Too bad, because these chairs are beautiful, but because the legs doesnt come attached, so when attaching, it's ok for the 1st week, but then the front legs became wobbly, although the bolts on the leg are extremely tight, but the legs are still very loose. My husband is really angry at me because i insisted on buying 4 of them at overstock, and they came in 2 huge boxes that is impossible to bring back to UPS office to return them ( they wont fit in the car ), so i ended up glueing the front legs to make it more sturdy. Such a shame, because they are such beautiful chairs, lets hope that my glue will last. I shopped a lot of furnitures at overstock, and this is the first time im really disappointed with the product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it's darker than the pic, more like dusty khaki color but very pretty.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor, the front legs are not sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate.
I purchased eight of these chairs for our dining room and I couldn't be happier. Purchased on sale, I don't think I could have found affordable chairs in the exact style I wanted elsewhere - certainly not locally. They arrived very quickly and in perfect condition. Assembly was easy and I love how everything was stored in the zipper compartment on the underside of the seat. Clever! My only complaint about the packaging is that several of the bags containing the nuts and screws were open and strewn about. This made up think that maybe a few of the chairs we received were returns..but we could not detect any defects or issues. We had to replace a few washers and such hat we were unable to locate. No biggie. Only one of the eight chairs had an issue with a little wobble but that was resolved by putting a pad on the bottom and I think it has settled a bit the more the chair was sat in. After a day or two, we removed all of the hard plastic leg tips that were on the bottom of the chairs as we found they would scratch our wood floors when the chairs are pushed/slid in and out. We just replaced them with soft pads. Easy fix.The seat cushion is soft and springy.....at least for now. The beige fabric is darker than pictured, more of a taupe/greyish beige but I much prefer this and actually banked on this when ordering - more kid friendly and a tad less formal/warmer than a creamier beige. The fabric is durable yet still pleasant to the touch - not rough or abrasive. A great neutral with a nice texture to create interest alongside the seaming and pintuck buttons. The legs could be more solidly constructed but we have used our chairs for over a month without complaint. I do wish they were stained hardwood rather than painted cheaper wood since the legs do easily scratch/nick. Oh well, a little touch up is easy enough. I'm willing to live with this for the price. As we have an open floor plan and our dining area is highly visible from the entryway, living room and kitchen, I wanted a statement piece but something that wouldn't be overpowering to the rest of the space. These chairs have great style yet flow well in our space given the neutral fabric and lower backs. The lower backs are high enough to be supportive and comfortable to sit in. My favorite feature is the nailhead trim. Love it! I love that it runs along the backside of the chair and not just around the seat cushion like so many others out there. The trim is all pretty straight and uniform. Dresses them up a bit, adds modern styling without being too much. I bought these chairs after looking long and hard on several websites and local stores.I was worried that buying a "bargain" would result in less quality and attention to detail but I was pleasantly surprised on this front. Thank goodness! I relied heavily on the reviews - which were immensely helpful in making such an investment sight unseen. I have made several furniture purchases from Overstock over the years. Some better than others but I would consider this purchase the best. Returning eight chairs would have been a huge hassle. Just can't beat the price which allowed me to get the style of chairs I wanted for a reasonable investment.
I normally read reviews, especially when it comes to colors of an item. But I didn't in this case. I received the chairs and was surprised they were darker than the image. The image looks more ivory/cream; whereas they are really a beige. Beige. Beige. Beige. Like a khaki tan/mushroom. Not off-white. Not cream. Not ivory. Closer to the color of the chair shadowed in the background. Anyway. It really worked out for us, because the ivory would have been too matchy-matchy with our other décor. The beige tones down our vibrant yellow wall color in the dining room. (Too bad we can't upload pictures of the products in their real settings.) As for comfort, I needed to find an upholstered chair that my hubby (with a bad back) would actually enjoy sitting at the dining table for a while. (We like to entertain.) This chair has such good support and is so comfortable that he is astounded how long he can sit in it! And since we have a small dining room, I wanted a chair that had a lower profile so the chairs wouldn't take over the space. These are perfect. For the price, it is a great deal. I waited until I got a good coupon, too. Shipping was, of course, FAST!
I have received SO MANY compliments on these chairs. True to size, color is a tad bit darker in person. Arrived quickly and were simple to out together. One leg was a little wobbly, so Overstock sent me a whole new chair. I ordered two sets and could not be happier with my purchase.
I ordered a set of four chairs, the color was much darker than I wanted. I had a very difficult time putting the chairs together, and the legs were not secure at all, very wobbly, so I sent them all back. I was very disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? darker than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not very accurate
Very pleased with my chairs. Ordered 4 for my kitchen table. Very comfortable both on the back and tush. Heavy linen fabric adds great design and texture. They are not big over powering chairs that take up so much room, so it is easy to move. Around them. Love them and have gotten a lot of great feedback from family and friends.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact. Even better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Sturdy well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I was shocked at how beautiful these chairs were in real life! They were a great bargain! I at first, I ordered just 2 to see the color and quality. When they came, I immediately ordered 6 more! Love them, love them, love them! I had never ordered furniture on line before. Overall, it was a great bargain and a great experience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a little darker but still worked into my colors just fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent! I was shocked it was as good as it was!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than a value difference in color, it was exactly as described.
the chairs are absolutely beautiful. i was a little skeptical about not being able to see them before purchasing the chairs But my fiance and i are glad that we did. the chairs look very modern yet very clean and fits right in with our Ronan black dining table from Pier 1. thank you Overstock!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
Gorgeous chairs for my consultation room. Actually very pleased with the fabric color. Prefered what I received over the color shown.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much darker than shown (more khaki/tan)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? GOod description asife from the coloring
we purchased these chairs to go in our dining area and they have worked out very well. We have a similar banquette seat and though they are not exact in color the detail is a good fit. the chairs are comfortable and sturdy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was a little darker than I considered would be upon arrival
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is very good - like how the legs were neatly fit into the underseat zipper compartment and tools to tighten can be stored there as well. chair is very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good description