Assembling the table was extremely difficult due to the fact that there are not enough screws and holes provided to securely fasten the legs to the two shelves. There needs to be at least 8 more holes and 8 more screws in order to make the table sturdy. I returned the item as I would not trust it to hold even a potted plant.
Other than the assembly of this table, I really like it. Perhaps things would have run more smoothly had there been someone to assist with putting it together. Be careful when attaching the legs because there is a piece on the bottom of the leg that holds it to the bottom shelf that bends really easily and could snap if you're not careful- thankfully that didn't happen. Overall, I love the table and it's a nice addition to my home.
I spent a lot of time looking for a console table in this height and length. Assembly was pretty easy (although i have no idea why these furniture makers expect us to use those tiny little allen keys to put things together. its maddening) One of the holes to put the nut and bolt through was a little offset but I was able to put it together without relatively too much trouble. Its SUPER sturdy because of the material that its made out of. The metal they use is very thick. A good table overall if its your style.
I was pleased enough with this product to keep it. It had a defect so I was unable to assemble the original table. However, Overstock quickly remedied that problem by sending replacement parts pretty quickly. I thnk this is a cool looking table, but not something I'd rely on to be stury/stable. It's perfect behind my sofa to place pretty objects on, which is what I was looking for. I wouldn't necessarily want/use this as a "display" piece.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not the best...pretty good for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
I am pleased with my purchase overall. I wanted a similar table from another home interiors catalog, but had an issue paying $50 for S&H. This table ended up costing me $100 less than the other I was considering. Who doesn't LOVE saving $100!! The style (the rustic, industrial look) is what I was looking for: the bolts, metal legs and rustic appearance. I have assembled it and that was easy- 4 bolts. Someone said it was difficult, but my husband and I did it in less than 10 minutes. An extra set of hands may make things a bit easier. I do like it and I know it will look even better once I get the decorative accents on it and the pictures hung around it. I will say that the packing was poor. I do think that there were a few kicks and scraps on the legs, etc, but, fortuneately, it works with the rustic/industrial look. The box was not damaged, so it was an issue with the carrier. The box itself is flimsy and I feel that the unit would have been better protected if there was more packing matierial to cushion the pieces and prevent them from moving inside the box and touching one another.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color/picture on the site provided a good idea of the what the actual product liked like.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price, the quality is reasonable. I was not disappointed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The discription was accurate.
I was looking for a console table that satisfied my rather stringent requirement of a depth less than 15" and this one fit the bill quite nicely. The accents on the iron legs give it a classy feel as does the wicker. I was a bit disappointed that the wicker turned out to be darker than in the photo on the website, but it was only a minor let-down. Assembly was fairly straightforward, though I must note that my package did not appear to contain any directions. Overall, this is a nice console table and won't disappoint!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate except for bottom wicker which is in fact darker than on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The table could be a little sturdier, but overall was of good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate
Putting the product together was difficult. The Alan wrench screws made it difficult, if only Phillips screws were used. Also, I wasn't too sure how to connect the base i.e. was confused about if the metal openings for the screw should be inside or outside - it's outside. The end result is nice but seems a little high for behind my sofa; then again my sofa isn't too tall. Iím worried about the wickered base and its durability.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair. Don't think it will last around child(ren)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate