick that you cannot see through to the padding. The padding is woven with tightly weaved thread and does not flake off. Also when you fold the rug, you cannot see through to the padding which is a tell tale sign of a well made rug! The color is exactly as pictured on my screen (my resolution anyways). The rug came folded, so there are a few noticeable fold marks after I laid it out in my space, but none of them major and I expect the fold marks to work themselves out over the next few weeks. I am so happy I finally placed my order! Don't hesitate and order now!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? EXACTLY as appeared on my screen.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Superb!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100% accurate!
I am over the moon ticked pink with this rug, and the price didn't cause me heartburn.. I recently painted my family room in a taupe, but it is a grayish brown color, not a warm beige, Found some new furniture; couch in a cream/ivory color and chair and a half in a gray, they actually call the color gun metal. Looked for weeks for a gray rug that would work, Grays are difficult for me to work with, but I ordered this in a 3x5 as a test. When it arrived I couldn't believe my eyes it was one of the most beautiful shades of charcoal gray that I had ever seen. I took the rug to the furniture store to lay beside the fabric I selected for the furniture. The designer/sales thought it was more beautiful than what they had to offer. Some of their rugs were over $****.**. When they asked me where I got it, I was so proud to tell them Overstock.com, and they were flabbergasted! I'll use this smaller rug in the bathroom and I just ordered the 9'6" x 13 for the family room. Nice and squishy and soft on your feet. It does need a rug pad. I ordered a felt pad for extra cushion. So if you are looking for a gray rug that leans toward cool colors this is the one for you. If you are looking for a gray that is a warmer/brown tone. This is Not the rug to get.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is much more beautiful than the picture, has a very intersting combination of fibers and shades of gray, so it looks like charcoal, not blue, color is a cool gray, not a brown gray
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very plush, and the perfect thickness of the pile/shag, not over done, does not smoosh down flat
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? there is no pattern, but like I said, variations of gray, you can't tell unless you have your face 6 inches from the rug.
This carpet arrived less than 5 days after I ordered it! super soft and comfy (my kids were rolling around in it when I placed it on the floor). I order the largest size (9.5x 13) so it came folded in several places. The folds are still visible but I am hoping they will subside. No odors (as mentioned for other rugs I saw), and the color and texture were great. definetly recommend this carpet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? although in some pitures it looks a little lighter, the description describes it as dark grey and the darker photos are true to color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very soft strands, about 1.5 inches long (so not the shaggiest I have seen but enough to invite laying and rolling around in)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
High quality rug for a great value. Very fast shipping. But Beware!!! I would give it 5 stars but I'm only giving it 3 because the color is not accurate!!!! you are taking a huge risk buying online. I purchased the 11x15 and its not gray.......its blue. I'm so disappointed. (sick) This rug wont work in my living room and clashes with my sofas. A rug this size is too expensive to return, so I'm stuck with it. If you are looking for a blue rug with a gray tint, this is the perfect rug for you. Its a shame my dogs love it more than me. :(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Its blue......not gray
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not so accurate
I am very pleased with this rug. I agree with some of the reviewers that the color has a very subtle blue undertone that's noticeable in some light conditions. Even so, I would not describe the rug as being any other color but grey. I bought a plush pad for it, which I definitely recommend for added comfort.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quite nice!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I have purchased 3 of these rugs from Overstock in 3 colors (light gray, dark gray and beige). I first purchased the light grey for our nursery and loved it. Although was not previously a shag rug fan, I got tired of endless rug shopping and ordered the rug at 2am on a whim because customer service promised I could return it for free if it had bad fumes (it did not). So glad I did!! After loving it in the baby's room, I ordered the beige for our bedroom and then ordered the dark grey for the playroom. The best thing about these rugs is that they look expensive, they do not shed at all, our regular vacuum works perfectly fine on them, and the colors are blended (dark and lighter tones in each rug) so they "shimmer" and help tie together different colors in the same family. Lastly, the fibers are NOT shiny. I was very afraid of the synthetic material, but it has a very nice appearance and does not look synthetic at all.
This rug goes perfectly in my living room. It is a very dark grey, maybe just a little darker than what is in the picture. Beautiful color, exactly what I wanted. The rug is so comfortable. A little hard to vacuum since it is so think even with my setting all the way to high. I would recommend this to anyone looking. We also bought the same rug in another color for the bedroom. Both are perfect!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual rug was a bit darker than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality! Couldn't ask for a better rug for this price
The rug arrived quickly...I was surprised it was not rolled like other larger rugs. it was folded. I am returning this rug..the creases are impossible to get out. The color is off...it's more of a metallic silver and blue and less grey. I usually find grey a sophisticated color but this is disappointing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? dissimilar ...the rug is a lot more blue and less grey.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it was folded very tightly with creases...it should have been rolled like my other rugs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I have bought 9 rugs from Overstock and loved them all except this one. I will return it.
I had pretty high expectations of this rug after reading the reviews but when I took the rug out of the package and laid it on the floor - I was OVERJOYED! This rug just made my house! The color is phenominal!!! It's GRAY and maybe a hint of a very very dark blue. But to me - all I see is gray. It is the thickest shag I have ever felt. And I have 5 shag rugs total and this was is the thickest. My cat was walking on it last night and he was literally sinking into it - it's so comfortable. I would recommend this rug to ANYONE who is on the fence about it. Just get it ... the color is amazing. I got the 5x7
Excellent quality carpet, doesn't shed ,thick ,luxurious, so soft. Color is dark gray, with hint of stale blue, but not too much, mostly gray, picture is pretty accurate. Can't beat the price plus shipping from Overstock was lighting fast, I got mine in 2 days. Very satisfied with my purchase and I 'd recommended this awesome carpet to anyone. Thanks Overstock :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty much
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. superb
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Overall I'm happy with this purchase. I read all of the reviews on here, twice, and when an Overstock coupon showed up in my email, I went for it. Here's my take: The color is exactly the same as what I see on my screen. I've purchased many items online over the last year and very rarely has the color been different from what I'm looking at. On the off chance this helps someone, I use a MacBook Air 2012 at the default settings and Safari as my browser. The overall quality of the product is good. Its a rug so there's not a lot to worry about but again, the things different reviewers talked about such as smells or creases are a nonissue. I bought the 6' 7" square and it came rolled up - so no creases possible, and there was no odor at all. Lastly, the "shag" factor. This is where I was a little disappointed. It is a very fluffy rug, but it is not shag. I'm good with it but felt the title of the product to be a bit misleading. Maybe traditional shag rugs aren't made anymore? Bottom line: even though it isn't a true shag carpet, it was an amazing value and it fits well with my decor.
This shag rug is soft but not the softest I've felt. It seems durable. The color of gray is blue based so matches cool colors better than a warmer gray. There are several strands that makes up this rug, so when the light hits it can give a different look (silver/shiny, dark gray, etc.). This rug is easy to vacuum, but harder to clean up stains (due to the shagginess of it). Also, the depth is about a couple of inches, so things can tend to get buried in there and sometimes the vacuum can't pick it up.
I was very disappointed about the color. The picture makes it look more grey than it actually looks in person.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NO. Looked more like a metallic blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Size was good and so was the quality. The color was very OFF
Learned my lesson, read the 1 star reviews FIRST!!! Because this rug really STINKS, it made us sick, literally! We bought this for my daughters bedroom, and it looked great. The next day my daughter complained of a headache. As I ventured down the hall toward her room, I smelled this horrible smell, a mixture between mold and gasoline - YUK! As I opened her door, the stench punched me in the face! I asked her (loudly) why does your room stink, and she pointed to the rug. I got down on my knees and gave it a big whiff, YUP, that's it. It leaves an oily film on your hands and it's definitely the WORST purchase on O.Co. It is defective and I'm returning this item! It is endangering my families health!
I love the color and texture of this carpet. But it's been months since I bought it and it absolutely reeks! I've never been so sad about a purchase. I needed a large rug for our new hardwood, and I just can't get pass this smell. I understand that you need a special glue for this type of rug, but it shouldn't smell like cat pee.
The rug itself was nice but it smelled like moldy dirt. it smelled up the entire room and there was nothing I could do to neutraliz it. I went to a professional carpet cleaner and they said there was nothing I could do. I chose to throw it out and not return because it was so heavy it would have cost me too much to ship back to OverStock. it was apparently shipped directly from overseas with damp, mold and dirt fermenting in it over months. I feel like I should get my $200 back but I chose not to go through the effort..
While this rug did look very nice in my bedroom, the smell was absolutely atrocious. It was impossible to be in the the room for 5 minutes without getting a headache. I tried everything possible to get rid of the smell but it was no use. Shame.