These were only just delivered this week, so I can't attest to their longevity. But at my house, they'll really only be used when we entertain our adult friends, and that's not often. The color matches what I saw online, which is pretty much a warm grey. These arrived fully assembled and very well packed, and were easy to unpack. I ordered two sets of two chairs, and they all appear to have arrived with no flaws. They do not have a leather smell. Whether that means they're not really leather, I don't know. But the price of these, even for non-leather chairs, is very economical, compared with most other dining chairs. They're comfortable. Another reviewer mentioned that they feel a bit hard at the front of the seat, where padding ends. I agree with that comment, but don't see it as a problem. I only noticed it after sitting in the chair for a long time, and it wasn't bothersome. The seats and legs are smooth, another preference of mine, so they won't snag clothing.
I was sorry these didn't work. Back to searching.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much darker.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ordered 10 chairs and all but a couple had problems. Piping crooked, scrape on leather, crooked seams ... just too many issues.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Poor workmanship but a sturdy chair.
Bought 2 chairs to check color given the caution of the previous reviews, and was so impressed we bought the whole set of 6. The detail work of the leather is beautiful, they are comfortable and larger than expected. Although described as bycast, they smell and feel like leather, not chemicals as some other chairs are reviewed. They are darker than the picture, but a perfect earthen mud color for our decor. We looked in stores and online for parsons chairs and did not want he typical black or brown, but wanted a dark enough color for our boys to eat on for years to come. We went to an upscale store to look and compare and like these better than any leather chairs we saw. Very grateful to have them, completely satisfied.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I bought an Ethan Allen table that I really like, but the chairs that were sold with it were $500 a piece – way, way out of my price range. Instead, I bought a dozen of these. I keep most of them in the attic and only bring them down for holidays and parties. They look great, are fairly comfortable and I have a coordinated look that I can afford.
I ordered 2 arm and 2 side chairs and they are very handsome. The cut of the leather around the legs, the sections of leather stitched in the chair make it look so elegant. Each person's monitor is going to have variations in color for what is on overstock, but for my monitors this brown Clay show was exactly what I got. It a color that can look grayish or light brown depending on your natural and artificial lighting.
The color is perfect. Sometimes they look taupe, grey, beige. They go well with my new reclaimed table with a grey wash. Would have given 5 stars but the stitching is a bit crooked on two of the 6 chairs that I purchased. Not a big enough deal to return them.
These chairs must have been displays from a showroom. One of the chairs had minimal wear consisting of scratches on the wooden legs. The other chair had scratches on the legs and seat covering, indentation of the upholstery on the back (worn from being sat in), and the leg caps were worn. These chairs were obviously used. However, if they had been brand new, the construction was solid and the design was lovely. The color is a little darker than it appears in the photo. So disappointed in Overstock. Returned the chairs and received refund. Afraid to attempt another purchase.
i got these chairs for a great price i like them but the color was not all i was hoping for. they look more like a lighter CLAY color but they are not like that. more of a med taupe grey brown color. overall very nice for price with a 20% off coupon.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? at least 2 shades darker...maore of a med taupe grey brown color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great!! sturdy nice leather
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? color was off
I did not like these chairs due to the color and low back. They were well made but not an accurate description.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close to the description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality ws good, but color off.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color not accurate and the chairs are very low back.