While the unit fits & the measurements were accurate, I am a bit disappointed by the darker color. This was purchased for a beach house who color motif is blues & yellows & the lighter blue would have been a better match. I am disappointed that the color variation was so significant.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? That is my biggest objection -the color was very different- I expected a light French blue & it turned out to me a medium denim blue
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate as to color which was why i purchased the product.
I read another review and decided that the medium blue denim color was exactly what I needed for my bonus (Wildwest) room to hold my TV. And, it truly is! Perfect! It's not light blue at all. My main complaint has to do with packaging and shipping. I was lucky enough to snag the last blue one, so there would be not return on this item. My heart sank when I saw that one end of the big box was torn up and the item was exposed. Luckily, it was just cracked in one place and several joints were apart. There was no smashed or ruined parts. My husband was able to fix everything. This item needs to be packaged better and/or use a shipping company that won't damage it! Love this sideboard/TV console! Perfect for my room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color in pic is much lighter than actual medium "blue denim" color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Although the sideboard looks great, it is far from a high end product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accruate, except for the true color
Let me start by stating that this "powder blue" table is what I desperately wanted for my living room. I even based the decor of the room off of this piece!! Needless to say, I was SO disappointed in 2 main things. I know overstock.com offers FREE shipping but c'mon. The packaging of this box was done in such a shoddy manner this piece came damaged in 3 places. Secondly, and most importantly, this piece doesn't even remotely look like the picture. If you want powder blue, this is not the piece for you. This table is definitely a darker blue. As many people wrote, this is more of a slate or denim blue. It has a lot of gray in the color which is NOT LIKE THE PICTURE AT ALL. How many people have to complain about the color being inaccurate before they change the picture??? This makes me question overstock and makes me not want to order from them again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nothing like the color in the picture!!!!!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap and came damaged.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color was so incorrect!
I'm very happy with this purchase - it was shipped and arrived very quickly although I was troubled at first because the box it shipped in was all banged up (UPS should be more careful.) Luckily, there was no damage to the furniture itself. The piece was assembled very quickly and some of the minor imperfections complement its rustic, shabby chic look. There was a small patch of blue paint however, that should have remained on the body of the sideboard, but was accidentally extended onto the edge of the top of the table, but I think some light sanding should take care of it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color online looks a bit lighter than the actual product, but it works with my decor and I still love it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The sideboard looks great and is of good quality. There are a few workmanship things that I would tweak, but nothing major. For example, the catch on the inside of the door was crooked, but we fixed that with some pliers.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The quality of the 'wood' is absolutely terrible. Cheap, warped particle board. The paint looks like someone tried to hit it with spray paint while he was riding by on a scooter at 30mph. The build quality! Oh my. I had to tear apart the frame and rebuild it. The top base that the leg piece screws into... came off... in my hands. The nails that were supposed to be penetrating it were bent in... on both ends. NONE of the holes in center frame matched up with the holes on the outer leg pieces. I am absolutely befuddled as to how this thing passed any soft of inspection. After an hour or so of disassembling and REBUILDING the thing (read, hammer, nails, drywall screws (I was angry) and wood glue), it's in one piece looking like it should. And of course it wobbles because the entire base is composed of warped wood and untrue angles. I want to return this but I feel like I'm so angry I'd end up attacking the thing with a sawsall and shipping them back splinters. Instead I'll just be angry every time I come in my house and see the shoddy thing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color is darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Abysmal quality materials. The craftsmanship used to assemble the pieces is even worse. I'd suspect a special needs monkey somewhere tried to assemble this while stoned on hash.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Terrible; it was accused of being furniture
Color more denim or beachhouse blue. Perfect color for me. Good value. Reviews were extremely helpful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It didn't, but I ordered because I read the first two reviews. The color was perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color not as described, but reviewers gave me a heads up. Perfect
This sideboard is exactly what we were looking for ... color is darker than the straight on picture but the alternate view is a more accurate representation which is what we were hoping for when we ordered it. Simple to construct but a couple of the holes did not line up so we had to make a minor adjustment for that but otherwise super easy. Looks great in my dining room!
It's a pretty piece that fits in well in our family room. As it is positioned right inside the garage door entrance to the house, it has become the place to put all out stuff when we come into the house. It was easy to put together -- only the sides/legs and shelf needed to be attached.
I am quite pleased with this sideboard. I read the reviews and was hoping for a darker blue as many of them stated. It is exactly what I wanted. I can't wait to unpack my things and start using it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a little lighter than the actual color of the piece.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems to be of a good quality, but I haven't used it much yet as I am just moving into our home and I haven't unpacked everything yet.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description, other than the color, was right on.
It was terrible. The first one we ordered was damaged. After a small argument customer service agreed to send another. That one was also damaged, although not as much. I took pictures but CS did not want to see them so I just kept it and repaired it myself. It's easy to put together but the doors are crooked on their hinges, the drawers are flimsy luan construction and don't slide well, if at all. It's cute to look at as long as you don't get too close or actually try to use the drawers. Sad. We had great hopes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty fair match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is okay
This is a nice piece of hardwood furniture with a quality antiqued/distressed finish. The color is a little darker and more grayed than pictured, but that was exactly what I wanted. I am using the sideboard more like a "console" along a great room wall. It makes a statement and adds a nice pop of color. The top is roomy enough for a table lamp, photo frames and other accessories, plenty of interior storage in the two side cabinets, and the bottom shelf is a display bonus. Best of all, the slim line silhouette does not intrude into traffic flow within the room. A very versatile piece and well priced.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual color is a deeper grayed blue, more like a french blue. I saw it described this way in other reviews and that is why I purchased the sideboard.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It arrived intact, was easy to assemble ( just a few pieces) and is nice quality. The finish is nicely antiqued. The drawers are not on glides, so I wouldn't recommend daily storage.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good except for the color variation
Iím incredibly happy with this sideboard. Love itís shabby farmhouse appearance and gray-blue shade. Easy to assemble too. Iím truly intrigued to know where the person who thinks it looks cheap shops. Price-wise it certainly was cheap but certainly doesnít look it at all. I have never been disappointed with my purchases on Overstock and return often!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker than picture. More slate blue in reality.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. Looks great and was really easy to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.